Thread: AhoosierA involved in controversial bubble spot....Called a CHEATER & SCUMBAG

Load Metric

AhoosierA involved in controversial bubble spot....Called a CHEATER & SCUMBAG

I was playing in a tournament over the weekend. $1.1k buy-in. Running really well. Make Day2 with a ton of chips and we are about 27 people away from the money.

Day2 starts and I got an amazing table draw. There were only 2 people other than myself at the table that had a Hendon Mob. Anyway, I steadily increased my stack without ease until we were on the STONE BUBBLE.

The tournament paid 63 spots. We were at 64 players and hand-for-hand. At my table there was an all-in and call, a flip between 2 similar stacks. The guy that lost the hand was left with just a little over 1BB. (Blinds were 5k/10k...he had like 11.5k) The very next hand, the guy that had 11.5k was UTG and put in the last of his chips.....it folded to me in the SB and I made the call with 23 offsuit.....the BB makes the call. The FLOP comes K96 rainbow. Now obviously I have nothing...however I'm not ready for the bubble to burst, I was collecting blinds and antes at will....So I lead out at the dry side pot with 3 high. The BB folded and the UTG player won the pot with K high.

As soon as I had turned my hand over everyone at the table was like "WTF!?!?!?" and screaming "COLLUSION". I didn't say a word. I mean what am I suppose to say? "I want the bubble to continue so I can continue to steal all your blinds/antes"

The floor gets called over and asks what happened. Everyone, including the dealer is ready to hang me on the cross!! I tell the floor that I will gladly explain to them my reasoning away from the table. He lets me talk to him away from the table and I explain to him the dynamic. Luckily he was a pretty competent floor and seemed to understand why I did what I did.

No penalty was issued luckily but I did receive a lot of shit from the other players until the table broke, and the guy that eventually busted me (The guy that was in the BB in the controversial hand none-the-less) made the comment "That's what you get" when he busted me.

Comments

SDouble: ROFLMAO

Load Metric
    You're explanation of why you did that is just stupid.

There are 6 or 7 tables left & he bubble could burst at any moment so for you to say you did that because you want the bubble to continue is retarded because you have absolutely no control over what's happening at the other 5 or 6 tables.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    You're explanation of why you did that is just stupid.

There are 6 or 7 tables left & he bubble could burst at any moment so for you to say you did that because you want the bubble to continue is retarded because you have absolutely no control over what's happening at the other 5 or 6 tables.
    I don't have direct control over what goes on at the other tables. However by creating a 3-5BB stack at MY table, it forces other small stacks at other tables to continue to play tight. Nobody wants to be the bubble.

Comments

SDouble: WHOOOOSIER DADDY?!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by AhoosierA View Post
    I don't have direct control over what goes on at the other tables. However by creating a 3-5BB stack at MY table, it forces other small stacks at other tables to continue to play tight. Nobody wants to be the bubble.
    Whatever dude. The bubble could burst that very hand if you weren't the last table with action or could burst the very next hand so your explanation is dubious at best. I could see doing that with a few spots left to go where you could honestly think you may get another orbit out of it but not on the stone bubble as you've described, that's just silly & you deserve the grief you got.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't believe you were colluding or cheating in any way, but this is one of the oddest poker strategies I've heard, and I totally understand why players were alarmed by it.

As Hockey Guy said, I don't think you were getting much of an advantage from this, and clearly it looked REALLY weird to everyone else.

I also would have been scratching my head and asking "WTF" if I saw this happen at my table.

Comments

AhoosierA: fwiw. I learned this concept watching Fedor. He's done it a couple of times. Maybe not as blatant though.

Load Metric
    standard. only donks collude to break the bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    1. There is a rule that states if you bring this strategy to the live arena you have to truly give no fucks what anyone thinks about you. You employing this strategy and then giving enough fucks to make a thread about it means that you aren't cut out for it.

2. In my entire poker life I've always looked in silent awe at people with the ability to truly give no fucks while the rest of my table mates got their ropes ready for the lynching. It's always been quite amusing. I once heard a 80-90 year old woman mutter "fucking n-word" when a Native American bet a dry side pot. That alone is worth the rake for me.

3. Druff, prolonging the bubble when you have a spot like this happens all day every day online. (normally not as blatant as this example though)

4. Them calling the floor on you over this is the funniest thing I've ever heard of. It's usually just death threats and all the old men having to be reminded it's their action because they are too busy still staring you down 30 minutes later.

5. Did you really go around the table asking everyone for their names so you could look them up on Hendon Mob? If so they already all hated you, so you further embracing the heel role would have been even more hilarious to witness had I been at that table.

Conclusion: Don't do this shit unless you truly don't care. If you must do it, at least have some tact and just isolate the guy with your rags pre. As played you should have been ready to claim you misread your cards. You should have never ever explained your strategy to the floor with the rest of the table listening. That's just you doubling down on your chances of getting run off the road by a Vietnam Vet later in the evening. No matter what your table mates were saying to you before the floor got there about you being a cheater and scumbag they really didn't mean it. None of them actually thought you were partnered up with the guy you helped stay in the tournament. That's just simple folks go to insult. In all their heads they thought you were the biggest retard of all time. But omfg what I would give to be at that table when you went on to explain to all of them that this was your legit strategy to keep the Steal Train chugging. Holy shit that would be entertainment... not to mention how insane the action gets after a guy that truly gives no fucks does what guys that truly gives no fucks do, in this case you.

Further Conclusion: If you were playing with mostly nice people who sucked and the table dynamic was friendly just don't do this shit to them. The tiny edge you may gain just doesn't seem worth it to me. In my entire poker life I've never been the rile them up guy or the get riled up guy. The things some people are able to do without caring has always amazed me, but most often the riled up people's overreaction makes me end up siding with the original trouble maker.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 09-05-2017 at 03:01 AM.

Load Metric
    Whatever dude. The bubble could burst that very hand if you weren't the last table with action or could burst the very next hand so your explanation is dubious at best. I could see doing that with a few spots left to go where you could honestly think you may get another orbit out of it but not on the stone bubble as you've described, that's just silly & you deserve the grief you got.
    You're correct, the bubble could burst that very hand at another table, it could bust the next hand, it could last a few more hands, or 2 more orbits. There are a lot of WHAT IFS in poker. If it does bust the next hand, it still had no negative effect on me either way. In fact, the bubble burst at my table I believe 3 hands later when a 10bb stack shoved 10s from the button and was snapped off by KK in the BB.....imagine how pissed off the guy with 10s was there!?!?!?

Maybe next time you have KK you should think "WHAT IF THEY HAVE AA" and probably just fold

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    1. There is a rule that states if you bring this strategy to the live arena you have to truly give no fucks what anyone thinks about you. You employing this strategy and then giving enough fucks to make a thread about it means that you aren't cut out for it.

5. Did you really go around the table asking everyone for their names so you could look them up on Hendon Mob? If so they already all hated you, so you further embracing the heel role would have been even more hilarious to witness had I been at that table.
    I do believe I uttered a "I don't give a fuck what you think of me" to the guy in the BB who was crying the most about it (he later tells the table he would have made a straight on the river to bust the bubble)

As far as the Hendon Mob thing. It was Day2, they had all the names posted the night before and I done my research before even getting to the table.

Also, when I explained the strategy to the floor, I made sure to do it far enough away from the tables to where none of the players could hear. No way was I explaining my strategy to the table or with the table listening. I mean that would negate the entire reasoning for me doing what I did.

Load Metric
    Did you know the short stack in any regard?

Load Metric
    So basically a 1k live tournament in 2017 plays like a 2005 $5 freeze out on Stars AND donks will be donks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    You're correct, the bubble could burst that very hand at another table, it could bust the next hand, it could last a few more hands, or 2 more orbits. There are a lot of WHAT IFS in poker. If it does bust the next hand, it still had no negative effect on me either way. In fact, the bubble burst at my table I believe 3 hands later when a 10bb stack shoved 10s from the button and was snapped off by KK in the BB.....imagine how pissed off the guy with 10s was there!?!?!?

Maybe next time you have KK you should think "WHAT IF THEY HAVE AA" and probably just fold
    Just give it a fucking break. Everybody agrees with every word I wrote in this thread but sure, go ahead & talk down to me because you're obviously right.

JFC dude.

Comments

AhoosierA: Not everybody agrees with what you said. Read the fucking thread dipshit.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric

Just give it a fucking break. Everybody agrees with every word I wrote in this thread but sure, go ahead & talk down to me because you're obviously right.

JFC dude.
    Please explain exactly why what I did was stupid. What benefit do I get from the bubble bursting right that second? If I don't get another hand or two to try and steal the blinds because other tables burst the bubble, so be it, but if being a big stack and me having the option to have the bubble burst or not....I'm going to pick NOT every single time. If you'd pick differently, then you're an idiot and don't understand bubble play very well.

I had the option to bust the bubble, or extend the bubble for at least 1 more hand. It put pressure on the other smaller stacks. It put 0 pressure on myself. I'm not there to make fucking friends, and I'm making the money regardless.

GFY.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Did you know the short stack in any regard?
    I knew his name as I've played with him before, but did not know him in a sense where we are friends.

Load Metric

JFC dude.
    Please explain exactly why what I did was stupid. What benefit do I get from the bubble bursting right that second? If I don't get another hand or two to try and steal the blinds because other tables burst the bubble, so be it, but if being a big stack and me having the option to have the bubble burst or not....I'm going to pick NOT every single time. If you'd pick differently, then you're an idiot and don't understand bubble play very well.

I had the option to bust the bubble, or extend the bubble for at least 1 more hand. It put pressure on the other smaller stacks. It put 0 pressure on myself. I'm not there to make fucking friends, and I'm making the money regardless.

GFY.
    You did not. You even admitted that the bubble could have burst that very hand on another table. I even prefaced an earlier post stating if you knew your table was the last with action & you responded by admitting the bubble could have broken that very hand on another table which tells me you didn't know if you were the last action table but now you know?

Look, I agree with Druff on this & I truly do understand your explanation for why you did it but IMO, it gives you no real tangible advantage for the reasons I've already stated. I don't believe for even a second that you did something nefarious like collusion where you're gonna deserve a penalty or something but it looks fucking odd to everybody.

You seem to think the other players' reaction was out of line(otherwise why would you start this thread & end your OP that way?) & I'm(Druff also) simply pointing out that it's gonna be a head scratcher if it happened at my table & you're gonna catch some grief from other players.

BTW, I misspoke when I stated you "deserved" grief. It should have been that you should have known you were gonna get grief in that spot & I actually think you did know that.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Thread Information