Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic ticket in Alberta -- what is the consequence for not paying?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also there is a driving record concern.

That is, if my state has a reciprocity agreement with Alberta, then it will count as a point on my record.

Anyone know which states Alberta has an agreement with, if any?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also there is a driving record concern.

That is, if my state has a reciprocity agreement with Alberta, then it will count as a point on my record.

Anyone know which states Alberta has an agreement with, if any?
    No, no no, Alberta has no deals with any fucking state. Why would they? You're in a different country. Being an American is
    not a plus.......not a minus either but let's just say you will fare better by disowning your country and taking up citizenship in Cuba

Also, we now have a rat a yank out for the good of the world hotline.
    We get a Tim's gift card for identifying the location of any todgers, meaning you could be physically
    removed from the 2018 WSOP final table by the Mounted Police.

Holiday
    Last edited by limitles; 08-14-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Load Metric
    You could try to call a traffic ticket company (or email them).

I know many of them will let you email the ticket then they will let you know if they can get you off and how much it costs.

IMO pay it (unfortunately) after trying to find a company to fight it.

Load Metric
    You are lucky they didn't write you up for having a radar detector. They would in Ontario. Ontario also has reciprocity agreements with some states but not all. Mostly just the ones between here and Florida. Not sure about Alberta, but I do know that ticket will be on your record across Canada and at the borders. I recommend just never coming back. Also, be prepared to be randomly selected for secondary searches at all airports.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    JFC, just pay the fucking ticket.

Comments

The_Lurker: so this

Deal: lol, have another beer

ThreeBet: this

peter mcneil: But it's a legalized scam!

JACKDANIELS: todger gonna todger

Belly Buster: If you do the crime you gotta do the time

gimmick:
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    You are lucky they didn't write you up for having a radar detector. They would in Ontario. Ontario also has reciprocity agreements with some states but not all. Mostly just the ones between here and Florida. Not sure about Alberta, but I do know that ticket will be on your record across Canada and at the borders. I recommend just never coming back. Also, be prepared to be randomly selected for secondary searches at all airports.
    Much like holiday, this is a term popularized by the Canadian reality show Border Busters. It's analogous (emphasis on the anal) to searching the dirty pouch of dufuss Americans, for weaponry and disease, attempting to flee their sinking ship

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Much like holiday, this is a term popularized by the Canadian reality show Border Busters. It's analogous (emphasis on the anal) to searching the dirty pouch of dufuss Americans, for weaponry and disease, who attempt to flee their sinking ship

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Much like holiday, this is a term popularized by the Canadian reality show Border Busters. It's analogous (emphasis on the anal) to searching the dirty pouch of dufuss Americans, for weaponry and disease, who attempt to flee their sinking ship

Load Metric
    if you pay your ticket you are admitting guilt and will get the point, If you argue it and it may cost you more than the ticket but likely the cost of the ticket and point will be reduced or thrown out if the officer does not show for the trial. if you ignore the ticket there may be a trial "exparte" and you will be found guilty and a bench warrant will be issued for you to pay up.

if the points don't matter than pay otherwise there are plenty of bottom feeders waiting to assist.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    God you are such a cheap motherfucking Jew Druff. I recommend not paying it, and trying to return so the board can get some lulz after you get locked up abroad and it costs you 5x as much to get out of it.

Comments

LarryLaffer: THIS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    if you pay your ticket you are admitting guilt and will get the point, If you argue it and it may cost you more than the ticket but likely the cost of the ticket and point will be reduced or thrown out if the officer does not show for the trial. if you ignore the ticket there may be a trial "exparte" and you will be found guilty and a bench warrant will be issued for you to pay up.

if the points don't matter than pay otherwise there are plenty of bottom feeders waiting to assist.
    This is true. Attending your court case will often result in victory because the Gendarme will be otherwise occupied (Tims).
    Personal experience, or educated guessing, means I have been through this exact process. Before a judge, and the fucking cop who did show, I presented case histories where excessive speed determined by radar, was judged inadequate if the equipment had not been calibrated on the day in question.

The judge accepted my presentation re: radar but blasted me in the same breath by saying I did not challenge the officer's personal judgement of my speed.
    Upon judgement, when told to provide my driver's license, which I had left in my car, I received a secondary fine.

good luck

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post

and then trying to angle jew his way out of paying
    Oh, to be a fly on the corned beef on rye picnic sandwiches.......

Druff: Officer, I can explain, I mean I'm an American, uh, uh,
    what I mean to say is this whole kilometers per hour conversion thing......

Cop: License and registration please.....eh?

Druff: My girlfriend and I and the little fella in the back are Republicans and you can imagine
    the pressure we're under........

Cop: Is the child yours sir eh?

Druff: Oh yes, yes, yes, Benji say hello to the nice man and show him the
    special wallet you got for your birthday, show him the other Benji.

Cop: Keep the speed down sir, this is Canada, speed limits are posted and taken seriously.
    Ma'am, best of luck to you and the boy eh
    fyp
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    All im saying is, after driving with you in vegas, i'm not fucking surprised one bit at this one.

For real. I'm still appreciative for the rides none the less, and you do have a sick car.

but you and I both know you weren't paying attention and that's why you were going 20 over.

who goes 20 over anyway. that's reckless endangerment in some places.

Best advice is pay the ticket. you should learn from this.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    This speeding ticket incident prolly explains the rash and swelling you experienced from those otherwise-harmless bug bites. Meaning, the severe reaction lingering over such a long period might have been a psychosomatic reaction to the thoughts of the financial consequences of that ticket.

To stave off a relapse, perhaps you should get some "inner" treatment.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    All im saying is, after driving with you in vegas, i'm not fucking surprised one bit at this one.

For real. I'm still appreciative for the rides none the less, and you do have a sick car.

but you and I both know you weren't paying attention and that's why you were going 20 over.

Obv you're appreciative for the ride, evolving from a "special" pedal adjusted bicycle to an automobile.

can't fyl however

Load Metric

Obv you're appreciative for the ride, evolving from a "special" pedal adjusted bicycle to an automobile.

can't fyl however

yes that's it for sure.

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

can't fyl however

yes that's it for sure.
    zing

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Oh, to be a fly on the corned beef on rye picnic sandwiches.......

Druff: Officer, I can explain, I mean I'm an American, uh, uh,
    what I mean to say is this whole kilometers per hour conversion thing......

Cop: License and registration please.....eh?

Druff: My girlfriend and I and the little fella in the back are Republicans and you can imagine
    the pressure we're under........

Cop: Is the child yours sir eh?

Druff: Oh yes, yes, yes, Benji say hello to the nice man and show him the
    special wallet you got for your birthday, show him the other Benji.

Cop: Keep the speed down sir, this is Canada, speed limits are posted and taken seriously.
    Ma'am, best of luck to you and the boy eh
    fyp
    uh huh, thas it fo sho

dumbfuck holiday 3

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Didn't have my car on this trip. It was a rental SUV.

You seem to be misunderstanding what a speed trap is. Are you aware that many corrupt localities adjust the speed limit artificially low for purposes of revenue, and post cops there to generate this revenue from unsuspecting visitors?

That's what happened here.

This was not a case of unsafe driving. I was snared in a speed trap.

Fuck the Banff city government.

I probably will end up paying it if I can't find any way around it, but that's only because I want to return to Canuckland at some point, and don't want bullshit when they run my passport.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Checked into this before I went on the trip.

Radar detectors are legal in all of the western US and western Canada.

I am aware they are illegal in Ontario. Last time I was there, I did not use it for that reason.

Thread Information