Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Okay, so serious question here.

Let's say it's proven with 100% certainty that the Astros were using electronics to steal signs during the 2017 World Series, and that hitters were signaled regarding all or most of Yu Darvish's pitches.

Given that Darvish got hammered both games and Houston won both, do you take away their World Series title?

Keep in mind I do NOT want the Dodgers to finally end their World Series drought this way. To lose the series and then get awarded the title two years after the fact would feel really weird, and something would just feel phony about it, even if the Astros deserve disqualification.

At the same time, I don't feel the Astros deserve to keep their title if this is proven.

Perhaps just take it away and make no World Series champ for 2017?

I doubt baseball would do this, but that would be fair.

Wasn't Yu Darvish's first bad outing in LA. You can't tell me they were doing it in LA @ Dodger Stadium too.

I thought it was accepted that Darvish was tipping his pitches in both games.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Okay, so serious question here.

Let's say it's proven with 100% certainty that the Astros were using electronics to steal signs during the 2017 World Series, and that hitters were signaled regarding all or most of Yu Darvish's pitches.

Given that Darvish got hammered both games and Houston won both, do you take away their World Series title?

Keep in mind I do NOT want the Dodgers to finally end their World Series drought this way. To lose the series and then get awarded the title two years after the fact would feel really weird, and something would just feel phony about it, even if the Astros deserve disqualification.

At the same time, I don't feel the Astros deserve to keep their title if this is proven.

Perhaps just take it away and make no World Series champ for 2017?

I doubt baseball would do this, but that would be fair.

Wasn't Yu Darvish's first bad outing in LA. You can't tell me they were doing it in LA @ Dodger Stadium too.

It was accepted at the time because it was discovered that the Astros definitely knew what was coming.

Now there's obviously a different story.

His first outing was in Houston (Game 3), and the second was at Dodger Stadium (Game 7). He got hammered early in both, and failed to strike out a batter in both.

Definitely looks like they knew what was coming, but now the suspicion is that it wasn't necessarily from tipping pitches.

It would have been possible to pull similar BS in Dodger Stadium, with a high powered camera by someone sitting in the stadium.

Load Metric

It was accepted at the time because it was discovered that the Astros definitely knew what was coming.

His first outing was in Houston (Game 3), and the second was at Dodger Stadium (Game 7). He got hammered early in both, and failed to strike out a batter in both.

Definitely looks like they knew what was coming, but now the suspicion is that it wasn't necessarily from tipping pitches.

It would have been possible to pull similar BS in Dodger Stadium, with a high powered camera by someone sitting in the stadium.

I don't believe they were doing it @ Dodger Stadium. I just don't. I kinda remember other teams players confirming that he was tipping his pitches & they knew all about it. The Dodgers seemed to be the only ones oblivious to it.

Of course they may have used info from Houston to confirm his tipping of pitches.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

The Dodgers seemed to be the only ones oblivious to it.
    Like all frauds involving more than one person ... word gets out. Players knew , coaches knew. Guys talk. You hear things.

I read Friedman was approached with suspicion before the WS.

This year the Nationals scrambled their cODe cause they too had heard things.

The difference, of course, is that the Nationals acted on the intel and the Dodgers did not. You're not surprised, are you? I’m not.

I agree that this almost certainly wasn’t occurring in Dodgers stadium anyway.

Nobody is forfeiting anything. Dodgers still would have found a way to lose. You just gotta give them a chance.

That’s the beauty of curses. Curses end up being a collection of many different and surprising fails and bad beats. There will be more in the Dodgers future.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-15-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Load Metric
    not confirmed yet that in 2020 Dodgers will combat sign stealing by discontinuing catcher signals to pitcher

and instead will use wifi/blue tooth under cap

Mike Postle rumored to have been seen leaving Dodger Stadium recently

repeat, none of this confirmed yet
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information