Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff playing $100/$200 limit holdem on Stones Live Poker stream 9/18/2017 7pm PDT Thread

Load Metric
    Tuned in for 45 minutes when you had around 14bb

Saw you play a grand total of ONE hand

Would not repeat

Ghey

Comments

drufdajewgod: It was like go fish with 0 trash talk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Load Metric
    so highlight of the game is todge eating fries with his hands rofl

Comments

drufdajewgod: it was alot more boring than i thought it was going to be

Load Metric
    seriously tho use a fork ya filthy animal

Load Metric
    simmer down jacks

Load Metric
    i shall not

Comments

Crowe Diddly: simmering UP rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The food consumed:

- 10 ounce steak
    - French fries
    - 12 inch pepperoni pizza
    - Donuts with raspberry and chocolate sauces

Not Live at the Bike worthy, but not bad.

I am going to hang out with a Sac-area friend today (not someone from poker), and then do the long drive back.
    I had the misfortune of the stream opening with you eyeing the fries. At least it was quick. But ya he folds?
    That's limit for ya, not even the announcers knew what to say............................................... .. about anything

wait, I just saw donuts with strawberry sauce and you have the nerve to talk about blood pressure

Load Metric
    altho i guess todges immune system could do with the boost before winter comes

Comments

Kuntmissioner: ROFL

Load Metric
    maybe he should shake hands with a few hobos before he leaves town lol

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I kept skipping ahead hand to hand because just wanted to see the hands todd played. Todds chip count kept changing without him even playing a hand i didnt get that. Anyway it was like watching paint dry Todd barely played a hand, and i missed the part of him eating. Overall i feel pretty ripped off. Limit is just too damn straight forward,a run good contest and anti climactic to be a tv friendly game imo.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    Limit is just too damn straight forward,a run good contest
    Your welcome in my games anytime

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    Limit is just too damn straight forward,a run good contest
    Your welcome in my games anytime
    I dont play anymore China, I have like a real life now. You are the man at limit though, i already know that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

IAPT owned his ass on this forum. Then grew bored

Plus he posted his Rousy Holm fight props & picks then proceeded to smash for 6 figures and documented all. Much more shenanigans.

Hanson... not so much.

Smash them Druff.

Edit
    Couldn't figure out why anyone would breath Hanson's name. He might be a host?

I should point out to those that missed it ... IAPT is my shorthand for IAmProfessionalTalk on these fine forums

Ironic huh?
    Not exactly what happened.

IamProfessionalTalk was a very good poster, and I was saddened when he left.

With that said, I didn't understand his attacks on Bart.

I tried to give him a chance to explain his grievance or criticism. If he had a real, verifiable (or likely to be true) issue to be attacking Hanson, definitely this was the forum for it.

However, I never found any clarity in his accusations. Mostly just unsubstantiated accusations like, "Bart has a huge gambling problem and uses BS training videos to fund that", but I didn't even see where that was relevant. On the whole, people seem happy with the quality of Hanson's training videos. What he does with his money in his personal life isn't an issue. I don't care if my poker trainer is a huge degen or horrible with money. I just care if he teaches me well. So even if the accusations against Hansen regarding gambling were true, it was irrelevant.

It just seemed like, for whatever reason, IAPT really hated Bart. He did seem to know a lot about Bart, and even knew khalwat's full name. At some point in the past, he developed a grievance against Bart. Maybe Bart just really rubbed him the wrong way, and he just grew to hate the guy. I don't know.

If you go back and look at the thread, I gave every opportunity for IAPT to present his case, but we didn't get much.

Then IAPT abruptly left. I think he was angry at me for shooting down his criticisms of Bart. I was sad to see that, as he was definitely an asset to the forum, but what could I do? I gave my honest opinion.
    Reaching out to IAPT and 4dragons would be a hell of a start to adding quality to this site. Eliminating cancer like larry and fpsrussia might not be so bad either.

Im pretty sure theres a few posters here that know who IAPT is IRL or are still in contact with him. All due respect to Daly, IAPT is GOD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    All the complaints of the finger foods it would have been funny if Druff didn't bother cutting the steak and picked it up with his hands chewing off it.

Comments

Indyrick: lol

Load Metric
    I got a couple of terryfold flaps, guys.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post

Not exactly what happened.

IamProfessionalTalk was a very good poster, and I was saddened when he left.

With that said, I didn't understand his attacks on Bart.

I tried to give him a chance to explain his grievance or criticism. If he had a real, verifiable (or likely to be true) issue to be attacking Hanson, definitely this was the forum for it.

However, I never found any clarity in his accusations. Mostly just unsubstantiated accusations like, "Bart has a huge gambling problem and uses BS training videos to fund that", but I didn't even see where that was relevant. On the whole, people seem happy with the quality of Hanson's training videos. What he does with his money in his personal life isn't an issue. I don't care if my poker trainer is a huge degen or horrible with money. I just care if he teaches me well. So even if the accusations against Hansen regarding gambling were true, it was irrelevant.

It just seemed like, for whatever reason, IAPT really hated Bart. He did seem to know a lot about Bart, and even knew khalwat's full name. At some point in the past, he developed a grievance against Bart. Maybe Bart just really rubbed him the wrong way, and he just grew to hate the guy. I don't know.

If you go back and look at the thread, I gave every opportunity for IAPT to present his case, but we didn't get much.

Then IAPT abruptly left. I think he was angry at me for shooting down his criticisms of Bart. I was sad to see that, as he was definitely an asset to the forum, but what could I do? I gave my honest opinion.
    Reaching out to IAPT and 4dragons would be a hell of a start to adding quality to this site. Eliminating cancer like larry and fpsrussia might not be so bad either.

Im pretty sure theres a few posters here that know who IAPT is IRL or are still in contact with him. All due respect to Daly, IAPT is GOD.
    I don't think 4Dragons left because of unhappiness with the forum. I will just leave it at that. I could be wrong, but that's what I think is the case.

If someone would like to get IAPT in contact with me so we can discuss things, I will be happy to do so.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Regarding the french fries: I don't want this thread to turn into a stupid discussion of that. I'm not eating fries with a fork. The colds I get are usually unrelated to things like this, because most of my colds seem to either come from random life circumstances or from Vegas. In Vegas, I don't usually eat at the table because the food isn't free. I will usually take a short break, wash my hands, eat, then wash my hands again, and return to the table. If I do come down with a cold 2-3 days from when I played this game, I will give credit to the french fries.
    How about common courtesy to the rest of the people at the table? Nobody, literally NOBODY (the real literally, not the figurative literally) wants to play cards with someone eating finger food, especially something like french fries.

Otherwise, was a fun watch.
    I always wipe my hands before touching the cards. I didn't get any grease on them.

That does remind me of something else, though. I kept finding little pieces of a dirt-like substance stuck to the outside of the cards. I don't think someone was marking them, but it could have been used for nefarious purposes. Every time I found this, I scratched the dirt off. I didn't bother to say anything because I was afraid the shuffler was doing it, and I didn't want the (already short) game stopping, and I also didn't want others noticing and taking advantage of it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Would you play in the game again?
    I would if I was closer to it. However, the game isn't so good that it would be worth driving all that distance again.

I also wonder how much longer they are going to continue streaming this 100-200 limit game. This is only the 2nd time, and I have to imagine that nobody likes it very much, especially since the commentators aren't limit players, and aren't really providing thoughtful analysis from an expert standpoint.

Speaking of the commentators, I spoke to them at the end, and asked if they were exasperated by the PFA trolls. They said that they actually found it to be funny, and finally figured out toward the end that the chat room was trying to mislead them and get them to say stupid things on the air.

I was also told that one of the stream-watching regulars was perplexed as to what was going on, and asked, "What does this Dan Druff guy have such a huge fan base?"

Load Metric
    I'll say this much, that game isnt going to get better. The Bay 101 grinders are going to sink their teeth into it fast.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I'll say this much, that game isnt going to get better. The Bay 101 grinders are going to sink their teeth into it fast.
    The first time I saw this it looked like a dream set up for Todgers. A lot of tourney regs that just wouldn't have real limit experience. Obviously the secret got out quick. Side note in heading to thunder valley on Saturday to play the wsop circuit main event.

Comments

sonatine: godspeed, destroy all humans

IamGreek: run pure Sir

Thread Information