Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 09/14/2017 *** $68 FREEROLL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    druff. i won $38 last week. please add $18 to this weeks free roll and ship me a $20 spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Regarding the "thankless job" thing, I will talk about it more on radio.

No, I'm not considering shutting down the forum.

But I do notice a marked difference between the radio listening crowd (constant messages of gratitude, even from those with critical things to say) and the forum crowd.

And I actually like the forum crowd a lot, which is why I am not considering shutting this down. But I do find it irritating that some people here have an entitled attitude and/or derive pleasure from trying to get me pissed/frustrated. I realize that some of this comes with running a mostly-free-speech forum such as this one, but the negativity I get from the forum members tends to greatly exceed the positvity. That tends to grate on my nerves over time.

If this were a profitable business, I would dismiss these issues as just challenges of running a successful business, but it's more irritating in that I'm providing this for free, so therefore I want to derive pleasure from it.

I do very much appreciate the people who contribute regular content to the forum, as well as those who donate time/money to freerolls, contests, etc. I think that part is really cool.

As soon as this Larry/Kilgore thing came up, I was dreading dealing with it, because I knew it would create drama and anger, and I knew some people were going to hate the decision I made about the matter.

Hi Todd,

How much does this forum cost to run a month? What would you consider as a profitable business in terms of monthly revenue?

Kind Regards,
    TMMLK

P.S. - Cleveland on a 22 in a row winning streak - I think I may of leaked a world series winner back a few months ago.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TMMLK View Post
    Regarding the "thankless job" thing, I will talk about it more on radio.

No, I'm not considering shutting down the forum.

But I do notice a marked difference between the radio listening crowd (constant messages of gratitude, even from those with critical things to say) and the forum crowd.

And I actually like the forum crowd a lot, which is why I am not considering shutting this down. But I do find it irritating that some people here have an entitled attitude and/or derive pleasure from trying to get me pissed/frustrated. I realize that some of this comes with running a mostly-free-speech forum such as this one, but the negativity I get from the forum members tends to greatly exceed the positvity. That tends to grate on my nerves over time.

If this were a profitable business, I would dismiss these issues as just challenges of running a successful business, but it's more irritating in that I'm providing this for free, so therefore I want to derive pleasure from it.

I do very much appreciate the people who contribute regular content to the forum, as well as those who donate time/money to freerolls, contests, etc. I think that part is really cool.

As soon as this Larry/Kilgore thing came up, I was dreading dealing with it, because I knew it would create drama and anger, and I knew some people were going to hate the decision I made about the matter.

Hi Todd,

How much does this forum cost to run a month? What would you consider as a profitable business in terms of monthly revenue?

Kind Regards,
    TMMLK

P.S. - Cleveland on a 22 in a row winning streak - I think I may of leaked a world series winner back a few months ago.
    $50 to run, $10,000 to be profitable.....thanks for the picks TMMLK, you're amazing

Banned
    Load Metric

Cool

Todd, to think all this started over my little post on facebook where I was wrong and pulled a Steve Harvey thinking Larry's posts were better then AHoosierA's....man I was wrong and look at what i started

Comments

Fake scottyno: Know your place you FAT FUCK!

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SDouble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TMMLK View Post

Hi Todd,

Kind Regards,
    TMMLK

$50 to run, $10,000 to be profitable.....thanks for the picks TMMLK, you're amazing
    No problem sir - glad my fans went 3-0 with me this past week. I was bang on with the Chicago/Atl game in PFA Chat - Chicago should of won the game. Could this be the end of PFA (as I said on radio and the forum) is Todd perhaps going busto? Seems odd to complain about running a losing site after all these years. Especially with someone who won a bracelet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

The audience seems to universally hate the bitcoin discussions.

But if it drops a bit more, I will talk about it.
    At least mention the epic "lock" that cmoney laid down. Even though it didn't fall as much as he expected, it was still a pretty epic call. Especially because some solid bitcoin smashing news he likely had the inside scoop on came out during this period.

#TheWormholeLives
    Correction: It took a few more days than predicted, but it truly was epic.

Name:  IMG_7583.PNG
Views: 331
Size:  10.3 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    You wonder why the show's late?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    From this day forward, September 14th each year will be known as PFA Thanksgiving.

We humbly give thanks.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Weekly donkament results. This week's winner is v12cl.

Tournament=Radio Donkament
    Number=590
    BuyIn=0+0
    PrizeBonus=12000
    MultiplyBonus=No
    Entrants=36
    Late=8
    Tickets=0
    Removed=0
    Rebuys=0
    AddOns=0
    RebuyCost=0+0
    NetBonus=12000
    StopOnChop=No
    Start=2017-09-14 20:40:03
    Place36=WillieStole (0)
    Place35=droneracer (0)
    Place34=Reno (0)
    Place33=1marley1 (0)
    Place32=DOOOOM (0)
    Place31=chelsea420 (0)
    Place30=CroweDiddly (0)
    Place29=Cdub (0)
    Place28=Angelface (0)
    Place27=m-u-l-v-a (0)
    Place26=IamGreek (0)
    Place25=wrenchjockey (0)
    Place24=BINCS (0)
    Place23=SindyBPlayin (0)
    Place22=Landon_Mark (0)
    Place21=NoNameYet (0)
    Place20=ownmatusow (0)
    Place19=tradershky2 (0)
    Place18=Flipper_Fair (0)
    Place17=thaknuts (0)
    Place16=DrPeters (0)
    Place15=snowtracks (0)
    Place14=clcrew02 (0)
    Place13=KilgoreTrout (0)
    Place12=d1sposition (0)
    Place11=slipslap (0)
    Place10=Unlearn (0)
    Place9=Daniel72 (0)
    Place8=SamSnead (0)
    Place7=DiveBar_Dave (0)
    Place6=smiflorida (840)
    Place5=khalwat (960)
    Place4=Gordman (1320)
    Place3=PainlessWon (1800)
    Place2=thesidedish (2760)
    Place1=v12cl (4320)
    Stop=2017-09-14 22:32:11
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    From this day forward, September 14th each year will be known as PFA Thanksgiving.

We humbly give thanks.
    Can you tell me where that segment was in the show?

I dialed in to the beginning of the show. Druff & Khalwat are putting on a performance for an audience. The audience, having given their time, is entitled to an opinion.

Here's mine.

I have praised Khalwat in the past. Initially, I offered the notion that the kid from Connecticut went to the Connecticut School of Broadcasting. He was that good.

On the flip side, Khalwat possesses the same sort of fascination with bodily functions and his & others genitalia that you find in 10 year old boys. He's clearly attempting to be daring and risqué but it's just cringeworthy and he is relentless with this dope.

It's just tiresome, lazy and repetitive. If we were in a bar swapping stories I'd say something or roll my eyes. He's killing me. I could put up with it before but it's like "here we go again" and I finally just voted with the clicker.

Khalwat does pull some great references out of his ass. I remember tipping my cap at some surprising associations he makes.

lol wow is prolly too busy for coaching but perhaps a trial membership on Skatz would up his game. I believe it's free.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

We humbly give thanks.

I dialed in to the beginning of the show. Druff & Khalwat are putting on a performance for an audience. The audience, having given their time, is entitled to an opinion.

Here's mine.

I have praised Khalwat in the past. Initially, I offered the notion that the kid from Connecticut went to the Connecticut School of Broadcasting. He was that good.

On the flip side, Khalwat possesses the same sort of fascination with bodily functions and his & others genitalia that you find in 10 year old boys. He's clearly attempting to be daring and risqué but it's just cringeworthy and he is relentless with this dope.

It's just tiresome, lazy and repetitive. If we were in a bar swapping stories I'd say something or roll my eyes. He's killing me. I could put up with it before but it's like "here we go again" and I finally just voted with the clicker.

Khalwat does pull some great references out of his ass. I remember tipping my cap at some surprising associations he makes.

lol wow is prolly too busy for coaching but perhaps a trial membership on Skatz would up his game. I believe it's free.
    im just trying to understand here.

you're criticizing khalwat because he is a bit juvenile/schlock on the show sometimes?

yet you come here daily, and read the shit posted here.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

Here's mine.

you're criticizing khalwat because he is a bit juvenile/schlock on the show sometimes?

I do have something to say about radio vs forum but I want to listen to Druff's grievances first.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Weekly donkament results. This week's winner is v12cl.

Tournament=Radio Donkament
    Number=590
    BuyIn=0+0
    PrizeBonus=12000
    MultiplyBonus=No
    Entrants=36
    Late=8
    Tickets=0
    Removed=0
    Rebuys=0
    AddOns=0
    RebuyCost=0+0
    NetBonus=12000
    StopOnChop=No
    Start=2017-09-14 20:40:03
    Place36=WillieStole (0)
    Place35=droneracer (0)
    Place34=Reno (0)
    Place33=1marley1 (0)
    Place32=DOOOOM (0)
    Place31=chelsea420 (0)
    Place30=CroweDiddly (0)
    Place29=Cdub (0)
    Place28=Angelface (0)
    Place27=m-u-l-v-a (0)
    Place26=IamGreek (0)
    Place25=wrenchjockey (0)
    Place24=BINCS (0)
    Place23=SindyBPlayin (0)
    Place22=Landon_Mark (0)
    Place21=NoNameYet (0)
    Place20=ownmatusow (0)
    Place19=tradershky2 (0)
    Place18=Flipper_Fair (0)
    Place17=thaknuts (0)
    Place16=DrPeters (0)
    Place15=snowtracks (0)
    Place14=clcrew02 (0)
    Place13=KilgoreTrout (0)
    Place12=d1sposition (0)
    Place11=slipslap (0)
    Place10=Unlearn (0)
    Place9=Daniel72 (0)
    Place8=SamSnead (0)
    Place7=DiveBar_Dave (0)
    Place6=smiflorida (840)
    Place5=khalwat (960)
    Place4=Gordman (1320)
    Place3=PainlessWon (1800)
    Place2=thesidedish (2760)
    Place1=v12cl (4320)
    Stop=2017-09-14 22:32:11

I donate $12, win next wk

Comments

LarryLaffer: second place is the first last ricky bobby

Load Metric

I do have something to say about radio vs forum but I want to listen to Druff's grievances first.
    I dont think he aired any grievances.

this was a thanksgiving episode, not a festivus one.

Comments

MumblesBadly: On point!

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric

Fuck it. I just scrolled up and saw Druff's post.

I do check in everyday at about this time as things get slow for me now.

I have harbored this thought for a long time. It is this, the radio listeners contribute zero.zero. Not a thought, opinion or any entertainment. Frankly, I am hard pressed to recall many random listeners who even bother to call in.

Druff's talent on air and his audience are two different things. I am talking about two different populations and their relative importance to me.

Radio is a serial thing. I gotta listen from beginning to end. I was a committed live listener as I liked the potential for the unexpected.

The forum is a random access thing. I can ignore people and seek out others and dial up topics at will.

I am entertained by damn near everyone here. I have been exposed to topics and nonsense that is quite outside my IRL world. It has made me the star of cocktail hour and a guest in high demand at parties. Women find me more attractive too since March 2013.

As poker wound down and nostalgia gets played out a bunch of bored middle aged men create drama where there isn't any to pass the time. Druff says black and we say white. It's all in the game. We act like a bunch of middle school girls and he is the authority figure. Jesus, it ain't personal.

Nobody gives two real fucks about Larry & Kilgore. We and he are just messing around out of boredom and content. The only issue I would have is doxing or threatening to out Kilgore. That should be the death sentence as it will discourage the rest of the guys from posting. I am not sure that was the Lare/KT issue.

Frankly, Druff has recently been pretty funny trolling Tyde and a few others. It would be sad to think he doesn't enjoy the battle any more.

Comments

The_Lurker: Sanlmar wins

Tellafriend: Simply the best of the best

Dan Druff: good take

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    druff. i won $38 last week. please add $18 to this weeks free roll and ship me a $20 spot.
    I won second place last week. Donate to next week.

Load Metric

I dont think he aired any grievances.

this was a "thanksgiving episode, not a festivus one.
    Finally, I will give thanks to cmoney for posting more recently. Apparently Amsterdam agreed with him.

His financial gifts and stakes are his signature. They are a great lubricant that keeps the wheels of content turning. I enjoy the content. The Bitcoin contest was a hall of fame contribution and got us going.

But he has more to offer than money. I prefer he fucking write something.

He hinted about the Bitcoin trader he knows. I asked him to write about what the guy is like and what mayhem they share. I don't care WHO he is obv. He promised he would and I look forward to that.

Then cmoney says that Shkreli is an acquaintance. "He is a sociopath but not a bad guy". This is the greatest fucking line written in weeks on PFA. This notion appeals to me like I can't describe. Do I have to stake cmoney to expound on this?

cmoney is unconventional and I would like to read more.

Don't be like a radio listener, pal.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Radio crowd are a bunch of cupcakes compared to you forum folks. Glad to hear rawwolf and Brandon made amends. I thought he was hilarious in the early days of pfa radio, even if he was a freak and a really weird dude.

Edit: nice show m 8, tight site also
    Last edited by HoodedN; 09-15-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Donated. PM me PP address again

Thread Information