Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Narcos 4

Load Metric
    I'm waiting to see if Mulva says it's faggot or not

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I gave the show a pretty harsh review without watching it. I just watched season one on a binge.
    I did like it. It's good entertainment. The subject matter bothers me in the fact that it glorifies the horrible when innocents have suffered and still do. I don't know if I'll watch much more because I kind of know the story

I'd like to see a real historic version in a documentary

That Michael Pena dude has a perpetually dumb look on his face. Could easily do without him

Load Metric
    so anyone else having serious issues with the subtitles? i only see 75% of them. it's infuriating

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I thought you were a Mexican Jew?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    so anyone else having serious issues with the subtitles? i only see 75% of them. it's infuriating

weird, i absolutely did not have this issue.

i tried to work in a 'blake eats bat soup' joke here a few different ways and they didnt stick so im just going to give up on it for now.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    So I’m done with season 2. I’ll hold off on any major comments for a while.

Solid content but not a good as the first 4 seasons.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

i definitely have some complaints as well.

- it felt drawn out, lotta filler. and not like good, tense, pacing filler. there were a lot of just 'this isnt what im here for' moments.

- i was never really sure when anything was taking place because of course it basically jumps back halfway into the original columbia narcos series when pablo was still alive. so the timeline was super weird to me.

- lots of genuinely bad gunfight choreography.

- lotta 'yeah so im guessing that totally didnt happen' moments which is lame considering how much incredible shit did actually happen.

honestly im very glad it exists and i had a great time watching it but the whole thing feels like a teaser for whats coming, which is going to be Sicario grade ultraviolence on an absolutely unimaginable scale. and im fucking hear for that.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    LOL,
    I'd say 0, especially NOW that he hates De Niro, only because he makes fun of the President.
    Seriously, how would it be possible to be more of a snowflake than that?

And as the show being exciting enough or not, this is based on a true story, so if they stuck to the truth, I'm ok w/less action.
    Recreations are cool like the 1st scene in Saving Private Ryan, but I don't really even like action scenes anymore, as they are all fake.
    I like intrigue of shows like that, so I'd have more of a problem if they made it exciting just for the Dick flick guys.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

i definitely have some complaints as well.

- it felt drawn out, lotta filler. and not like good, tense, pacing filler. there were a lot of just 'this isnt what im here for' moments.

- i was never really sure when anything was taking place because of course it basically jumps back halfway into the original columbia narcos series when pablo was still alive. so the timeline was super weird to me.

- lots of genuinely bad gunfight choreography.

- lotta 'yeah so im guessing that totally didnt happen' moments which is lame considering how much incredible shit did actually happen.

honestly im very glad it exists and i had a great time watching it but the whole thing feels like a teaser for whats coming, which is going to be Sicario grade ultraviolence on an absolutely unimaginable scale. and im fucking hear for that.

Yeah if you squint a little bit you can see where the show runners said “slow it the fuck down..... get Acosta a girlfriend and waste an episode or two..... we don’t want to get to El Chapo this season”.

Comments

sonatine: bingoooooooo

Load Metric
    like i get that we wanted to over-humanize these people to help contrast the mass psychosis thats on its way but uuuuuugggggggggh.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    pretty sure i watched season 1 which was top, top...but it got pretty faggy quickly after that...dunno if it was after 2 or 2. i'm sure season 4 is as gay as ur avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    LOL,
    I'd say 0, especially NOW that he hates De Niro, only because he makes fun of the President.

And as the show being exciting enough or not, this is based on a true story, so if they stuck to the truth, I'm ok w/less action.
    Recreations are cool like the 1st scene in Saving Private Ryan, but I don't really even like action scenes anymore, as they are all fake.
    I like intrigue of shows like that, so I'd have more of a problem if they made it exciting just for the Dick flick guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    LOL,

Ok, but what does Fox News say about all of this?

I'm assuming it was a typo that you forgot to mention this so I'm curious of your Foxesque opinion.

Load Metric
    whatever you want to call this im going with unequivocal success theres been no other show where its like episode 5 and im like DONT GOOGLE SHIT CUZ SPOILERS

also any and all scoot mcnairy is fire

Load Metric
    also they got my note and they toned down his pants leg tapering to appropriate 80s era shit

Thread Information