Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My crypto / blockchain adventure

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Why the constant calculations. If you plan on looking back after X months or years just know how many beans you spent and how many beans you'd have when you sell. That easy and PS ETH is a DOG.
    Because I said I would, and it's a sensible thing to track your investments.

I suspect ETH will have it's day, like every dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Why the constant calculations. If you plan on looking back after X months or years just know how many beans you spent and how many beans you'd have when you sell. That easy and PS ETH is a DOG.

True but tracking coin market investments is a fun thing when looking back every X weeks/months, weekly, ugh, one week youll buy a corvette for your maid the next youll steal it back and chop it up for parts.

Load Metric

True but tracking coin market investments is a fun thing when looking back every X weeks/months, weekly, ugh, one week youll buy a corvette for your maid the next youll steal it back and chop it up for parts.
    Kinda like weighing yourself everyday when on a diet lol.

Comments

Kilgore Trout: .this**
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Didn't add any crypto this week. Was hoping for a bigger fall in BTC and then in a moment it leaps $1000 so there's a lesson.

I'm going to stick with BTC for the majority of my purchases, just because it is the biggest name and most liquid crypto. It's also by far the best currency to have to buy other crpyto.

Have looked at a new provider coinfloor. Similar to GDAX but UK-based. Should save me a lot in fees as there is very little spread and they trade in GBP, so no FX fees either. Have sent £4k but will be a couple of days for the funds to arrive before I can trade. Weekly P&L is +£3,740.18 and the cumulative P&L is +£8,620.97.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    Didn't add any crypto this week. Was hoping for a bigger fall in BTC and then in a moment it leaps $1000 so there's a lesson.

I'm going to stick with BTC for the majority of my purchases, just because it is the biggest name and most liquid crypto. It's also by far the best currency to have to buy other crpyto.

Have looked at a new provider coinfloor. Similar to GDAX but UK-based. Should save me a lot in fees as there is very little spread and they trade in GBP, so no FX fees either. Have sent £4k but will be a couple of days for the funds to arrive before I can trade. Weekly P&L is +£3,740.18 and the cumulative P&L is +£8,620.97.
    Belly- How are you going about doing your homework? What sites are you using for research on individual krypto currency that you might invest in? tia

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Belly- How are you going about doing your homework? What sites are you using for research on individual krypto currency that you might invest in? tia
    It's more art than science. I'm not looking at charts, analysing candlesticks or reading copious reports. I mean, I bought dragonchain just because rawwolf mentioned it once on radio, this gives a hint to the depth of the research being done.

I'm just looking to be invested in the "sector" by slowly adding to my holding over time.

I believe almost* regardless of price, there will be clamoring for bitcoin for various activities (not least poker / gambling). I suspect the supply in circulation is actually going down now. What I mean by this is that there are more BTC lost by people dying, formatting hard drives or otherwise losing/forgetting their private keys, than are being mined presently.

I think BTC will "win" in the short to medium term compared to other crypto, just because of the name and liquidity. Definition of win = higher return + lower volatility compared to a basket of the 10 other major cryptos.

*at some point high transaction fees will become an issue.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    It's more art than science. I'm not looking at charts, analysing candlesticks or reading copious reports. I mean, I bought dragonchain just because rawwolf mentioned it once on radio, this gives a hint to the depth of the research being done.

I'm just looking to be invested in the "sector" by slowly adding to my holding over time.

I believe almost* regardless of price, there will be clamoring for bitcoin for various activities (not least poker / gambling). I suspect the supply in circulation is actually going down now. What I mean by this is that there are more BTC lost by people dying, formatting hard drives or otherwise losing/forgetting their private keys, than are being mined presently.

I think BTC will "win" in the short to medium term compared to other crypto, just because of the name and liquidity. Definition of win = higher return + lower volatility compared to a basket of the 10 other major cryptos.

*at some point high transaction fees will become an issue.
    I decided a few days ago that Im going to learn everything I can about crypto and like yourself plan on investing slowly over time. Thanks for giving me a quick rundown of how things work and your thoughts on what you think the crypto future looks like.
    I will be following your thread and hopefully over time as I continue to learn more I will be able to add something to it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Follow this guy for some good info and insight, he seems to know what hes doing https://twitter.com/cuntycakes123

Comments

big dick: Thanks big man

Load Metric
    Claim your bitcoin gold.

If you had any BTC on 24th October you have access to the equivalent amount of BTG. Not to be sniffed at BTG is trading at $360/BTG right now.

The trezor boys are top top, they updated their firmware for BTG and the coins were transferred to my trezor with a few clicks. If you need to do it manually there's no particular hurry as the coins are yours just don't forget about them.

As for the weekly update, my £4k I transferred to coinfloor has gone missing. I expect it to turn up at some point but in the meantime I'm shut out of trading. So I resorted to the good old XBTE ETF again and added another 6 units @ £317/unit.

I did a bit of research on XBTE and unsuprisingly they back off their position against real BTC. Turns out they are hodling 58,000BTC in Xapo. Weekly P&L is +£4,884.57 and the cumulative P&L is +£13,505.54.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Gold
    Load Metric
    Claim your bitcoin gold.

If you had any BTC on 24th October you have access to the equivalent amount of BTG. Not to be sniffed at BTG is trading at $360/BTG right now.

The trezor boys are top top, they updated their firmware for BTG and the coins were transferred to my trezor with a few clicks. If you need to do it manually there's no particular hurry as the coins are yours just don't forget about them.

As for the weekly update, my £4k I transferred to coinfloor has gone missing. I expect it to turn up at some point but in the meantime I'm shut out of trading. So I resorted to the good old XBTE ETF again and added another 6 units @ £317/unit.

I did a bit of research on XBTE and unsuprisingly they back off their position against real BTC. Turns out they are hodling 58,000BTC in Xapo. Weekly P&L is +£4,884.57 and the cumulative P&L is +£13,505.54.
    As long as you have the private keys, you can claim your Bitcoin Gold. There is another one coming out, Bitcoin Diamond.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Yeah ok, but how are you even able to do all of this Einstein?

You expect us to actually believe this is panning out for you right now?!

There is a BLOODBATH on the market right now and Bitcoin is officially Donkdown...

Get your shit together dude, you're not fooling us!

Comments

anonamoose: Shut it down

Belly Buster: offset - guess 'moose didn't get the joke

Load Metric
    Timed my purchase well this week, added another 22 XBTE @ £357/unit when bitcoin dipped to about $9,400. Full steam ahead since then.

My £4k I sent to coinfloor is still in limbo. The bank rang and after a few questions asked if it was to buy bitcoins. I said yes and they said that's fine but needed to ask if it was private or business related, for regulatory reasons. I said it was for private and they then forwarded it on to the relevant department for further review. I don't think I will get rolled, they either send it eventually or give me it back. 10% shot they might close my bank account but meh I set it up as a burner anyway. More likely they will just tell me not to do it again.

Weekly P&L is +£7,235.54 and the cumulative P&L is +£20,741.08, so 13 weeks in I have hit my £20k profit target. I have bought £28,300 of varying commodities and have spent £290 in fees and other costs. I am going to continue as planned for another 12 weeks of purchases, and assuming I am still over £20k ahead will then slowly divest.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

It's been a wild ride but given the speed with which Bitcoin has risen is now the time to be pumping more in? The sheeple are flooding in and the bust can't be too far off. At least consider selling all non-Bitcoin cryptos and lock in a nice profit on BTC.

Disclaimer: I've made my first sale (at around $15,300) and I'm going to keep selling as it crosses $20K, $25K etc until I've sold half. That will give a nice profit on the adventure and I'll leave the rest just in case it really does go to the moon.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Scaling Out/Good Strategy Rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnFanningsLimpDick View Post
    It's been a wild ride but given the speed with which Bitcoin has risen is now the time to be pumping more in? The sheeple are flooding in and the bust can't be too far off. At least consider selling all non-Bitcoin cryptos and lock in a nice profit on BTC.

Disclaimer: I've made my first sale (at around $15,300) and I'm going to keep selling as it crosses $20K, $25K etc until I've sold half. That will give a nice profit on the adventure and I'll leave the rest just in case it really does go to the moon.
    Been a good run and agree it looks tempting to scale back, but you could have said that at 8k 10k, 12k, 14k, 16k and now ~18k. Planning to stay invested. I think it will be $50k by this time next year but could be a bumpy ride to get there.

Bitcoin is like poker. You covet every chip on the table, but need a healthy disregard for money at the same time. Scared money don't make money.

Comments

Deal: A+ content
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    Coinfloor deposit came through Monday which was good timing as I added another 0.25 BTC when the price was about $1140/BTC and then another 0.18 BTC @ ~ $1,350/BTC midweek. So £4k spent this week. I have overbought BTC this week so I can move it onto other exchanges to buy some altcoins next week.

Dragonchain has now been distributed and is now listed on one exchange at least and has gone up over 600% since the ICO, so my ~£1100 is now ~£7,000. Thanks Rawwolf!

With the Dragonchain bonus, and general uptick across BTC / LTC, weekly P&L is +£20,728.65 and the cumulative P&L is +£41,469.73.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

During this past week I've changed my view on Bitcoin and think it's topping out. This talk of going to $50K or $100K seems like fantasy. Even though I got in late just a few months ago I've more than quadrupled my money and it seems prudent to take the profits. Of course I'll leave a small amount just in case I'm wrong but I just can't see any more buyers now. Who's left to drive the price higher?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    During this past week I've changed my view on Bitcoin and think it's topping out. This talk of going to $50K or $100K seems like fantasy. Even though I got in late just a few months ago I've more than quadrupled my money and it seems prudent to take the profits. Of course I'll leave a small amount just in case I'm wrong but I just can't see any more buyers now. Who's left to drive the price higher?
    Wall street etc... and large investment groups.

Watch what happens over the next 2.5 months. I am fairly certain you are going to start seeing some big names hopping on board

People are still learning about this and buying too

Load Metric
    No one got poor taking profits. If you're 4x up, maybe sell half now for a nice profit and keep options open on the other half.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    Decided to diversify this week. Shipped 0.5BTC across to Bitfinex last week. With the backed up transactions it took an lol 3 days . Bought ~0.1BTC each of Iota, OmiseGO, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Monero all on Monday. Benefited from the general uplift, with Litecoin and OmiseGo doing particularly well.

For the home straight I have shipped the final £18k to coinfloor, which, like last time, has gone into a black hole in the banking system. I am hoping it will come through in the next week or two.

Weekly P&L is +£25,087.68 and the cumulative P&L is +£66,557.42.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Platinum
    Load Metric
    appreciate this thread...finally got me off my ass to start dipping my toe into this shit...

bought a small amount of LTC and BTC on this washout tonight...the way kraken is going I might have that account verified by 2019 or something so I can start buying shit other than what is on coinbase...

Thread Information