Thread: PFA music makers - FL studio

Load Metric

PFA music makers - FL studio

Is flstudio the defacto software required for self-producing music? For someone just starting out would sending them to LMMS or some other tool just slow their progress?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    FL is more for doing beats, particularly trap-style. Ableton is very popular for broad stroke entry into production. Logic & Cubase are considered prosumer and better. Personally I fuck with Nuendo.

Comments

Deal: ty sir
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Actually I phrased that badly, FL is embraced first and foremost by beatmakers as a production platform, you can accomplish much more than that in it tho of course.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Thanks, so many options He has used FL but not a licensed version. I noticed Reaper as another option more within his price range. These are all new to me. I read the feature list much like an ingredient list for East Asian food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    What genre of music? What percent recorded analog audio vs digital triggers and such?

Also and this should be obvious but just in case, if he has a familiar work flow with FL, he should stick with FL. All the Traplanta fags use it. Like literally all of them. So its an established known entity with a ton of actively maintained documentation/support forums.

Thread Information