you make the call: stars sunday million on bubble

blinds 500-1000

bubble could burst in 5-10 hands

utg shoves all in w/ just over 10bb

utg+2 repops all in 30k

folded to me w/ 20k chips...in seat five look down and see QQ

what's your move?
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Banned
    Load Metric
    GII you nit

Load Metric
    Had the exact same hand QQ in a VIP tournament at Wynn in August. Ten players left, nine make the money. I folded. A-K and 5-5. A-K was chip leader and raised 2.5 I called but was getting short and either had to hit or fold and hope someone else busted before the button returned to me. 5-5 went all in which A-K called and so did I. Flop 5 A 8. A-K raises all in. I fold and 5-5 calls all in with what he had left. Turn brings the Q. I would have been chip leader and tripled up. First prize roughly $140k. Ninth prize $5k. B/c it was a VIP event there were lots of bad players and wanted to wait. But blinds by this point were screaming as they just wanted us to finish and go back to the pits.

Thoughts, opinions, praise, condemnation?
    Last edited by Tellafriend; 09-22-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    blinds 500-1000

utg+2 repops all in 30k

what's your move?
    not a tourney expert by any means, but i think in this exact spot since you're so close to cashing you're supposed to fold to cash as fucked up as it sounds...especially since you have 20bb and you're a lock to cash...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Had the exact same hand QQ in a VIP tournament at Wynn in August. Ten players left, nine make the money. I folded. A-K and 5-5. A-K was chip leader and raised 2.5 I called but was getting short and either had to hit or fold and hope someone else busted before the button returned to me. 5-5 went all in which A-K called and so did I. Flop 5 A 8. A-K raises all in. I fold and 5-5 calls all in with what he had left. Turn brings the Q. I would have been chip leader and tripled up. First prize roughly $140k. Ninth prize $5k. B/c it was a VIP event there were lots of bad players and wanted to wait. But blinds by this point were screaming as they just wanted us to finish and go back to the pits.

Thoughts, opinions, praise, condemnation?
    I think if you are the shortest stack think you're supposed to rip it in especially if it's some hyper turbo structure...mulva's spot is different than yours in that he's guaranteed a cash by folding...if you're the short stack in a hyper you're probably not going to be able to fold your way into the money so it forces you to gamble and QQ aint' too damn bad...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fold to cash....

That late in the tournament, I wouldn't call a raise in that position..

Definitely has A,K....KK .... HE WOULD OF JUST CALLED AND SEE THE FLOP if he didn't have something spetacular.

very rare to try to steal blinds from short stack on the bubble.... Too risky...

After bubble it's a different game...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd lean strongly towards folding JJ here after the guy isolates but not QQ.

Their are exceptions such as if the guy isolating is a extreme nit then you can think about the hero fold but otherwise if he is solid he realizes shorty can't bust him and someone needs a premium to call so it's about if he feels his range is crushing the smaller stack that shoved.

You get those feelings by table observation and experience as far as how much a min cash means to someone.

If I see a player like thespartan (based on what he said) I coming after his blinds if I'm in the right position with the right stack setups to do it on the bubble.

Comments

thesparten: I agreed with this untill I read shizzmoney,s post.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    blinds 500-1000

utg+2 repops all in 30k

what's your move?
    fold online, call live lol

Comments

thesparten: Agreed
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    blinds 500-1000

utg+2 repops all in 30k

what's your move?
    fold online, call live lol
    i folded.

was going to call BUT once the second person entered the pot i did not.

his UTG range had to be mid pair to big A. more so inclined to think big A. easy to eliminate AX or just 2 overs as much as you want to hope for that. possible JJ but you're looking for reasons you'll lose here.

UTG+2 gets tricky. he could isolate with a possible bigger range thinking that OR has a bigger range, but I don't see it. this all in has to be AK, QQ, JJ

just the mere thought of trying to avoid an A or a K was enough to get me to fold. It's hard enough to avoid one of those cards. there's also a possibility that one of these players has AA or KK ..even though they prolly don't

i folded and added greenbacks into my wallet but not because of the hand.......UTG turns over 77....UTG+2 turns over AJ J comes on turn
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Thread Information