Thread: Miami Vice remake planned, with exeuctive producer Vin Diesel

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Miami Vice remake planned, with exeuctive producer Vin Diesel

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/miam...el-1202506455/

Mixed feelings about this.

I am a big Miami Vice fan, and I absolutely loved the look and feel of the original series (though the series was far better in its first two seasons compared to its final three.)

Michael Mann made a terrible film version of it in 2006, pretty much extracting everything that was good about the 1980s series. It was basically an overlong, boring, confusing version of the classic "Smuggler's Blues" episode.

I'm afraid that a modern Miami Vice will lose the colorful aesthetics, film noir, and music video atmosphere which made the '80s series so effective and influential.

If this new Miami Vice does come to pass, I will try to watch it, but I might give up quickly if it sucks.

Some of these reboots never pan out. "The Rockford Files" was supposed to see a reboot in 2012, but that never occurred.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Will Jan Hammer be involved with the music?

And will popular music be incorporated seamlessly into each episode?

(Start at 0:46 below)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/miam...el-1202506455/

Mixed feelings about this.

I am a big Miami Vice fan, and I absolutely loved the look and feel of the original series (though the series was far better in its first two seasons compared to its final three.)

Michael Mann made a terrible film version of it in 2006, pretty much extracting everything that was good about the 1980s series. It was basically an overlong, boring, confusing version of the classic "Smuggler's Blues" episode.

I'm afraid that a modern Miami Vice will lose the colorful aesthetics, film noir, and music video atmosphere which made the '80s series so effective and influential.

If this new Miami Vice does come to pass, I will try to watch it, but I might give up quickly if it sucks.

Some of these reboots never pan out. "The Rockford Files" was supposed to see a reboot in 2012, but that never occurred.

What didn't help was the casting in that movie.. Colin Farrell and Jaime Foxx were just not right for those parts to begin with.. Poor casting can kill a movie quickly as evidenced by some of the movies this summer bombing as they did IE Baywatch with the Rock (guarantee Dwayne Johnson aint happy one of his movies shit the bed) .. (reports now say this will be the worst summer box office in a long time.. last weekend alone was the worst weekend since 9/11)..

Id hope they learned their lessons from what happened the last time they tried to make Miami Vice.. I mean the movie with the ATeam while wasn't perfect to me came out decent and part of it was they picked a good cast to play the parts made famous Liam was a pretty good Hannibal.. Bradley Cooper definitely fit the role made famous by Dirk Benedict, Quinton RAMPAGE Jackson did ok as BA Barackus but could've been better and Copley was an unknown as Murdoch but he seemed to play the part well (honestly never heard of the dude before or since).. I know its gonna sound weird but hear me out.. I could see them taking the magic from FF franchise and using Dwayne Johnson as Tubbs and Vin Diesel as Crockett.. and somehow they will find a way to throw in Kevin Hart as a character as well.. Maybe I'm crazy but I think it might just work if they go that route.. Also they need a good rough around the edges type Hispanic actor to play Castillo (I don't even know who the fuck that dude was that played the part in the first movie but Castillo wasn't BLACK!!! not being racist but damnit don't screw with the race dynamic it was and remains important with Miami..) I'm gonna throw this out as I think he would be perfect to play the part and that's Andy Garcia hes older but doesn't look his age and could easily play the part of the crusty vice unit commander.. I'm out of casting ideas beyond that but I think that would be a good start for Miami Vice the remake

Ok now having read the article forget what I just said.. If this was a movie my ideas would work.. Dwayne Johnson is too busy with Ballers, and the others aint leaving the big screen to do TV.. Oh well it was a great idea while it lasted if it had been a movie remake.. Shrug.. lesson learned read entire article first before commenting and looking like an idiot..

Thread Information