Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HORRIBLE MOVIES THAT YOU WATCHED ALL THE WAY

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Off the top of my head I sat completely through and had no problems with Gigli and Showgirls.

Not my favorite movies of all time, but I had no complaints. Showgirls I have actually seen several times, due completely to the fact I had a crush on Gina Gershon. Not a classic beauty, but she had this real sensual quality that was a turn on.
    Gina Gershon had the look that lesbians were totally into (she had some similarities to Angelina Jolie), and in fact played bisexuals/lesbians in a few movies.

However, unlike many women in Hollywood, she was actually straight. She even said in an interview that she "wished she was lesbian", but wasn't at all.

She must have been pretty good at her job, because for years I believed she really was a lesbian.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This was really bad and hard to follow, and I hated it especially because I was a big fan of the original series.

The two stars had no chemistry, the story was a bad ripoff of the "Smugglers Blues" episode from the '80s, and the supporting characters were cardboard and boring, rather than quirky and interesting like they were in the original.

The setting was depressing, and in fact took place largely outside of Miami. The original series had a colorful, eye-popping setting which evoked instant imagery of the hedonistic lifestyle of 1980s Miami Beach.

Basically this movie extracted everything which was good and fun about the original series.

Even the end song -- a horrible cover of Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" by a band aptly named Nonpoint, finished the movie off with a thud.
    I normally can make it through these kind of movies even if they are horrible. Couldn't make it through this one.

I forced myself to make it through because I kept hoping it would get better.

I couldn't believe that Michael Mann put forth this piece of shit, since he created the original Miami Vice, and in fact was the creative force behind what was great about it, before Dick Wolf somewhat ruined it in later seasons.

Unfortunately, sometimes "artists" like Mann grow to resent their older, beloved material, and feel they have to distance themselves from it in order to validate their continued ability to innovate.

Classic case of "change for the sake of change", which has ruined many products, movies, and TV shows over the years.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I heard Gigli was legitimately terrible, I didn't see it.

Showgirls was very cheesy, but at least it had a certain sleazy charm to it.

Surprisingly, writer Joe Ezterhas was actually otherwise competent. He wrote the very well-received Basic Instinct (and was absent from the horrible sequel), and was also the co-writer of the beloved 1980s "Flashdance".

I think Ezterhas was too encouraged by the reaction to Basic Instinct, thought to himself, "Oh, wow, I write something sexy and everyone loves it! Now I'm gonna step it up!", and then wrote a piece of garbage.

Load Metric
    Just saw this on MSN & thought of this thread. These are the 19 movies over the last 30 years that received an F review from audiences.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainme...id=mailsignout

How many of these has anyone seen from start to finish? Personally, I haven't seen any of them.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Off the top of my head I sat completely through and had no problems with Gigli and Showgirls.

Not my favorite movies of all time, but I had no complaints. Showgirls I have actually seen several times, due completely to the fact I had a crush on Gina Gershon. Not a classic beauty, but she had this real sensual quality that was a turn on.
    Showgirls was okay. Definitely not academy award worthy but okay. Gina Gershon & Elizabeth Berkley were both pretty fuckable.

Haven't seen Gigli.

A movie I will always stop to watch if I see it while channel surfing is:

Sam Rami's western classic.

have this in my collection. the only Rami movie i want and can't find is Crimewave.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Showgirls was okay. Definitely not academy award worthy but okay. Gina Gershon & Elizabeth Berkley were both pretty fuckable.

Haven't seen Gigli.

A movie I will always stop to watch if I see it while channel surfing is:

have this in my collection. the only Rami movie i want and can't find is Crimewave.
    It was a tough find

https://www.amazon.com/Crimewave-Blu...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Also use druffs affiliate.

Remember shop smart, shop s-mart.

Load Metric
    The Princess Bride

im not sure if this is considered a horrible movie but i may have watched it multiple times all the way through, some great actors and notable names..... Andre the Giant, Peter Falk, Mandy Patinken, Robin Wright, Wallis Shawn.

all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    The Princess Bride

im not sure if this is considered a horrible movie but i may have watched it multiple times all the way through, some great actors and notable names..... Andre the Giant, Peter Falk, Mandy Patinken, Robin Wright, Wallis Shawn.

Rest easy Baron, The Princess Bride doesn't qualify for this thread.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

It was a tough find

that's a re-issue. I collect dvd's. its different. but thank you for helping. I've used amazon a few times.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

It was a tough find

that's a re-issue. I collect dvd's. its different. but thank you for helping. I've used amazon a few times.

Comments

LarryLaffer: lame

Mintjewlips: I'll allow it

Load Metric
    Re: Toxic Avenger/TROMA movies in general

Those are made to be horrible, as their 100% B-Movie status. Shit, some of them are worse than B movies, they're considered Z movies.

So those really shouldn't be here because those are made to be terrible and they do such a good job at it that it's actually an art.

for all the jokes about me riding a bike around here i'm surprised it took that long for that clip to surface.

(they used a watermelon for the kids head)

Comments

lewfather: No shit it's lame, look at the thread title. :facepalm

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Name:  p10247_p_v8_ac.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  233.0 KB

Not part of my actual collection but was on Netflix so of course I have to watch it bc the blonde haired chick (who was in a few other 80's teen rompers that made the rounds on HBO in the 90's when igrew up) is a babe.

runner up goes to this masterpiece..

Name:  p10420_p_v8_aa.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  279.7 KB

It really can't get worse than Jon Cryer (who i consider to be the "poor man's" Matthew Broderick) and Keith Coogan, so this train wreck is also fuckin' hard to turn off when it appears on tv or on netflix.

Comments

Tellafriend: Can't buy me love was a great flick

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric
    I don't know where to put this but it definitely does not deserve its own thread.

John Travolta as John Gotti and Kevin Connelly directing? This will absolutely be a bomb and it looks like a weird variation remake of HBO's Gotti. Which had a much more believable Armand Assante as Gotti.

Comments

Mintjewlips: Armand Assante is GOD, but horrible as gotti, still watched it
    Last edited by lewfather; 09-30-2017 at 02:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I haven't watched it since the '80s, but I liked "Hiding Out" as a teenager.

However, upon thinking about it, the film did contain a totally inappropriate romantic connection between a high school girl and Jon Cryer's adult character (who was pretending to be a high school student, but was still supposed to be at least in his mid-20s).

I think this was a movie which was better appreciated by a 15-year-old than an adult, so maybe I shouldn't watch it again.

Amanda Peterson (the female lead in "Can't Buy Me Love") died in 2015, just short of her 44th birthday.

In both movies, the female lead playing a 16-year-old was actually 16, which was somewhat unusual. Often roles of teenagers 16 and over went to adults in their early 20s.

Load Metric
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mo_money/

Name:  MoMoney-Poster.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  34.9 KB

I have actually watched this multiple times, still a soft spot for it and Damon Wayans. I remember plenty of these types of movies from around the early 90's, movies that start out light-hearted and funny, and inexplicably try to become a crime drama/action movie in the 3rd act.

Comments

Mintjewlips: Mo money mo money MO MONEY!

Load Metric
    About 25 yrs ago or so, I watched some shitty movie called, "STREETS", just to see Christina Applegate's tits.

After 95% of the movie, we got a decent shot of them. Wasn't worth the investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Load Metric
    Name:  1B60FE1C-9AD3-4B10-AED4-657A8B25E830.jpeg
Views: 172
Size:  187.5 KB

Load Metric
    Re: Toxic Avenger/TROMA movies in general

Those are made to be horrible, as their 100% B-Movie status. Shit, some of them are worse than B movies, they're considered Z movies.

So those really shouldn't be here because those are made to be terrible and they do such a good job at it that it's actually an art.

for all the jokes about me riding a bike around here i'm surprised it took that long for that clip to surface.

(they used a watermelon for the kids head)
    you my nigga larry, but this shit makes no sense

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    twister

Load Metric
    Book people say all the time "wow that movie sucked compared to the book". Well I just stumbled into the modern day version of that complaint.

I stumbled through Assasins Creed the movie yesterday...... as someone who played the original video game Jesus fucking Christ what a train wreck.

Thread Information