Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Active shooter in Las Vegas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I agree with you that assault rifles should probably be banned, but yeah, this guy already showed he had the capability to modify the rifles he did have, so banning their sale wasn't necessarily going to stop this anyway.

You do realize, that other than appearance, there is little difference b/n an "assault rifle" and any other type of semi-automatic hunting rifle? It's just a term loosely thrown around by folks trying to scare people.

Load Metric
    I know why Stephen Paddock killed 59 people and wounded hundreds more.

You see...God made him do it because some black guys kneeled down during the National Anthem and insulted the President. All of those black guys are of course unhurt. God just decided to kill a bunch of Country Music fans who had nothing to do with it.

Thanks for figuring that out, Pat Robertson. I can see why you're a leader to 100 million Evangelical Christian Americans and an advisor to the President.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: Murica in a nutshell

sonatine: here we go

hongkonger: Doing god's work

PuppyMonkeyBaby: How the fuck is Pat Robertson still alive and Hugh Hefner dead.

OSA: moron, he said vision of god 5x. because we dont all put faith in god we dont have that moral compass and a result we kill. disagree obv but dont cherrypick one thing

Sloppy Joe: America in a nutshell

Load Metric
    Here comes barry with the non sequiturs............keep em coming.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Red herring
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Isn't the Life Is Beautiful patron demographic more liberal than Route 91? I ask this remembering that he couldn't book a room at the Ogden and only seemed to go to Mandalay in a pinch.

Wouldn't this say that Paddock was actually wanting to attack liberals first, rendering the idea he was alt-left specifically going after Trumpkins at Route 91 a moot point?

A mild argument could be made here that Paddock leaned to the right, if anything. He was a rugged individualist never depending on anyone else during his law-abiding life.

Still think this was more about the gambling than politics either way.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    I know why Stephen Paddock killed 59 people and wounded hundreds more.

You see...God made him do it because some black guys kneeled down during the National Anthem and insulted the President. All of those black guys are of course unhurt. God just decided to kill a bunch of Country Music fans who had nothing to do with it.

Thanks for figuring that out, Pat Robertson. I can see why you're a leader to 100 million Evangelical Christian Americans and an advisor to the President.

Religion is such a poison . The only good that comes from it is that it instills a moral code into stupid sociopaths that need to fear god so they dont harm others. Too bad Paddock wasnt stupid

Comments

Sloppy Joe:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I agree with you that assault rifles should probably be banned, but yeah, this guy already showed he had the capability to modify the rifles he did have, so banning their sale wasn't necessarily going to stop this anyway.

You do realize, that other than appearance, there is little difference b/n an "assault rifle" and any other type of semi-automatic hunting rifle? It's just a term loosely thrown around by folks trying to scare people.

Lol, exactly.

I can't imagine that alot of people reading this have even fired a firearm, like ever. Almost every time you see someone going ape shit about guns must be banned, most of the time it's someone that has never fired a gun and only knows what movies and Hillary Clinton say about guns.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Im all for individual states doing what they want regarding assault riffles, if the citizens of Nevada want to ban all guns and they turn out to vote in favor of banning all guns in Nevada i won't have an issue with that.
    mint being farther left than 90% of america and against the second amendment is a swerve i didn't see coming

Load Metric
    Druff couldn't wait to theorize in the way of political finger-pointing. Others too jumped on the bandwagon. From both sides.

This incident should create a level of political unity, not divide. The attempted point scoring after such an event is truly bizarre from where I'm sitting.

The focus should be squarely on preventing cold-blooded killers from having the means to carry out further attacks with such devastation. Surely politicians & voters from across the board can unite behind that.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    This incident should create a level of political unity, not divide. The attempted point scoring after such an event is truly bizarre from where I'm sitting.

Whats confusing you is that every.. single... one... of our mass shooting incidents... the democrats demand some form of government response by way of legislation, and the republicans, starting with the ones getting rich off NRA donations, stonewall and offer absolutely nothing but "thoughts and prayers".

So yeah, there isnt a lot of potential for unity there.

And there wont be in a week when this shit happens again.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: i'm still sorta learning on the spot here.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    NRA hasnt really spent alot in terms of lobbying until recently though.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...t-all-of-them/

Load Metric
    It Has occurred to me that this guy was doing this in haste. Sure I've read about his preparation and thought that went into this, but ask yourself: if He cared so much about his family and gf, enough to plan to wire money to her or her family so we surmise, then why wouldn't such a rich man who owned so much property take a little more time and sell it for those he loved? There were going to be plenty of opportunities to do this. Now everything he's accumulated is going to be taken from his estate now and this is something he would have known. This leads me to think this was all more hasty than what's currently being presented.

Load Metric
    I'm starting to realize that a lot of people in this thread maybe dont really "get" what happens during a psychotic episode.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Bronze
    Load Metric
    It Has occurred to me that this guy was doing this in haste. Sure I've read about his preparation and thought that went into this, but ask yourself: if He cared so much about his family and gf, enough to plan to wire money to her or her family so we surmise, then why wouldn't such a rich man who owned so much property take a little more time and sell it for those he loved? There were going to be plenty of opportunities to do this. Now everything he's accumulated is going to be taken from his estate now and this is something he would have known. This leads me to think this was all more hasty than what's currently being presented.
    I think he was doing it in haste, but I believe that the property etc will be assigned to her in the will etc and that he sent her enough money so that she could live until she can get the properties. I also believe that it is a great thing for us that he didn't get that suite at the Ogden....

Comments

OSA: he would have killed ALOT more

Load Metric
    Like, we've seen this shit before:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

Load Metric
    Also, fun fact, apparently he had recently been prescribed valium. One of the side effects can be aggressive behavior, apparently.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    His father was crazy enough to land the top 10 FBI'S most wanted, there's a clue plus his brother has that crazy look. I think high capacity magazines need to be banned and the shooting community needs to usher in an era self policing instead of everyone sharing info on how to get around the laws. I personally know quite a few people who've been shot and I'm not in the hood.

Interesting call until he went conspiracy theorist, have you guys seen all the conspiracy theories, geez. Didn't he film himself doing the shooting? I hope they release the tapes, none of the CT's hold any water from what I've seen, I think the lady telling everyone they were going to die had to be drunk talking shit. He was a Trump supporter supposedly.

Also, what prescriptions was he on. That's the culprit in many of these incidents where someone does something so out of character like this.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 10-04-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I'm starting to realize that a lot of people in this thread maybe dont really "get" what happens during a psychotic episode.

I GET WHAT HAPPENS. SOMEONE GETS BUTTHURT OVER A POST. THEY MAKE THREADS ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO HURT THEM.

Comments

OSA: hahahah
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

The only good that comes from it is that it instills a moral code into stupid sociopaths that need to fear god so they dont harm others.

You are completely on fleek with this. Well said.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHoster View Post
    I think he was doing it in haste, but I believe that the property etc will be assigned to her in the will etc and that he sent her enough money so that she could live until she can get the properties. I also believe that it is a great thing for us that he didn't get that suite at the Ogden....

His estate will be sued and left penniless. The heirs will receive nothing.

Comments

Dan Druff: correct... 0.0% this guy's estate will be left with anything

OldHoster: I don't know about that, if he had a life insurance policy that was mature, and if they were married she gets half before they get theirs because she didn't do anything. IMNAL but know a few people that have been through almost exactly this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think it was done in semi-haste. That is, he may have decided to do it in August, rather than something like February.

He clearly put plenty of time and planning into it, and it appears he sent his girlfriend away and shipped $100k to her (or someone else) in her country of origin.

(Her sister claims that he just surprised her with a ticket at the last minute, which I believe.)

If the $100k he sent weren't his last cash funds, then he probably sent the max he could without believing he would arouse suspicion (though $100k is quite a lot to send, too).

I believe that the walker he sent his mom in September was his final way of taking care of her, and figured that his brother (who lived much closer to her) would do the rest.

Thread Information