Thread: Attention Tony Bagadonuts: I May be Going Crazy

Load Metric

Attention Tony Bagadonuts: I May be Going Crazy

Okay, on top of my trip to Seattle in November to take in the Washington game then continuing on to Phoenix to see the Seahawks on the road for the Thursday nighter I'll also be in Seattle for this on October 1st:

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/c...rs-1202503866/

Got tickets on the first base side row 13. This will be my 4th time seeing the Eagles & obviously the first without Glenn Frey. Sure hope Vince Gill is with them for this one but a little bummed that Steely Dan isn't on this bill like the Classic West because I've been doing research since this thread:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...Music-Festival

& holy fuck do they have an impressive fucking playlist.

Now I have to find tickets for the Colts-Seahawks game the next day since I have flights & hotel already booked for a Monday departure. Too bad I couldn't also take in a Mariners game but my head would probably explode. should I take the chance & buy them on Stubhub last minute or what?
    https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...15151-Stub-Hub

I get the Seahawks thingy since they own my face but do the Eagles also own my face?

Please, serious posts only in this very, very serious thread.

I'm sure this will be the one thread Larry or mumbles doesn't post in.

Comments

The_Lurker: go dawgs

tony bagadonuts: Hawks and Dawgs FTW

Baron Von Strucker: Enjoy!!

SysOp: TR?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Are you a Huskies fan too?

Name:  Dave4.png
Views: 408
Size:  657.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post

EMTMAN'S ARMY
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Okay, on top of my trip to Seattle in November to take in the Washington game then continuing on to Phoenix to see the Seahawks on the road for the Thursday nighter I'll also be in Seattle for this on October 1st:

Got tickets on the first base side row 13. This will be my 4th time seeing the Eagles & obviously the first without Glenn Frey. Sure hope Vince Gill is with them for this one but a little bummed that Steely Dan isn't on this bill like the Classic West because I've been doing research since this thread:

Now I have to find tickets for the Colts-Seahawks game the next day since I have flights & hotel already booked for a Monday departure. Too bad I couldn't also take in a Mariners game but my head would probably explode. should I take the chance & buy them on Stubhub last minute or what?

I get the Seahawks thingy since they own my face but do the Eagles also own my face?

Steely Dan is GOD and it's disappointing they won't be there
    HILLARY WON

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    That's cool that those four captains from 1992 found their old uniforms and pads and took a picture like that. Pretty cool.

Load Metric
    But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for

Comments

The_Lurker: you may be right

Baron Von Strucker: I may be crazy
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    I'm only posting here because you had the audacity to say I wouldn't.

in fact, I barely read the OP, happened to click on the spoiler...

and here I am.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Humour is obviously not your strong suit. Carry on.

The_Lurker: oh for fucks sak

simpdog: for once just once stay out of a fucking thread

Muck Ficon: Get a life...you don't need to post in every thread
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post

Nope, can't say I am. I'd have nothing against attending a college game though. I don't arrive in Seattle either time until Saturday about 3PM so I guess that won't work.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Steely Dan is GOD and it's disappointing they won't be there
    While HK and I will sometimes butt heads and exchange insults, I'll always have a soft spot for him for posting this video several years ago.

Comments

hongkonger: If I insulted you I'm sorry because you are good people

Load Metric
    Have fun the weathers been great this summer.... also a must see this weekend at the birch bay music festival, saw the arcade cowboys last night and did a little two steppen.
    Name:  IMG_3971.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  3.50 MB

Comments

LarryLaffer: and they say country music isn't dead
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

This is a great plan, the M's are on the road for the last 6 games of the season so that's not a consideration.

An Eagles show is always a good idea, in fact I think I'll go as I've never seen them.

Buy your Seahawk ticket in advance, the uncertainty is -EV IMO when you're already traveling and rocking a full schedule.

Load Metric
    hongkonger: If I insulted you I'm sorry because you are good people

Nice of HK to say, but no apology is necessary. It's an internet forum, butting heads and exchanging insults are table stakes around here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    This is a great plan, the M's are on the road for the last 6 games of the season so that's not a consideration.

An Eagles show is always a good idea, in fact I think I'll go as I've never seen them.

Buy your Seahawk ticket in advance, the uncertainty is -EV IMO when you're already traveling and rocking a full schedule.
    Yeah, I just can't see myself waiting last minute to buy tickets for the Seahawks since I'm purposely staying an extra day & there's no way I'm missing the game. I'll be keeping an eye on ticketmaster & stubhub & be ready to pounce when I see what I like.

I encourage you to go see the Eagles & Doobie Brothers because it will be a great show IMO. We have seats in section 119 on the first base side a few rows up right on the aisle. I'll buy you a beer if you decide to go, or at the Indy game the next day if you don't. We are planning on doing the tailgating thing too since last year for the Falcons game we were at it was supposed to be a monsoon of biblical proportions that never really materialized but it still rained enough.

Have you ever done a road trip with the Hawks &, if so, how did that go? I'm hoping the Cardinal fans are gonna be cool because I got front row seats in the Ring of Honour(upper deck) on the 30-35 yard line & I'd hate to be tossed over the railing for cheering for the "wrong" team even though I don't plan on being a rabid dickhead about it, I'd just like to wear my gear & not get attacked. Any advice would be appreciated.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    I get the desire to listen to the Eagles, Doobie Brothers, Rolling Stones, etc. but to pay good money and not get in a time machine to 1980 as well makes no sense at all to me. That said I will still go out to see David Wilcox when he comes to town for a free outdoor concert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    I get the desire to listen to the Eagles, Doobie Brothers, Rolling Stones, etc. but to pay good money and not get in a time machine to 1980 as well makes no sense at all to me. That said I will still go out to see David Wilcox when he comes to town for a free outdoor concert.
    You also have to factor in the "roadtrip" aspect to it. It's all about the adventure that's gonna include good music, good football, good food & great hotel sex.

Comments

Deal: Happy wife = Happy life
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    You also have to factor in the "roadtrip" aspect to it. It's all about the adventure that's gonna include good music, good football, good food & great hotel sex.
    Hotel sex is worth the trip IMO, I think most long time married guys like us would agree.

Comments

Hockey Guy: True story.

Load Metric
    Okay, now we're all set.

Just bought my seats for the Indy game. Front row of section 309 just off the 50 yard line. Paid a little more than my other tickets bu they are exactly what we wanted so I had to go with it.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Yeah, I just can't see myself waiting last minute to buy tickets for the Seahawks since I'm purposely staying an extra day & there's no way I'm missing the game. I'll be keeping an eye on ticketmaster & stubhub & be ready to pounce when I see what I like.

I encourage you to go see the Eagles & Doobie Brothers because it will be a great show IMO. We have seats in section 119 on the first base side a few rows up right on the aisle. I'll buy you a beer if you decide to go, or at the Indy game the next day if you don't. We are planning on doing the tailgating thing too since last year for the Falcons game we were at it was supposed to be a monsoon of biblical proportions that never really materialized but it still rained enough.

Have you ever done a road trip with the Hawks &, if so, how did that go? I'm hoping the Cardinal fans are gonna be cool because I got front row seats in the Ring of Honour(upper deck) on the 30-35 yard line & I'd hate to be tossed over the railing for cheering for the "wrong" team even though I don't plan on being a rabid dickhead about it, I'd just like to wear my gear & not get attacked. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I've been to one Hawks road game ever. We have relatives in Alexandria, VA so as a family we went to visit them for Thanksgiving 2003. Since the Hawks were playing the Ravens that weekend of course we decided to go to the game. I was rockin' my Hasselbeck #8 and my brother the wisenheimer wears his Dilfer #4. We're well behaved visitors and acted like guests in someone else's home.

The game couldnt have been going better. We're way up on the Ravens into the 4th quarter and the stadium is emptying. Then this happened...

Load Metric
    We're now all set for these 2 trips. The tickets for the Phoenix game arrived this morning via UPS. This was the last loose end as all hotels, flights, etc are booked.

I can't wait.

If tony or anybody has some recommendations for restaurants in & around the downtown core, I'll be all ears.

Also any tips on tailgating would be appreciated. I believe the main area is just Southwest of Safeco. Is this accurate?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Thought I would do a little trip report from this trip last weekend. I would have done it sooner but with work & everything else happening in this world I was distracted.

Here we go:

Thursday morning my wife got a voicemail from Alaska Airlines(the trip was booked in her name thru her Expedia account with her cell phone as the contact number) telling her our Saturday afternoon flight was cancelled & we were re-booked for a Sunday evening flight.

Talk about an all-time fucking fail.

She called me at work crying & I told her to call them back & tell them what we were doing & a Sunday evening flight wasn't gonna work since we would miss both the concert & the football game & we were flying out Monday morning & weren't gonna fly into Seattle just to be on the ground for 12 hours. I told her we could go Friday evening or even the 6AM flight Saturday morning, while not ideal, would also work. They were very understanding & we were re-booked on the 6AM flight Saturday. Again, not ideal since we live 2.5 hours from the airport & needed to be there by 4AM, but I assured her that we would make the best of it.

Them being so understanding kinda raised my suspicion that the afternoon flight was over-booked & they realized how screwed they were with people flying in for both the concert & football game. This was based on a lot of chatter among groups my wife was in that a lot of people from the area were doing exactly what we were doing. I planned to wait until we got to the airport to check the board & see if the flight was actually cancelled, & if it wasn't, ask for a contact to complain & get compensation Druff style. Drove in Friday night & got a hotel near the airport for convenience & another opportunity for hotel sex.

Saturday:

Well we get there & the counter girl confirms the flight has been cancelled but when we get thru security & to the gate I check the board & the afternoon flight is still on the board & now I'm a little pissed. I go straight to the gate agent & calmly ask for a contact to lodge a complaint & when she asks why I briefly explain the situation. She then tells me that she JUST posted that flight as cancelled but gives me a card with a contact anyways & when I go look at the board 5 seconds later it is indeed listed as cancelled. A little weird, timing wise, but I take her word on it since the flight remains posted as cancelled right up to the moment we board the plane & showed up as cancelled on the board in Seattle when we landed. Decided it wasn't worth my time to pursue any further since we were there & we'd just make the best of the situation.

2 hour flight, yes the flight was shorter than the drive to the airport, was uneventful & was actually about 15 minutes early. We only had carry-on so we grabbed our bags & off to the LRT where, for $3/ea, we were transferred to University Street Station in downtown Seattle about a block from where we were staying, the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. I guess there would be reasons, but I can't think of any good ones, that would make me spend the $45+ & take a taxi from the airport to downtown Seattle rather than the train. It's just so convenient & I find it to be a good way to unwind after the flight.

We arrived @ the hotel about 8AM knowing full well that we would be dropping our bags off at the bell desk & we would go for breakfast somewhere around Pike's Place Market but to our surprise we got an early check-in & up to the room we went. We just relaxed for a while & unpacked & drank the complimentary coffee before we decided it was breakfast time. We made our way down towards Pike's Place Market & stopped for breakfast @ Ludi's where we both had a very filling omelette. It was a pretty busy place but we got lucky & got a booth overlooking the very busy Pike Street & enjoyed our breakfast while people watching.

We finished breakfast & explored the market for an hour or so before deciding to work our way back toward the hotel & do some shopping along the way. We stopped a few places but ended up in the Pro Shop where we bought the grand kids a few Seahawks souvenirs as well as a jacket for her & socks for me. I now have 6 pairs of Seahawk socks. I know, tight life, eh. We also bought a couple ponchos because the forecast that night was 80% chance of rain.

Got back to the hotel about noon & decided to have a nap before our 3:15 dinner reservations @ Shuckers(downstairs in our hotel) before the concert. Wife decided hotel sex was in order so we fucked before & after the nap then showered & made it down for dinner @ precisely 3:15. I started with seafood chowder(manhatten style) then beer battered fish & chips while she had some kind of salad then linguini & clam sauce. We also had a drink or 2 each & a nice glass of chardonnay that paired very well with the seafood. Cost $110+ tip. Highly recommended.

Doors opened @ 5PM @ Safeco & we had already decided we wanted to be there early enough to explore the facility so we finished dinner & grabbed the LRT down to the stadium where people were already arriving in full swing. As we were walking to the stadium we noticed these "bridges to nowhere" above us & were openly speculating WTF they were for. Any locals would have thought we were nuts because when we got into the stadium we realized the place had a fucking removable roof(ponchos would be unnecessary eh!) & the "bridges" were where the roof sat when they opened it up. d'oh. We walked the full concourse & went up & down in various places to check the sight lines from the top to the bottom & I have to say Safeco is a spectacular venue that Seattle should be proud of.

The Concert:

The Doobie Brothers opened the festivities @ exactly 7PM & cranked out 75 minutes of hit after hit from the 70's. My wife commented "I didn't realize they did this song" during every one of the first 3 songs & I mocked her unmercifully for the rest of the set, PFA style. I obviously knew every song& the only disappointed in them was Michael MacDonald was not in the lineup but they sounded good nonetheless.

The Eagles took the stage exactly as advertised @ 8:45 & rocked the place for the next 2+ hours. They had Glenn Frey's son Deacon in the band & he did a credible job with the vocals of a few songs his dad is famous for. For the other songs that Glenn would usually sing they had, none other than, Vince Gill in the lineup. I was very interested to see how his vocals would fit in with the legendary layered Eagles vocals & I wasn't disappointed at all. He fit right in seamlessly & the band showed off the incredible musicianship & vocal harmony they are known for. I doubt anybody was disappointed. Anyway, bought a Doobies t-shirt & a couple more Eagles t-shirts to add to the collection.

It was a memorable night & beers were $12 but they were the big double cans.

Sunday:

Slept in until 9AM after getting back to the hotel the previous night around midnight & after some more hotel sex & a shower, made our way down to Pike Place Bar & Grill for breakfast. I had a feast of steak & eggs & she had bacon & eggs while we watched some of the early games on the TV's.

We finished up & did some shopping in the market before heading down to the stadium area because I had bought some tickets on Stubhub to a VIP tailgate party in Hawk Alley a little SW of Safeco on Utah Ave. Had some trouble finding where we were supposed to be but finally found the place where they had the Beast Bus. This party had a DJ & giveaways & food was included as well as 6 drink tickets each although, for some reason, they gave my wife 12. Hung out here for a couple hours having a couple drinks & just soaking it all in & then headed back to the stadium area & the "tailgate party" inside Wamu theater until the stadium doors opened. If there is a next time I'll just pay $20 at the door of the VIP party rather than buying them online for $35+ fees. I didn't know better.

The Game:

Leisurely strolled the stadium before making our way up to the upper concourse on the visitors side where we checked out our seats for the Nov 4th game & then settled into our seats in the front row of section 309 on the 45 yard line. The front row of the upper deck is the perfect place to watch a game from IMO. We grabbed something to eat(don't remember much about it but it wasn't all that great) &, for some reason, my wife decided to stand in line for the next hour to get a coffee from the Starbucks booth.

Settled in for the game & found out they were honoring their Canadian fans this game as well as retiring Kenny Easley's number at halftime. Needless to say, after a terrible first half where they were losing 15-10, we left @ halftime & missed the Kenny Easley retirement ceremony & then watched the tremendous second half from a seedy bar just north of the stadium.

Just kidding tony, we stayed for the 2nd half & witnessed what we had been waiting for thru the first 4 games, a totally dominate performance in all 3 phases. As a matter of fact, we might be on TV because his banner was unveiled over us.

Got back to the hotel & decided to grab a quick bite @ Shuckers again. Only ordered a couple appys since we weren't overly hungry & called it a night after 1 more round of hotel sex.

All in all, a great weekend.

Did you make it to the concert Tony?

Comments

The_Lurker: great tr

Crowe Diddly: new socks rep

tony bagadonuts: Well done HG, and unfortunately I couldn't make the show
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 10-07-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Thread Information