I posted this on the hate site because they have a PBKC thread there, so I'll just cross post what I wrote over there and give some back story. The Palm Beach Kennel Club (which is actually in West Palm Beach, big difference) charges $1 to get in to the poker room and they have a little booth outside with a guy who collects the dollar. Although sometimes it's empty, so I think they only have a guy there on days where there's racing. I think the main point is to collect $1 from people who are just going to watch the dogs race. This isn't totally unusual, as there are some other rooms in Florida that charge $1 to get in. It's just the Kennel Club mentality that a lot of these rooms have where you have to pay $2 for a soda while playing. But at least at the PBKC they only charge you the $1 if you don't have a players card. Which is silly, as players cards are free and all you have to do is show them your ID and they'll make you a players card. The PBKC is actually pretty good in how they run and treat their high stakes players. They don't have a bravo system or comp system anywhere in their poker room, so instead they comp all meals of people playing in the high limit section. I regularly comp $20 meals while I'm playing and they're happy to do it. Although once I got cut off for ordering too much food, but that's another story. Anyhow, here's what happened yesterday (as I told it on the hate site):
This was my latest experience at PBKC:
I am walking in to the poker room and the guy who mans the $1 collection booth stops me to collect the $1. I have a players card, but didn't have it on me. Usually when I forget to bring my players card I'll just ignore the guy and walk fast or I'll flash my hotel key or AAA card or my cock and it's yet to be a problem. I tell the guy that I have a players card but I don't have it on me. The guy says "Well, if you don't have it on you, then it's $1 to get in". Obviously this is ridiculous, I'm going to play 5/10 in the pit where I'll be paying $14/hr in rake. I only have hundreds on me and I'm not going to break a $100 bill to get $99 in change back. I tell him "Well, that's ridiculous, I have a players card I just don't have it on me today, I'm not going to pay $1 to get in". He comes out of his booth to show me some piece of paper that says 'you must have a players card to get in NO EXCEPTIONS!!!' and says "You see here where it says no exceptions?" I say "Okay, well you'll have to talk to somebody about it because I'm not going to pay $1 to get in" and I proceed to walk towards the poker room. He literally grabs my arm to prevent me from walking towards the poker room and says "You'll have to wait here for security". He goes back in his booth to call security and at this point I try to call Willie but I have trouble finding his number in my phone. The guy gets off the phone with security and tells me the head of security is going to give me a one time comp, but next time... and he keeps talking but I just walk away in to the poker room.

The guy was totally rude and out of line to me. I come down to play here every few months, but I'll just start going to The Isle instead if I'm going to be harassed over $1.
As soon as I posted this a guy commented that he had the exact same experience twice and as a result plays elsewhere now.