Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff playing $100/$200 limit holdem on Stones Live Poker stream 9/18/2017 7pm PDT Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Druff playing $100/$200 limit holdem on Stones Live Poker stream 9/18/2017 7pm PDT Thread

Last month, Suicide King brought the Stones Live Poker game to my attention. It's basically a clone of Live at the Bike, except it takes place in the Sacramento area.

Occasionally they run a $100/$200 limit holdem game -- a game which otherwise doesn't run there.

It has been an "action" game on previous streams, so I decided to take a shot and join it. It's a very long drive (over 400 miles each way), but :whynot

I am scheduled for the game taking place at 7:00pm PDT on Monday, September 18th, 2017.

You can watch the stream here: http://www.stonesgamblinghall.com/stones-live/

This will be my first time on a live poker stream in over 6 years. I appeared on Live at the Bike in May 2011, playing $40/$80 limit holdem. That was the broadcast where I infamously ate several large plates of food, and announcer Bart Hanson was tricked by a troll into announcing that I was a former champion of "Man Versus Food".

Comments

JSTAT: The 6 hour drive gives you time to focus. Think perfect play!

Suicide King: So exciting

IamGreek: run pure

FPS_Russia: Gl could be interesting

Deal: Wrong forum

HoodedN: Don't look like an idiot Dan gl

YUUP: Will set the alarm, hope you smash it

BeerAndPoker: o/u line plates of food is set at 5.5

Ricky: hope you win big, gl

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Last month, Suicide King brought the Stones Live Poker game to my attention. It's basically a clone of Live at the Bike, except it takes place in the Sacramento area.

Occasionally they run a $100/$200 limit holdem game -- a game which otherwise doesn't run there.

It has been an "action" game on previous streams, so I decided to take a shot and join it. It's a long drive, but :whynot

I am scheduled for the game taking place at 7:00pm PDT on Monday, September 18th, 2017.

This will be my first time on a live poker stream in over 6 years. I appeared on Live at the Bike in May 2011, playing $40/$80 limit holdem. That was the broadcast where I infamously ate several large plates of food, and announcer Bart Hanson was tricked by troll into announcing that I was a former champion of "Man Versus Food".
    Beauty. Being serious here, I can't think of anything poker related I'd rather watch. Is there live chat and how would I take a short position on this game?

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Bart Hanson is a god.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    If you win I expect a finder's fee. If you lose, you're a grown man who makes his own decisions. No fault of mine.

Comments

WillieMcFML: lul

GrenadaRoger: oh to be a fly on the wall for that meeting

JMM:

gimmick:

Load Metric

Smile

Take it down

Comments

Deal: obv this

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    If you win I expect a finder's fee. If you lose, you're a grown man who makes his own decisions. No fault of mine.

Who knew Suicide King was a Jew.

Comments

LarryLaffer: who knew right?

FPS_Russia: Laffer don't be mad, surely he would of given you a hard hat to protect you from the occasional bump in to the steering wheel. Red for being racist obv.

Load Metric
    it's not like you could play any worse than OSA

Comments

OSA: You know what? Fuck you. How you like that

Silver
    Load Metric
    Perhaps you could arrange to take Marty's mother out
    For dinner?

Load Metric
    Druff are you going to drive in that day? I suggest the night before so you are rested. Or even fly there.
    HILLARY WON

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    How far north is the Northern Cali guy? A tr of your first bong rips would be hof

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Bart Hanson is a god.
    IAPT owned his ass on this forum. Then grew bored

Plus he posted his Rousy Holm fight props & picks then proceeded to smash for 6 figures and documented all. Much more shenanigans.

Hanson... not so much.

Smash them Druff.

Edit
    Couldn't figure out why anyone would breath Hanson's name. He might be a host?

I should point out to those that missed it ... IAPT is my shorthand for IAmProfessionalTalk on these fine forums

Ironic huh?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-16-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    May your cards be live and your plates be monsters.

Load Metric

It has been an "action" game on previous streams, so I decided to take a shot and join it. It's a very long drive (over 400 miles each way), but :whynot

This will be my first time on a live poker stream in over 6 years. I appeared on Live at the Bike in May 2011, playing $40/$80 limit holdem. That was the broadcast where I infamously ate several large plates of food, and announcer Bart Hanson was tricked by a troll into announcing that I was a former champion of "Man Versus Food".
    I had nothing to do with that.

Comments

Dan Druff: lolz
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Druff are you going to drive in that day? I suggest the night before so you are rested. Or even fly there.
    Night before. I considered being a Jew and doing it same day to save on a hotel room, but decided that wasn't a wise decision given the stakes of the game.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Bart Hanson is a god.
    IAPT owned his ass on this forum. Then grew bored

Plus he posted his Rousy Holm fight props & picks then proceeded to smash for 6 figures and documented all. Much more shenanigans.

Hanson... not so much.

Smash them Druff.

Edit
    Couldn't figure out why anyone would breath Hanson's name. He might be a host?

I should point out to those that missed it ... IAPT is my shorthand for IAmProfessionalTalk on these fine forums

Ironic huh?
    Not exactly what happened.

IamProfessionalTalk was a very good poster, and I was saddened when he left.

With that said, I didn't understand his attacks on Bart.

I tried to give him a chance to explain his grievance or criticism. If he had a real, verifiable (or likely to be true) issue to be attacking Hanson, definitely this was the forum for it.

However, I never found any clarity in his accusations. Mostly just unsubstantiated accusations like, "Bart has a huge gambling problem and uses BS training videos to fund that", but I didn't even see where that was relevant. On the whole, people seem happy with the quality of Hanson's training videos. What he does with his money in his personal life isn't an issue. I don't care if my poker trainer is a huge degen or horrible with money. I just care if he teaches me well. So even if the accusations against Hansen regarding gambling were true, it was irrelevant.

It just seemed like, for whatever reason, IAPT really hated Bart. He did seem to know a lot about Bart, and even knew khalwat's full name. At some point in the past, he developed a grievance against Bart. Maybe Bart just really rubbed him the wrong way, and he just grew to hate the guy. I don't know.

If you go back and look at the thread, I gave every opportunity for IAPT to present his case, but we didn't get much.

Then IAPT abruptly left. I think he was angry at me for shooting down his criticisms of Bart. I was sad to see that, as he was definitely an asset to the forum, but what could I do? I gave my honest opinion.

Load Metric
    Good luck Druff!

Load Metric
    I like the line set at 5.5 plates of food but before I try finding this bet on bovada, I must ask is the food free?
    -Allergic to the struggle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I actually don't know the food situation there.

If it's free, yes, there will be plates ordered.

Comments

4BET: Over is a lock if free

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Any link to Druff's LAB?

Wayback link doesn't work.

Name:  05_27_11a.png
Views: 534
Size:  190.3 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Night before. I considered being a Jew and doing it same day to save on a hotel room, but decided that wasn't a wise decision given the stakes of the game.
    If you're driving up from Southern Ca hit up the Harris Ranch in Coalinga for some tri tip to go. Helps get through that last 100+ miles and good luck.

Thread Information