Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Bronze
    Load Metric
    LOGE BOX are under 1k on seat geek and thats including fees .

$1000 > memories for a lifetime

you cheap bastard

kitkat in the background ... " leave him alone ... you dont know ... he may be broke " .... lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawknet View Post

you cheap bastard

kitkat in the background ... " leave him alone ... you dont know ... he may be broke " .... lol
    LOGE BOX is not always what it seems.

Many of these are way off on the side (you might as well be in the bleachers) and many others are under that obnoxious overhang.

Basically I want field or loge seats between 1B and 3B, NOT under an overhang.

Otherwise the view kinda sucks and I'd rather just be at home.

The Dodgers should give me free seats because they're like 8-0 in the last playoff games I've attended, including several where they lost the series.

In general, Seatgeek sucks, as it's slow and the great deals are gone before they appear there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The most I've ever paid for a ticket to anything was $600 for a Lakers playoff ticket, and that was over a decade ago when I was balling with big online poker $ rolling in every day.

So paying over $1000 for a ticket just seems foreign to me, especially if I have to buy 2. If I find someone to go with who is also willing to fork out that type of $ (not easy), then I might be more willing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also I noticed Seatgeek doesn't list Stubhub anymore, which tends to have the best deals.

So it should really be called TicketBrokerGeek, because that's what it's become.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The most I've ever paid for a ticket to anything was $600 for a Lakers playoff ticket, and that was over a decade ago when I was balling with big online poker $ rolling in every day.

So paying over $1000 for a ticket just seems foreign to me, especially if I have to buy 2. If I find someone to go with who is also willing to fork out that type of $ (not easy), then I might be more willing.
    even if there is a remote possibility that you'll have to wait another 30 years? How can you really place a dollar value of what is happening in the Dodgers bullpen?

Your Jew blood runs deeper than mine...

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Also I noticed Seatgeek doesn't list Stubhub anymore, which tends to have the best deals.

So it should really be called TicketBrokerGeek, because that's what it's become.
    We should get a trademark in the works....and take over the industry......I have a lot of spare time.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawknet View Post

you cheap bastard

LOGE BOX is not always what it seems.

Many of these are way off on the side (you might as well be in the bleachers) and many others are under that obnoxious overhang.

Basically I want field or loge seats between 1B and 3B, NOT under an overhang.

Otherwise the view kinda sucks and I'd rather just be at home.

The Dodgers should give me free seats because they're like 8-0 in the last playoff games I've attended, including several where they lost the series.

In general, Seatgeek sucks, as it's slow and the great deals are gone before they appear there.

You say " i ", and " me " , A LOT.

Im just giving you a hard time for not taking your son in what MIGHT BE his only chance to go to a World Series game with his father .
    Maybe he doesn't care . Maybe he is too young and wouldn't appreciate it . Maybe 30 year from now he will curse you for not taking him :0

that is all

You could roll the dice and show up with cash and you might be surprised how easy and cheap t is to find tickets when you have a 6 ? year old in tow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Too far from the stadium (especially with traffic) to take a chance and show up with cash.

That, and those selling tickets outside the stadium might be scammers, and it's definitely worth it to scam for this amount of money.

Benjamin enjoys the games but actually attending a World Series game wouldn't be super-meaningful to him. Yes, he'd be excited to go if I said we were going, but he isn't going to be disappointed if I never mention going.

As I mentioned before, with the NLDS, I made the mistake of telling him we "might" go and had his mom get him ready just in case, and he took that to mean we were definitely going, and he was super upset when I told him it wasn't happening. So I opened the Jew wallet and bought tickets, and it turned out I got a pretty good deal anyway ($229 for 5th-row field seats behind the visitor's dugout).

Load Metric
    While I have no real rooting interest in either of these teams winning the series, I think the Dodgers winning would be a better story. Analytics meets a franchise with deep pockets. Simpleton sportswriters will try to compare them to the Yankees teams of the 90's-00's, but this Dodger team really is unique, and a blend of the two worlds. Outside of Kershaw, a solid chunk of their money is being spent on sunk costs like Crawford, AGonz, Ethier, maybe Kazmir fits into here (he does for this season). Their most meaningful contributors have been all homegrown or acquired on the cheap.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    While I have no real rooting interest in either of these teams winning the series, I think the Dodgers winning would be a better story. Analytics meets a franchise with deep pockets. Simpleton sportswriters will try to compare them to the Yankees teams of the 90's-00's, but this Dodger team really is unique, and a blend of the two worlds. Outside of Kershaw, a solid chunk of their money is being spent on sunk costs like Crawford, AGonz, Ethier, maybe Kazmir fits into here (he does for this season). Their most meaningful contributors have been all homegrown or acquired on the cheap.
    Yes, I've been saying this for awhile now.

The payroll isn't the main reason this team is so good.

It was the reason they could maintain Kenley Jansen and Justin Turner when it was time to pay them (though other teams offered just as much or more).

It was the reason they could give Rich Hill a contract which was way too generous, given his age and history.

It was the reason they didn't have to worry about losing Kershaw.

But they drafted Seager and Bellinger, picked up Taylor, Barnes, and Morrow from the scrap heap, and even Turner was picked up from that same scrap heap four years ago (albeit by the previous regime).

They were even able to take failed closers like Cingrani and Watson and convert them into (so far) successful new roles.

The new management team did bungle a few things, mostly related to starting pitching. Brett Anderson, Brandon McCarthy, and Scott Kazmir all got sizable paychecks and have contributed very little.

And then there was the Dee Gordon trade, which was bad even when you consider that Gordon was doing roids. (Well, I guess it might be good because the Dodgers might have signed him to an expensive contract if they hadn't traded him.) But to trade a guy because of his "defense", and then he goes out and wins a Gold Glove that year, you kinda have egg on your face.

Honestly the Dodgers front office got lucky that Bellinger, Taylor, and Morrow emerged out of nowhere this year, but bottom line is this team should be very good for awhile.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Yes, I've been saying this for awhile now.

The payroll isn't the main reason this team is so good.

It was the reason they could maintain Kenley Jansen and Justin Turner when it was time to pay them (though other teams offered just as much or more).

It was the reason they could give Rich Hill a contract which was way too generous, given his age and history.

It was the reason they didn't have to worry about losing Kershaw.

But they drafted Seager and Bellinger, picked up Taylor, Barnes, and Morrow from the scrap heap, and even Turner was picked up from that same scrap heap four years ago (albeit by the previous regime).

They were even able to take failed closers like Cingrani and Watson and convert them into (so far) successful new roles.

The new management team did bungle a few things, mostly related to starting pitching. Brett Anderson, Brandon McCarthy, and Scott Kazmir all got sizable paychecks and have contributed very little.

And then there was the Dee Gordon trade, which was bad even when you consider that Gordon was doing roids. (Well, I guess it might be good because the Dodgers might have signed him to an expensive contract if they hadn't traded him.) But to trade a guy because of his "defense", and then he goes out and wins a Gold Glove that year, you kinda have egg on your face.

Honestly the Dodgers front office got lucky that Bellinger, Taylor, and Morrow emerged out of nowhere this year, but bottom line is this team should be very good for awhile.
    Choosing to NOT re-sign/match AZ's offer Grienke was big as well, even though that move got panned by people in the sports world and on here a couple years ago. Despite the deep pockets, they are still operating on a budget. If they had 2 30 milly/year pitchers coming into this season, they probably would have lost 2, if not all 3, of Turner, Jansen, Hill.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here we go...

Vin Scully, almost 90 years old, is throwing out the first pitch.

He doesn't walk that well, but at that age, you have to be happy still breathing and having your wits about you.

Still wish he would broadcast one of these games.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    lulz

Vin Scully rickrolled the stadium, and the guy throwing the first pitch will actually be Fernando Valenzuela.

I wondered if Vin was really going throw it, because last time I saw him throw a first pitch, he could barely do it 1/3 of the way.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Vin Scully the goat but he was never traded for a player like this god:

Name:  30A23039-9D67-42E9-8F02-E5148E7756E0.jpeg
Views: 100
Size:  29.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bad start for Hill.

Very wild.

On a side note, that LA-to-Vegas show they advertised before the game looks awful.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Okay, that got a lot better.

So far Altuve not looking impressive in the World Series.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Samsung commercial showing a budding love affair between an Asian guy and a white girl.

Seems like companies feel compelled not to depict companies as heterosexual and same-race these days, even though that's still the vast majority of couples in the US.

And if they're going to show a white/Asian relationship, at least show the Asian female/white male like it seems to be 90%+ of the time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also can we please stop with the commercials supposedly featuring "real people, not actors", which are all totally actors?

Banned
    Load Metric
    JV looking like he’s bringing it tonight

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Verlander looking very very tough so far.

I'm sure Lew will be gloating.

Anyway, this #HR4HR thing annoys me.

Clearly T-Mobile knows that they will get at least 250,000 tweets with that hashtag, so they know they will reach their $500k cap on the whole thing.

So you tweeting #HR4HR isn't really raising $2 each time. You're just giving free marketing to T-Mobile.

In reality, T-Mobile is spending many, many times the amount of money promoting their #HR4HR hashtag than the $500,000 they're actually giving.

Thread Information