Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers 3 outs away from going to their 5th NCLS since 2008.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Dodgers 3 outs away from going to their 5th NCLS since 2008.
    MAEDA SUPER IMPRESSIVE INNING

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No more Dbacks

No more Red Sox

Now Dodgers need to get the NLCS monkey off their backs.

Load Metric
    Shoutout to Lauren Shahedi and yu darvish PERSIANS

Load Metric
    Tell me you aren't pulling hard for Yankees to upset Cleveland Druff.

There was zero love for Cleveland in the Soutpoint room today which was striking. Being a Boston guy rooting for Yankees - I was never more popular than I was today.

Winter is coming for John Farrell. Fuck that guy.

Girardi dodged a bullet today.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Tell me you aren't pulling hard for Yankees to upset Cleveland Druff.

There was zero love for Cleveland in the Soutpoint room today which was striking. Being a Boston guy rooting for Yankees - I was never more popular than I was today.

Winter is coming for John Farrell. Fuck that guy.

Girardi dodged a bullet today.
    Astros are the team no one is talking about, and yet I think they will be the ALCS winners.

If the Dodgers finally make it to the World Series, they will probably be facing a tough opponent.

Glad they have home field.

Also glad Barnes is seeing more playing time than automatic-out Grandal. I realize Grandal is a master pitch framer, but boy it's tilting to watch him kill rallies time after time.

Also, how about Justin Turner hitting .500 pretty much every NLDS?

Comments

Ballhawknet: What really matters now ... J. Turner 2016 31 LAD NL NLCS CHC L 6 24 20 1 4 0 0 1 3 1 0 2 3 .200 .333 .350 .683 7 0 2 0 0 0

Load Metric
    Arrieta and his hamstring. It's been a long time since he pitched. Cubs gonna go off a -150 public lovin favorite.

It's gonna be hard not to take Nats. Arrieta lets up a few and the quiet Cubs bats likely not to overcome much of a deficit

Dodgers need help. Yankees upsetting Indians eliminates one threat.

Never followed Astros too closely reg season. Maybe I am like everyone else in this regard. They aren't post season tested or experienced. The weak Red Sox didn't reveal much about the Astros to me.

Load Metric
    For an NLDS or regular season game, my requirements are as follows:

- Field level
    - First 8 rows (not counting the 4-6 additional rows in the "dugout" section in front)
    - Between 1B and 3B
    - No protective screening in the way (sadly this might be extended again in 2018)

So this doesn't leave me with much choice.
    Not looking good...

Cubs, MLB Sued by Fan Who Was Struck by Ball and Left Blind in 1 Eye:

The Chicago Cubs are facing a lawsuit from a fan. On Monday, A.J. Perez of USA Today reported Jay Loos, a 60-year-old Cubs fan, filed a lawsuit against the team and Major League Baseball after he was left blind in one eye and suffered a broken nose as the result of being hit by a foul ball while attending a game.

According to Perez, Loos' lawyer said his client was hit during the Cubs' Aug. 29 game against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Wrigley Field.

"I knew foul balls go into the stands," Loos said. "I guess I had no idea how fast they went. It was like a missile."
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Comments

ftpjesus: Guess he missed the signs "Objects may fly into the stands" memo.. This is like the moron who brings a hair dryer into the shower with him and wonders why he got electrocuted

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Not looking good...

Cubs, MLB Sued by Fan Who Was Struck by Ball and Left Blind in 1 Eye:

The Chicago Cubs are facing a lawsuit from a fan. On Monday, A.J. Perez of USA Today reported Jay Loos, a 60-year-old Cubs fan, filed a lawsuit against the team and Major League Baseball after he was left blind in one eye and suffered a broken nose as the result of being hit by a foul ball while attending a game.

According to Perez, Loos' lawyer said his client was hit during the Cubs' Aug. 29 game against the Pittsburgh Pirates at Wrigley Field.

"I knew foul balls go into the stands," Loos said. "I guess I had no idea how fast they went. It was like a missile."
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Perez noted MLB tickets feature injury disclaimers that warn batted balls can go into the stands,
    which limit the liability of teams, but Loos was there as a guest and didn't have a ticket.

BULLSHIT . Someone with him had the ticket even if he didn't psychically have it . You're not
    allowed into park without a ticket , even as a guest of team/player ... etc. The old cranks that
    usher those seat dont let you near there without a ticket .

Perez noted the Cubs were one of the teams to announce they would extend their netting after the
    2017 season.

Still not going beyond edge of dugout on home plate side ... which would not have
    prevent this incident .

Loos said. "I guess I had no idea how fast they went.
    LOL . Really ? Ok now you're just an idiot .

Bottom line is stay off your phone and pay attention to the game. Or sit in upper deck.

Banned
    Load Metric
    hey flipper flair,

the eyes of texas are upon you.

Name:  920x920.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  42.2 KB

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Justin Verlander Wins Life Rep

Flipper_Fair: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Load Metric
    huge break for nationals if game gets rained out today

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i have to say the yankees and the injuns have been exciting to watch.

i didn't think the yankees would be beaten by the twins but in all honestly i didn't give them much of a chance vs cleveland.

but they've proved me wrong. as special as cleveland is the yankees have a special team as well and really should have already advanced in this.

would love to see a ny/la world series
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawknet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Perez noted MLB tickets feature injury disclaimers that warn batted balls can go into the stands,
    which limit the liability of teams, but Loos was there as a guest and didn't have a ticket.

BULLSHIT . Someone with him had the ticket even if he didn't psychically have it . You're not
    allowed into park without a ticket , even as a guest of team/player ... etc. The old cranks that
    usher those seat dont let you near there without a ticket .

Perez noted the Cubs were one of the teams to announce they would extend their netting after the
    2017 season.

Still not going beyond edge of dugout on home plate side ... which would not have
    prevent this incident .

Loos said. "I guess I had no idea how fast they went.
    LOL . Really ? Ok now you're just an idiot .

Bottom line is stay off your phone and pay attention to the game. Or sit in upper deck.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i have to say the yankees and the injuns have been exciting to watch.

i didn't think the yankees would be beaten by the twins but in all honestly i didn't give them much of a chance vs cleveland.

but they've proved me wrong. as special as cleveland is the yankees have a special team as well and really should have already advanced in this.

would love to see a ny/la world series
    Wondering how many animal sacrifices Rob Manfred is doing in his office to placate the baseball Gods and make a NY LA World Series happen.. Even the broadcasters and advertisers would shit a brick for that to happen..

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Shoutout to Lauren Shahedi and yu darvish PERSIANS
    Shehedi is the stone cold nuts...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It is difficult to know the right thing to do regarding the issue with filed level seats and seeing baseball games with Benjamin.

At all four games he's been to (one in 2016, three this year, including on Saturday), I have bought field seats behind one of the two dugouts, and always stayed away from the foul screen. This is because it sucks to watch the game through a foul screen for 3+ hours. Furthermore, it especially sucks to look through a foul screen when you're a little kid and have a harder time seeing over people in the first place.

The last two games, I was able to get seats which were just a tiny bit past the foul screen, and then I put Ben on the closer side to it, thus making it tough for a line drive ball (or bat) to hit him. But it's very hard to get those seats, as it depends upon them being available for a halfway decent price. I just lucked out the last two times.

So I don't want to move to the upper levels (even the loge level) and degrade the view of the game for him, but I'm also a little worried about him being hit, even though the chance is tiny. Were it just me, it would be a no-brainer. I'm willing to take the chance, but I feel funny taking the chance for him.

He probably won't be with me at a game again until 2018, but it's a tough call what to do.

I'm actually very happy that he is so into going to baseball games. When I came close to skipping the Saturday game (due to traffic and the fact that it was close to game time), he was almost in tears, so I whipped out the Jew credit card and bought tickets, and we jumped in the car.

Load Metric
    It is difficult to know the right thing to do regarding the issue with filed level seats and seeing baseball games with Benjamin.

At all four games he's been to (one in 2016, three this year, including on Saturday), I have bought field seats behind one of the two dugouts, and always stayed away from the foul screen. This is because it sucks to watch the game through a foul screen for 3+ hours. Furthermore, it especially sucks to look through a foul screen when you're a little kid and have a harder time seeing over people in the first place.

The last two games, I was able to get seats which were just a tiny bit past the foul screen, and then I put Ben on the closer side to it, thus making it tough for a line drive ball (or bat) to hit him. But it's very hard to get those seats, as it depends upon them being available for a halfway decent price. I just lucked out the last two times.

So I don't want to move to the upper levels (even the loge level) and degrade the view of the game for him, but I'm also a little worried about him being hit, even though the chance is tiny. Were it just me, it would be a no-brainer. I'm willing to take the chance, but I feel funny taking the chance for him.

He probably won't be with me at a game again until 2018, but it's a tough call what to do.

I'm actually very happy that he is so into going to baseball games. When I came close to skipping the Saturday game (due to traffic and the fact that it was close to game time), he was almost in tears, so I whipped out the Jew credit card and bought tickets, and we jumped in the car.
    like people did in the first 100 years of watching the sport before there were smartphones, simply paying attention to the game should work just fine.

Load Metric
    My twins lost to the Yankees as they appear to be contractually obligated to do so in this century, so I don't have a rooting interest anymore. I do like that Houston team though, and it would be fun to see them win it all...the first true team to full-on tank hard for multiple seasons and then build a winner from the ground up + some additions.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Dusty Baker is going to get fired if the Nationals choke again. Dusty is the same moron who blew the 2002 World Series for the Giants.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Joe Maddon made a rare move today. Switching out a pitcher in the middle of an at-bat. The result? Grandslam for the other team.

Comments

DRK Star: this, fucking, bullpen....

Thread Information