Thread: Tip: If Bovada/Ignition kicks you off the table, check hand history

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Tip: If Bovada/Ignition kicks you off the table, check hand history

If the hand history shows that ALL players were disconnected, call Bovada/Ignition and complain.

They will issue you a refund for the money you put in, provided that it's clear to them that all players were knocked off by their server.

This happened to me tonight, as I was on the SB ($15) at a $30/$60 limit holdem game, and their server screwed up and booted all 3 players off.

I called, they looked into it, agreed it was due to server trouble, and refunded my $15.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    If the hand history shows that ALL players were disconnected, call Bovada/Ignition and complain.

They will issue you a refund for the money you put in, provided that it's clear to them that all players were knocked off by their server.

This happened to me tonight, as I was on the SB ($15) at a $30/$60 limit holdem game, and their server screwed up and booted all 3 players off.

I called, they looked into it, agreed it was due to server trouble, and refunded my $15.
    Yup. Their server sucks ass, but they are very good about giving out refunds. This doesn't effect to you todd, but I have a tip for SNG players who are disconnected. If you disconnect, they will refund your buyin if you can't reconnect. But, lets say you disconnect with 2500 chips, and you are finally able to reconnect and have 250 chips left. You won't get a refund. So depending on what your stack size was, just sitting it out might be the best plan.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

Yup. Their server sucks ass, but they are very good about giving out refunds. This doesn't effect to you todd, but I have a tip for SNG players who are disconnected. If you disconnect, they will refund your buyin if you can't reconnect. But, lets say you disconnect with 2500 chips, and you are finally able to reconnect and have 250 chips left. You won't get a refund. So depending on what your stack size was, just sitting it out might be the best plan.
    Just played a cash hand where I got disconnected from their crap server. I was the only one to get disconnected.

Do I have a shot at a refund?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

Just played a cash hand where I got disconnected from their crap server. I was the only one to get disconnected.

Do I have a shot at a refund?
    Well you should be able to. If they were having no server issues at that time, there is a decent chance they will say it was your connection, and maybe won't refund you. Would be strange though if you disconnected because of their server, when nobody else on the site was having issues. I've never had a disconnect when the site wasn't having issues. If I disconnect I go right to the 2p2 bovada thread to confirm others are having issues.

I think their policy is the most fair. They can't do EV calculations for every disconnection, so just giving you back what you put into the pot, no matter what seems fairest to me. Also for the sit n goes its easy to take advantage by staying disconnected if yer stacks were shit, or working hard to reconnect if it would still be +EV. I usually just try reconnecting for a while because its a pain in the ass to get all the tourney numbers, then call, then ask for a refund. Also, if I do reconnect there are likely to still be a few disconnects. Always nice to be able to sit them out though if you know reconnecting will be -EV.

Load Metric
    I'm surprised that there are even LHE games running on bovada. It's gotta be the only place online that has it (for US players).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Cocksuckers at Bovada wasted literally 100 minutes of my time on an infuriating customer service phone call regarding a disconnect where I lost $120. (Plus I had the winning hand.)

These fuckers kept telling me all these tales about other players at other tables being disconnected, and yet weren't understanding why I was insisting why my disconnect was part of a greater problem.

After about 80 minutes, a supervisor finally told me that this was all not true (lol) and that I was actually the only one disconnected.

Not going to go into the whole story, but I think the ultimate conclusion was correct -- that I was the only one disconnected (still was the fault of their shitty software), but they took 80 fucking minutes to get there, in a call filled with nonsensical misinformation which led me down the rabbit hole of trying to prove my point.

They kept putting me on hold to check with "experts at the poker department" who kept checking on things and giving me more and more wrong info, so that's why the call took so long.

I then asked for a customer service credit for wasting well over an hour of my time, and they told me to eat shit, and finally gave me a laughable $10 for the whole thing.

Fuck them.

Load Metric
    Cocksuckers at Bovada wasted literally 100 minutes of my time on an infuriating customer service phone call regarding a disconnect where I lost $120. (Plus I had the winning hand.)

These fuckers kept telling me all these tales about other players at other tables being disconnected, and yet weren't understanding why I was insisting why my disconnect was part of a greater problem.

After about 80 minutes, a supervisor finally told me that this was all not true (lol) and that I was actually the only one disconnected.

Not going to go into the whole story, but I think the ultimate conclusion was correct -- that I was the only one disconnected (still was the fault of their shitty software), but they took 80 fucking minutes to get there, in a call filled with nonsensical misinformation which led me down the rabbit hole of trying to prove my point.

They kept putting me on hold to check with "experts at the poker department" who kept checking on things and giving me more and more wrong info, so that's why the call took so long.

I then asked for a customer service credit for wasting well over an hour of my time, and they told me to eat shit, and finally gave me a laughable $10 for the whole thing.

Fuck them.
    I was playing a $21 double up yesterday and disconnected and blinded out. I called to try to get refund and a guy who barely spoke english and didn't seem to understand poker told me they weren't having server problems and I was the problem. 4 other people on 2p2 forums said they had disconnected at the exact same time, so I told him that, and he didn't understand what a forum was. He was rambling something about how I had previously lost a pot with JJ or something before I disconnected. I spent about 3 minutes trying to communicate with him before I just hung up. Was only $21, didn't want to spend much time fighting for such a small amount of money which I probably wont get anyway.

Thread Information