Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Canada

Load Metric
    We'll be glad to have you cmoney.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Vancouver fucking rules cmoney. Do you have a realtor there? If not I can refer you a good one and we can chop my 25% referral fee. Not sure what you're spending there but it could be a decent chunk each. I'd also be open to doing something fun with it, split some up then maybe have a free roll or some shit with a portion?

Load Metric
    East Hastings is nice

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Vancouver fucking rules cmoney. Do you have a realtor there? If not I can refer you a good one and we can chop my 25% referral fee. Not sure what you're spending there but it could be a decent chunk each. I'd also be open to doing something fun with it, split some up then maybe have a free roll or some shit with a portion?
    I'll refer him to my realtor for free
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    East Hastings is nice

It's not as bad as people say though. It's bad by Canadian standards, which is not bad at all by American standards.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    I've been quiet about this on the board but I've been in the Vancouver metro area for nearly 2 years now and love it.

Cmoney you have lots of ways in. PM me.

Canada owns the USA's face

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: right now Bangladesh owns the USA's face
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    I'll refer him to my realtor for free
    Apparently you don't understand how referral fees pay out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    East Hastings is nice

It's not as bad as people say though. It's bad by Canadian standards, which is not bad at all by American standards.
    Me and a couple of buddies went to check it out about 15 years ago and it was pretty sketchy. Haven't been there in a long time so maybe they cleaned it up.

Load Metric
    It's fucking horrible as of last year. Drug addicts line the sidewalks, stumbling around all fucked up. I drove my wife through there on a romantic night out and she didn't think such an area could possibly exist in Canada.

Load Metric
    It's fucking horrible as of last year. Drug addicts line the sidewalks, stumbling around all fucked up. I drove my wife through there on a romantic night out and she didn't think such an area could possibly exist in Canada.
    Like I said, by Canadian standards. I used to live on the south side of Chicago. Nowhere in Canada even comes close.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Like I said, by Canadian standards. I used to live on the south side of Chicago. Nowhere in Canada even comes close.
    Is it also just that one stretch on the main road there that's super sketchy? It didn't feel like someone would get shot or anything like that. Just visible drug addicts hanging out on the sidewalk.

Load Metric
    southhhh sideeee

Load Metric
    Time to fess up, perhaps, about the *real* reason you are moving to Canada?

Name:  IMG_6959.JPG
Views: 291
Size:  76.4 KB

Wait! That's the wrong pic. Pot is now recreational legal in a number of US states. Here we go...

Name:  IMG_6957.JPG
Views: 316
Size:  131.4 KB

Heck! In your income bracket, you could easily turn to Seeking Arrangement for paid companionship if in a pinch. One more time...

Name:  IMG_6956.JPG
Views: 320
Size:  308.8 KB

In any event... Good luck! And be sure to write home occasionally!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Is it also just that one stretch on the main road there that's super sketchy? It didn't feel like someone would get shot or anything like that. Just visible drug addicts hanging out on the sidewalk.
    Yes that's it. Skeevy, but safe.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    If both your parents were born in Canada, seems to me like you are already in. How did you not look this up before?

Try this: https://na1.se.voxco.com/SE/56/amica...ng=en&tui=auto

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...ules/index.asp

Yeah, I actually checked on that. There is an issue on one of my parents side that screwed it up. Long story.

Load Metric

Thanks.

Yeah, I am clueless to how real estate , or really banking in general works there. It appears you cant get out of the nasty grip of the IRS unless you become a Canadian citizen.

My biggest concern is going to be opening up business accounts in Canada. I have heard a lot of banks dont want to deal with Americans and busienss accounts because of all the BS reporting that is required. Using US banking system while in Canada wont be practical. e

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    If you are serous and would like some assistance? I have lived in here in Northvan for 25 yrs. I am sure you have friends here I guess.
    I have a few European followers friends trying to gain citizenship here and have found that signing up for some school classes opens some long term stay doors. I realize you are not interested in going to school but it may soften the landing.
    Thank you very much.

I have some friends in Canada who run businesses. I think between firing some money in the form of government bonds and them giving me a job should go smoothly to get a resident card. After that, need to live there for 4-5 years and then apply for citizenship. Both my parents were born in Canada so looking to see if there is an angle there.

As long as you weren't born after 1977 you should be able to immediately apply and get Canadian Citizenship if both parents were born in Canada. Its how I have dual citizenship myself as my mother was a Canadian citizen still when I was born.. you only need one parent not both to qualify for Canadian Citizenship C$. You should qualify with single parent irregardless of the situation of the other parent.. As such apply for your citizenship paperwork and then you can get an SIN and the bank need not know you are a US Citizen unless you chose to tell them..

"Canadian citizenship by descent[edit]
    Whether a person is a Canadian citizen by descent depends on the legislation at the time of birth. Generally speaking, any person who was born to a parent born or naturalized in Canada who has not actively renounced their Canadian citizenship is a Canadian citizen by descent (known as first generations born abroad), regardless of the time of birth. These persons either automatically acquired Canadian citizenship at birth, or on 17 April 2009 or 11 June 2015.
    Cases for children of first generations born abroad (known as second and subsequent generations born abroad) are more complicated. For such persons, only those who were born on or before 16 April 2009 may be Canadian citizens."

Comments

MumblesBadly: Irregardless rep
    Last edited by ftpjesus; 08-16-2017 at 01:42 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Thank you very much.

I have some friends in Canada who run businesses. I think between firing some money in the form of government bonds and them giving me a job should go smoothly to get a resident card. After that, need to live there for 4-5 years and then apply for citizenship. Both my parents were born in Canada so looking to see if there is an angle there.

As long as you weren't born after 1977 you should be able to immediately apply and get Canadian Citizenship if both parents were born in Canada. Its how I have dual citizenship myself as my mother was a Canadian citizen still when I was born.. you only need one parent not both to qualify for Canadian Citizenship C$.
    Thank you

I will look into this again . I only asked one attorney who looked into it, but he even admitted he wasn't super knowledgeable on the subject. Also, I was born after 1977 but i think you mean " as long as you werent born before 1977"

Going to PM you if you dont mind and explain my situation. It is a little complex and has to do when Canadian ciitzenship as given up etc.
    Last edited by cmoney; 08-16-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

As long as you weren't born after 1977 you should be able to immediately apply and get Canadian Citizenship if both parents were born in Canada. Its how I have dual citizenship myself as my mother was a Canadian citizen still when I was born.. you only need one parent not both to qualify for Canadian Citizenship C$.
    Thank you

I will look into this again . I only asked one attorney who looked into it, but he even admitted he wasn't super knowledgeable on the subject. Also, I was born after 1977 but i think you mean " as long as you werent born before 1977"

Going to PM you if you dont mind and explain my situation. It is a little complex and has to do when Canadian ciitzenship as given up etc.
    That's fine getting ready to go to bed.. After all the changes its complex but I was born in 73 myself and my mother was still a citizen of Canada at the time.. It was under the changes in 2009 I became eligible as I would've fallen under losing it originally due to failure to registering my birth at the consulate which was the rule back when I was born..

"Those who failed to register or apply for a grant before 14 August 2004 would see their citizenship granted on 17 April 2009 if they were the first generation born abroad. Unlike those registered for or granted citizenship before the 2004 deadline, however, their children will not be able to acquire Canadian citizenship by descent, regardless of the time of birth.

Means my children would not be eligible unless born in Canada..

Load Metric
    Guy doesn't like the country, he leaves, I respect that, he doesn't whine about it like an insufferable cunt on a message board.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: I thought this was trump thread my bad.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Thread Information