Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My crypto / blockchain adventure

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

My crypto / blockchain adventure

Late to the party, I'm going to get into this shit as part of a wider risk-diversified investment portfolio.

I'm going to commit £50k over 6 months with the aim of:

• Making money (obv)
    • Not having the fucking things stolen
    • Not losing the fucking things

None of the above is a guarantee.

My purchase strategy is:

• Diversify over a range of coins and crypto- and blockchain-related technologies and stocks (recommendations welcome)
    • Hedge by buying over time, £2k / week over 25 weeks

My exit strategy is:

• Hold for a minimum of 6 months
    • After 6 months, review overall portfolio weekly
    • Sell back £1k worth any week where P&L exceeds £20k profit
    • Once £50k is sold back the project is concluded and I'll see what I'm left with.
    • No stop loss - these are for pussies

Being in the UK this makes some stuff harder - there are less exchanges etc. but fuck it.

I will maintain a profit and loss account for the venture that I will share.

I'm sure lots of advice will ensue. I will need it.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Make Some Money Rep

Hockey Guy: Will be following. GL.

big dick: gl

sonatine: fucking solid heater rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Stake OSA Heartland Poker tour.

Comments

OSA: Yes

michael: this

Load Metric
    That has better chance. I base this on nothing except the gut feeling of "late too the party" equals "sure to be rolled".

I hope I'm wrong though based on your poker site in the four free rolls ive ever played on 4 different screen names.

Load Metric
    As part of the plan to not lose the fucking things and not have the fucking things stolen, I plan to get a hardware wallet.

Looking right now at Trezor.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    lol convenience (coinbase)

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1166
Size:  8.1 KB
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    More like INconvenience if you ask me!!!

Load Metric
    £2k/week might be optimistic as they've set a £325/week card limit.

Anyway, I know have 0.10713451 BTC. woohoo.

I can send more using a bank transfer, but to verify this method I have to ship them €10 to some jank account in Estonia. Transfer fees are £15. P&L not looking to healthy so far.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Gold
    Load Metric
    Name:  ZmL17.gif
Views: 1144
Size:  2.28 MB

Load Metric
    As I couldn't get any more money on coinbase. I've bought 12 shares XBT Provider AB BIT-XBTE Bitcoin tracker ETF for about £1,650 total.

Every trade so far I'm getting fucked in GBP-EUR conversion, commision, handling, etc. This shit better be worth it.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

I can send more using a bank transfer, but to verify this method I have to ship them €10 to some jank account in Estonia. Transfer fees are £15. P&L not looking to healthy so far.
    You know? Might want to check that. Just because you "bought" it doesn't mean you "have" it when dealing with coinbase.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post

You know? Might want to check that. Just because you "bought" it doesn't mean you "have" it when dealing with coinbase.
    Thanks - useful to know
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    Good luck!

Load Metric
    Couldn't resist the dip in price today so added 16 more XBTE @ GBP122.1675 as I'm still waiting for funds to clear on coinbase.

Also bough the Trezor hardware wallet as well for £106 on amazon.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    wait you're doing this with credit cards and not 50k# cash in a bank somewhere?

and you figured you'd max these out, buy some BTC, and pay off the cards with the dividends? or at least make minimums until you cash out and then you repay what's left of the 50k# principal? (sorry i don't know how to make the british pound)

I assume a card with a 325 a week spending limit is doesn't have a 50k credit limit.

so you're doing this over multiple cards?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    wait you're doing this with credit cards and not 50k# cash in a bank somewhere?

and you figured you'd max these out, buy some BTC, and pay off the cards with the dividends? or at least make minimums until you cash out and then you repay what's left of the 50k# principal? (sorry i don't know how to make the british pound)

I assume a card with a 325 a week spending limit is doesn't have a 50k credit limit.

so you're doing this over multiple cards?

1. $325 a week but you can only have 3 cards, after verified

3. Even a bank account limit is $2,000 a week, after it is verified.

4. It takes about a week for a transaction to go through. (that is for a tiny transaction, God only knows how long if you tried to buy 2k)

Gonna take a while to load up 50k there. (48k after fees).a

Load Metric
    Belly Buster, you single-handedly restored confidence in the bitcoin market with this thread announcement!

Name:  IMG_7611.PNG
Views: 943
Size:  11.3 KB

P.S. The date/time on this chart corresponding with the time stamp of the OP is roughly 9/14 9am.

P.P.S. Uhhh... That chart doesn't show prices on 9/14. This one does.

Name:  IMG_7613.PNG
Views: 934
Size:  10.1 KB

Never mind.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 09-15-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

I'm also in the UK and got into bitcoin recently. May have missed the boat but whatever. You don't need a hardware wallet though. I just created a wallet with Electrum, received the coins, then deleted it. I've got the recovery pass phrase written down in two different locations. Obviously no good for frequent trading but I'm just going to wait a few years. Not a baller like Belly Buster - I own just under 1 bitcoin and I won't be buying any more. I recommend bittylicious as a broker for UK traders.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnFanningsLimpDick View Post
    I'm also in the UK and got into bitcoin recently. May have missed the boat but whatever. You don't need a hardware wallet though. I just created a wallet with Electrum, received the coins, then deleted it. I've got the recovery pass phrase written down in two different locations. Obviously no good for frequent trading but I'm just going to wait a few years. Not a baller like Belly Buster - I own just under 1 bitcoin and I won't be buying any more. I recommend bittylicious as a broker for UK traders.
    Thanks for the info. All this is very new to me; I'm learning very quickly but the I know there's a lot of knowledge here. Part of the reason for doing it over 6 months is so I don't make some rookie fuck up and chunk off the £50k in one go.

I have Electrum too which is fine but given the potential sums involved I would prefer to have an "air gap" which the hardware wallet affords (see objective 2). After NBH's advice I have at least moved my coin to my Electrum wallet so at least I know it is real and not just a number on coinbase.

To Larry: I'm not buying on a credit card I was using a debit card as it was the only way to fund my account quickly. Stuck with £325/week limit. They will review the limit in 40 days lol.

I have shipped £5k by bank transfer to coinbase I hope the funds will appear.

I'm researching proxy investments with positive correlations to the bitcoin / blockchain market. Suggestions are semiconductor stock that will power the mining activities, such as Nvidia and AMD. Will explore these further.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    The Trezor arrived today. Pretty easy to set up. Set a 6 digit PIN to use, and you get a 24 word passphrase to copy down which is your backdoor if you fuck things up.

Moved all my coin from Electrum to Trezor.

I'm not going to include this in the P&L, but I had some residual coin from some historic shenanigans. China sent me some BTC to pay back the Jasep scam. At the time (June 016) BTC was about $700. I just kept it and unearthed it today. So that's another 0.135BTC straight in the back pocket.

I also scooped up my bitcoin cash from the same coin so that's another $40 bucks or so. Put that in my Trezor as well.

Ironically my $100 "investment" in Jasep's BAP is now worth ~ $550.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    Profit/(Loss) for the week is +£136.15. Cumulative P&L is +£136.15.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Thread Information