Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TEBOW IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Fuck him over? LOL wat? They paid him $4 milly last year to do jack shit and had every right to try to deal him through the draft in order to try to get something for him.

The Jets are a huge fail obv, and I have no idea why they traded for him to begin with but I don't buy this screwjob stuff at all.
    I know it was their right to hold him as long as they wanted, but his release was imminent. They absolutely knew there was no trade market for him, they've been shopping him since the off season began with no takers. Now after the draft and most free agents already signed, it makes it that much harder for him to find a job. Yes, obv $4million is a lot of money, but as far as Tebow is concerned it is a slap in the face to release him now.

BTW, not a Tebow fan. IMO his name shouldn't even be mentioned when talking about NFL caliber QB's. I just really don't like the Jets TBH.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 04-29-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Load Metric
    Also BTW, Tebow did not receive $4mil, he received $1.5 with another $2.5mil going to the Broncos as part of the trade agreement.

Seriously though, how horrible are the Jets?

Possibly the worst move in the history of the NFL next to the Herschel Walker trade from Dallas to Minnesota. At least Herschel could play though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Also BTW, Tebow did not receive $4mil, he received $1.5 with another $2.5mil going to the Broncos as part of the trade agreement.

Possibly the worst move in the history of the NFL next to the Herschel Walker trade from Dallas to Minnesota. At least Herschel could play though.
    It didnt work out but was it that bad? Outside of paying money did they really give up that much?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

It didnt work out but was it that bad? Outside of paying money did they really give up that much?
    4th, 6th and 7th round pick and $4mil total, plus a giant circus that basically fucked their entire season. Not that their season would have been anything to write home about, but it definitely was a fiasco that impeded any possible progress they were going to make with Dirty Sanchez, which TBH probably wasn't going to happen, but we'll never know now. He is a shot QB in NY. IMO this was time for their franchise QB to either start to get back to form, or fall off the cliff. The Tebow signing basically pushed him off that cliff.

Load Metric
    Mark Sanchez isn't capable of reading and reacting to NFL defenses, period.

Troy Aikman threw for 23 TDs in 1992, the same year he led the Dallas Cowboys to their first super bowl victory in 15 years. Aikman threw for 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions in the playoffs, including 4 touchdowns in the super bowl, earning himself MVP honors.

There is no doubt Aikman played amongst greater players than Sanchez, but there also shouldn't be any question he was essential to that dynasty.

Past four years:
    Tom Brady 137/37 TD/INT
    Aaron Rodgers 142/32 TD/INT
    Sanchez 68/69 TD/INT

The Jets and Patriots had excellent O-lines over those four years.

You have to give credit to players based off of reality. Tom Brady won his first super bowl with a starting core of WR Troy Brown, WR David Patten, RB Antowain Smith, RB Kevin Faulk, and TE Jermaine Wiggens.

Reality is reality and Aikman, Brady, and Rodgers are HOFers and super bowl winners, and Sanchez isn't.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    4th, 6th and 7th round pick and $4mil total, plus a giant circus that basically fucked their entire season. Not that their season would have been anything to write home about, but it definitely was a fiasco that impeded any possible progress they were going to make with Dirty Sanchez, which TBH probably wasn't going to happen, but we'll never know now. He is a shot QB in NY. IMO this was time for their franchise QB to either start to get back to form, or fall off the cliff. The Tebow signing basically pushed him off that cliff.
    Yah that's a steep price considering they didn't use him. Could have got a starter or 2 out of that draft possibly but not a huge major fuckup that will set the franchise back forever.

The circus wasn't too bad. They would have sucked no matter what. I don't think it hurt Sanchez really. he did have an awfull season but that was one of the most pathetic offenses of all time from skill players to the offensive line.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Highbrow View Post
    Mark Sanchez isn't capable of reading and reacting to NFL defenses, period.

Troy Aikman threw for 23 TDs in 1992, the same year he led the Dallas Cowboys to their first super bowl victory in 15 years. Aikman threw for 8 touchdowns and 0 interceptions in the playoffs, including 4 touchdowns in the super bowl, earning himself MVP honors.

There is no doubt Aikman played amongst greater players than Sanchez, but there also shouldn't be any question he was essential to that dynasty.

Past four years:
    Tom Brady 137/37 TD/INT
    Aaron Rodgers 142/32 TD/INT
    Sanchez 68/69 TD/INT

The Jets and Patriots had excellent O-lines over those four years.

You have to give credit to players based off of reality. Tom Brady won his first super bowl with a starting core of WR Troy Brown, WR David Patten, RB Antowain Smith, RB Kevin Faulk, and TE Jermaine Wiggens.

Reality is reality and Aikman, Brady, and Rodgers are HOFers and super bowl winners, and Sanchez isn't.
    Ok so Aikman did it once in a season. Never questioned Aikmans ability to manage games or play in big games. He deserves a lot of credit but he never really had to do much but hand off and when he had to throw GUYS WERE WIDE OPEN because they were trying to contain the run. But he did his job.

And I agree brady and Rodgers are much better than Sanchez and I am not comparing them. II'm just saying if you were to take Tom brady last year and pop him in with that pathetic jets offensive line and receiving core it wouldnt have been anything special. Rodgers too. And I believe Sanchez Would have been a MUCH better QB if he had Brady or Rodgers supporting cast. But he doesn't so he will continue to be mediocre or sub mediocre until they fill a lot of holes

Load Metric
    http://www.covers.com/articles/artic...?theArt=318889

Sign with an AFC team -110
    Sign with an NFC team -110
    Play in the CFL +400
    Play in the Arena Football League +1,000
    Does not play another down of pro football +400

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    http://www.covers.com/articles/artic...?theArt=318889

Sign with an AFC team -110
    Sign with an NFC team -110
    Play in the CFL +400
    Play in the Arena Football League +1,000
    Does not play another down of pro football +400
    How long does the bet go?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    OMAHA, Neb. -- The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.

A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract.

Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.

Tebow went unclaimed on NFL waivers Tuesday.

The Beef's quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow.

"I think Tim can learn a lot from me," McNear said.

At The Omaha Beef QB talking shit on Tebow even.

Load Metric

Obv agree on the Herschel trade being the worst. Off the top of my head, though, I would say the Saints trading all their picks in the draft (plus another 1st and 3rd the next year) to move up and take Ricky Williams was another trade much worse than the Tebow trade. Really the Williams trade was about as bad as the Herschel trade, but the Redskins didn't do shit with the bounty they received, and the Cowboys built a dynasty.

...Tebow should have worn a wedding dress with Rex on the cover of a magazine, though.
    Last edited by gut; 05-01-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Obv agree on the Herschel trade being the worst. Off the top of my head, though, I would say the Saints trading all their picks in the draft (plus another 1st and 3rd the next year) to move up and take Ricky Williams was another trade much worse than the Tebow trade. Really the Williams trade was about as bad as the Herschel trade, but the Redskins didn't do shit with the bounty they received, and the Cowboys built a dynasty.

...Tebow should have worn a wedding dress with Rex on the cover of a magazine, though.
    I may not know much about football but Williams had 100 times the talent Tebow will ever have

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

TBH like I said before, I just like to laugh at the Jets, so I was probably going a bit overboard calling it the worst move next to the Herschel trade. In reality it was just a really bad move, but not something that set their franchise back 5-10 years like the Herschel trade did. It was just really, really dumb. I agree, the Ricky Williams move was a close second. I remember thinking to myself back then that Mike Ditka obv didn't learn a thing from the Minnesota debacle. Remember something else too about that move... My Birds chose Donovan over Williams, which I felt was the right move and obv still do, but at the time I was in a very small minority.

Load Metric
    Chinamaniac, is this true?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...201742404.html

"When the Broncos defense was on the field, offensive coaches would often tell Tebow the first series of plays they wanted to run when the team got the ball back. Tebow would nod, and they'd separate. And then, invariably, a short while later he'd ask for the information again. Sometimes this ritual would repeat right up until Tebow had to duck into the huddle and call the play. As a result, despite starting only 11 games in 2011, Tebow was flagged for delay of game an NFL-high seven times. Worse still was the fact that, according to scouts, Tebow almost never audibled because he struggled to quickly and properly read defenses. And of all the deadly sins Tebow committed against quarterbacking, this was the worst: lacking the self-awareness to recognize and fix these shortcomings. Maybe the most shocking part of Tebowmania isn't that he has been cast out of the NFL after just three years but that he lasted as long as he did."
    Looks like it's over, at least in the NFL.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Chinamaniac, is this true?

"When the Broncos defense was on the field, offensive coaches would often tell Tebow the first series of plays they wanted to run when the team got the ball back. Tebow would nod, and they'd separate. And then, invariably, a short while later he'd ask for the information again. Sometimes this ritual would repeat right up until Tebow had to duck into the huddle and call the play. As a result, despite starting only 11 games in 2011, Tebow was flagged for delay of game an NFL-high seven times. Worse still was the fact that, according to scouts, Tebow almost never audibled because he struggled to quickly and properly read defenses. And of all the deadly sins Tebow committed against quarterbacking, this was the worst: lacking the self-awareness to recognize and fix these shortcomings. Maybe the most shocking part of Tebowmania isn't that he has been cast out of the NFL after just three years but that he lasted as long as he did."
    Looks like it's over, at least in the NFL.
    I know he has an above 500 record and a playoff win. Not sure about that stuff

Hes just too good for the league

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh and DOM BROWN IS GOD/thread

Load Metric
    Oh and DOM BROWN IS GOD/thread
    Don't be jinxing my boy like that. He's one of the few good things about this season so far. Let us at least have that before you go throwing the Chinamaniac kaibosh on him.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Fleming highlights one reason for why Tebow remains a free agent.

Add in Tebow's continually poor throwing mechanics, which has resulted in a career completion percentage of 47.9 percent, and it's clear that his days as a starting quarterback in the NFL are likely over.

I do think the Jets fucked Tebow.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    TEBOW IS GOD

Load Metric
    TEBOW IS A FULLBACK
    fyp
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Thread Information