Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Freeroll: Guess where Amazon’s HQ2 will go

Silver
    Load Metric
    Goodpoop in the drivers seat here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...54e_story.html

Load Metric
    no idea what roles they expect to staff on-site in northern virginia.

none.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    ashburn is actually a major network hub but thats way the fuck east.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric
    Well this is surprising; guess Amazon is trying to milk these tax incentives as much as possible.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-...ies-1541446552

Also looking like it’ll be a Plop prop chop.

^Article says they’re dividing HQ2 into HQ2 and HQ3
    Last edited by Sheesfaced; 11-06-2018 at 04:53 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Well this is surprising; guess Amazon is trying to milk these tax incentives as much as possible.

Forum Wars - NYC

So do I get the full $50 or just $25?

Report: Amazon picks New York and Northern Virginia for HQ2

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/12/tech/...nia/index.html

Load Metric
    Literally LOL at thinking I'm gonna pay out a freeroll when I'm not even active on this site anymore. Good luck collecting.

:rolled

Comments

Sheesfaced: HOF

JACKDANIELS: Got Him

sonatine: keeping it 100

Forum Wars: Awesome. "Pay dat man his money" meme not applicable

badguy23: I didnt mean to red rep u in the china thread Offset.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

More like PLOP Prop chop shop amirite?

Load Metric
    So glad they didn't drag more hipster libtards to Austin.

And being half right on a bet isn't actually being right. At most I would pay half.

Load Metric
    In the end PLO is a stand up guy and shipped me the $25. I am thinking of a contest to pay it forward. It will now consume my existence.

Load Metric
    the Long Island City neighborhood of Queens
    honestly i thought kelly being thrown out of the white house by an eastern euro immigrant prostitute was the most insane thing i was going to read today.

serves me right i guess.

shout out to the L train vanishing this spring which is going to put the torch to this entire endeavor.

Load Metric
    LIC OUT! People got hoosed
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    my friends in queens are stoked that the deal is dead but imo they are kinda taking the short view here; nyc needs infrastructure upgrades and they arent going to get them if they shun deals like this because 'gentrification' etc.

Load Metric
    REVEALED: Amazon pays NOTHING in federal corporate taxes for the second year running despite doubling its profits to more than $11billion

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ate-taxes.html

Amazon federal tax rate was -1% last year.

I know LLC's and "S" Corporation's pay zero federal taxes.

They are supposed to be used only by small companies not overly abused by major corporations to completely avoid taxes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    REVEALED: Amazon pays NOTHING in federal corporate taxes for the second year running despite doubling its profits to more than $11billion

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ate-taxes.html

Amazon federal tax rate was -1% last year.

I know LLC's and "S" Corporation's pay zero federal taxes.

They are supposed to be used only by small companies not overly abused by major corporations to completely avoid taxes.

The ability to use LLCs to pass through tax liability expanded greatly over the past few decades with business groups lobbying state governments to expand their corporate lives and who can form them. As such, it is now common for regular for-profit corporations as parent companies, which *are* subject to federal income tax, to organize some (and possible all) of their subsidiaries as LLCs. Such a structure helps corps avoid the economically onerous double corporate taxation problem, whereby subsidiaries’ earnings are effectively taxed twice: one as a taxable corporate subsidiary, and again at the parent corporate level.

And because the parent company, Amazon, as a normal for for-profit corp, is subject to federal income taxation including the earnings its LLCs pass through to it.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    In the end PLO is a stand up guy and shipped me the $25. I am thinking of a contest to pay it forward. It will now consume my existence.
    Send me that $25 back, you fuck
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    can someone explain why AOC isn't an absolute idiot for cheering the fact that amazon bailed on NY and the 25,000 good jobs it was bringing with it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    can someone explain why AOC isn't an absolute idiot for cheering the fact that amazon bailed on NY and the 25,000 good jobs it was bringing with it?

again my nyc friends were horrified when this was announced, it was a potential doomsday scenario for quite a few subway lines because capacity. not to mention it was near one of the last affordable neighborhoods within commuting distance and the second this was announced, rents went up like 30-60%.

and the tax breaks basically sucked any potential benefits out of the equation, of course.

otherwise amazon would have just bought a fucking building and it wouldnt have been news.

Load Metric
    Almost all of those jobs are $15 an hour, which is $600 a week ($2400 a month).

Is that good enough to get a place to live in Queens, New York?

America has lost a lot of jobs to Mexico.

Mexico lost a lot of jobs to China.

And now China is losing a lot of jobs to Vietnam.

It won't be long before Jeff Bezos and Amazon open a global headquarters in Vietnam.

Fuck America, Fuck Mexico and Fuck China.

Hello Vietnam.

America's number #1 trading partner.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Almost all of those jobs are $15 an hour

where did you hear that?

my understanding was that the overwhelming majority were all tech/sales/PM positions in the 115k starting base range.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

again my nyc friends were horrified when this was announced, it was a potential doomsday scenario for quite a few subway lines because capacity. not to mention it was near one of the last affordable neighborhoods within commuting distance and the second this was announced, rents went up like 30-60%.

and the tax breaks basically sucked any potential benefits out of the equation, of course.

otherwise amazon would have just bought a fucking building and it wouldnt have been news.
    I would have thought that because of all those development deals that have been signed in the billions of dollars that there was no chance in hell of this being revoked. Wow, just wow. All those jobs vanishing.

Tine, the only people that were upset, were the rich, like my CEO. "Send those jobs to Newark or Camden, it takes me long enough for me to get to LaGuardia as it is". He was also upset at the fact that Bezos got so many tax breaks, and he didnt get as many as he thought he should have. lolz.

Fuck, I was hoping to scope out all the new college twink and jock talent moving here as well as possibly trying to finagle a good sales job there but cie la vie.

Also, shout out to PLOL for coming back to post after like 4 years, over $25 bucks.

Thread Information