Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Traffic ticket in Alberta -- what is the consequence for not paying?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Many of you here are incredible faggots and must be the government's bitch on a regular basis.

That's all I'll say for now.

I will be investigating options (though not putting all that much time and/or effort into it), and will report back with updates.

It is possible that I will also end up choosing to be the government's bitch in this situation, but not out of moral obligation.
    Is this really druff?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Many of you here are incredible faggots and must be the government's bitch on a regular basis.

That's all I'll say for now.

I will be investigating options (though not putting all that much time and/or effort into it), and will report back with updates.

It is possible that I will also end up choosing to be the government's bitch in this situation, but not out of moral obligation.
    Is this really druff?
    What Would Marty Do?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Fuck 'em Druff .

your not paying it whatever.
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I was inspired and moved by your post Druff.

In cooperation with local law enforcement I have purchased these signs for a private way.

We chop all civil forfeiture.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Comments
    limitles: I like this but don't know if I totally get it

I have a speeding problem with my customers. I do have a private way. So I am fucking with them.

For a few hundred bucks I will generate a great deal of attention and conversation regarding driving - that I will diffuse in a couple of days.

I do have a reputation for being a little off - so those with a brain and know me will know what the message is immediately. The rest will twist for a few days and that's great too.

Civil forfeiture is a joke I so much wanted to share with the town when I told them my plan. I had to amuse myself.

The_Lurker Wins is just a watermark I put on my photos when the authenticity might be in doubt. Yeah, it's more bizarre behavior but again I'm my best audience

Comments

limitles: omg you think like me and carry a big stick

Load Metric
    You gotta remember that ticket is in Canadian dollars so only about $8.54 American.

That's how me & simpdog got tricked into backing that fucking OSA guy into a WSOP event. We thought it was $150 CAD each or just under $5 USD & said why the fuck not.

Comments

Sanlmar: Lol
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I run so bad that I was in Canada during the peak of the C$.

Was 74c-75c for a long time, then went to 80 for my visit, now it's at 79 and heading down again.

Load Metric
    I run so bad that I was in Canada during the peak of the C$.

Was 74c-75c for a long time, then went to 80 for my visit, now it's at 79 and heading down again.

If you think it is going to go down further, wait till the last second to pay it! On the flip side it may appreciate more...
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Mountain Avenue is a long road which goes downhill, and you travel a long way without any traffic lights, intersections, or pedestrians crossing back and forth.

Just after the curve (which isn't nearly as sharp as it looks on the map), they hit you with the laser gun and pull you over.

I'm not saying people should be zooming down this street, but you actually have to ride the brakes to keep as low as 45 kph.

Druff,

Through the magic of Google Earth, I've found satellite and street view pics that, if up-to-date, suggest that perhaps you need to be a bit more observant of street signs when driving in unfamiliar territory. Because based on where you identified the "speed trap", and the location of road signs that should have been clearly visible to even moderately conscientious driver, my guess is that you will have an uphill battle getting the authorities there to wave your ticket. Here's why.

Section of the map above showing road and "speed trap" zoomed in somewhat.

Name:  IMG_6981.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  57.3 KB

Roughly comparable satellite image from Google Earth.

Name:  IMG_6982.JPG
Views: 265
Size:  563.1 KB

Same sat image zoomed in somewhat, with location of "speed trap" indicated by red arrow, and your direction indicated by blue arrow.

Name:  IMG_6983.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  526.8 KB

Closer zoomed sat image, now showing "speed trap" (red arrow), and locations of two relevant road signs visible in your direction of travel.

Name:  IMG_6984.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  442.9 KB

And here are street views of those two road signs...

(1) speed of 40 KPH or less recommended ahead.

Name:  IMG_6986.JPG
Views: 292
Size:  224.6 KB

(2) 40 KPH speed limit ahead.

Name:  IMG_6987.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  344.0 KB

Meaning, if a motorist didn't see the "recommendation" sign, hopefully, they saw the "40 KPH speed limit ahead" sign. And both of those signs were before the road curves to the right.

So, where did the speed limit actually drop to 40 KPH on this road? Just before the first intersection after the road curves to the right, and immediately before where you indicated the location of the "speed trap".

Here's a closeup sat image of that area.

Name:  IMG_6988.JPG
Views: 292
Size:  424.6 KB

Here, the red arrow shows the location of that sign.

Name:  IMG_6989.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  252.6 KB

And a bit closer.

Name:  IMG_6990.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  219.8 KB

If the location of the beginning of the 40 KPH region has been moved up the road, but the signage hasn't changed, perhaps you have a case. But if not, it looks like you were just not observant enough of the street signs while sight-seeing there.

Good luck, sir.

Comments

limitles: Solid work. I assume that's the long arm of the law in some of those shots

GrenadaRoger: great work...now we can move Druff from solid self-absorbed to petty narcissist
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Druff claimed the entire Mountain Ave road was 45km/h, it looks like that isn't true according to those pics mumbles found. Unless the pics are wrong it's a well signed drop in speed right as you enter the residential area with uncontrolled intersections.

Here are the bylaws for the town of banff. All highways and roads within the township must be 40km/h or less if it's a playground or school zone.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...C1K7m6_I4p4hug

Name:  Screenshot_2017-08-17-07-35-15.png
Views: 365
Size:  383.0 KB
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 08-17-2017 at 05:35 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Druff claimed the entire Mountain Ave road was 45km/h, it looks like that isn't true according to those pics mumbles found. Unless the pics are wrong it's a well signed drop in speed right as you enter the residential area with uncontrolled intersections.

Here are the bylaws for the town of banff. All highways and roads within the township must be 40km/h or less if it's a playground or school zone.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...C1K7m6_I4p4hug

Name:  Screenshot_2017-08-17-07-35-15.png
Views: 365
Size:  383.0 KB
    Before it turns to 40 KPH, the speed limit is 60 KPH. Here's a speed limit sign on Mountain Ave shortly after leaving the Gondola heading towards Banff.

Name:  IMG_6991.PNG
Views: 281
Size:  1.73 MB

To be frank, spotting and correctly reading street signs is a huge part of driving truck for a living and not get your paycheck sucked away by fines, followed by becoming unemployable as a driver if the tickets pile up.

And you need not be a big rig driver to be appropriately concerned about signs.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    LoL what do you know. Druff was coming up on a residential neighborhood when he got his ticket

Name:  20907147_10100355475836149_471213253_o.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  220.3 KB
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Guys, stop letting facts get in the way of SJW Druff's outrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    In Druff's defense (partially), IMO, having driven about 400,000 miles over the past few years as a trucker, those simple black-lettering-on-white speed limit signs need a colorful-and-reflective-at-night upgrade to what Texas DOT is currently experimenting with.

Name:  IMG_6992.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  78.1 KB

http://www.my35.org/news/newsletters...peed-limit.htm

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was inspired and moved by your post Druff.

In cooperation with local law enforcement I have purchased these signs for a private way.

We chop all civil forfeiture.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Comments

I have a speeding problem with my customers. I do have a private way. So I am fucking with them.

For a few hundred bucks I will generate a great deal of attention and conversation regarding driving - that I will diffuse in a couple of days.

I do have a reputation for being a little off - so those with a brain and know me will know what the message is immediately. The rest will twist for a few days and that's great too.

Civil forfeiture is a joke I so much wanted to share with the town when I told them my plan. I had to amuse myself.

The_Lurker Wins is just a watermark I put on my photos when the authenticity might be in doubt. Yeah, it's more bizarre behavior but again I'm my best audience
    Been thinking about this speeding customer thing. Whatever your selling must be good if they're speeding to get to it. But seriously, I hate speeders in residential areas and have thought of ways of getting back or preventing them from doing so.

1) Semi-automatic water sprinklers with joy stick. I have a biker who goes to work early and chooses to come down my street for some reason. You wait for that lovely Harley sound approaching from a mile away and set your sprinkler sites on the road instead of the lawn.

2) Automatic beach ball re-leaser .This works for all vehicles. A ramp, some beach balls or any ball for that matter and a drone to video the hi-jinks. Harmless enough but anyone seeing a ball roll out into the street knows little Johnny could be right behind.

In both cases you want the motorist to see what's ahead. No surprises.

Or you can just huck pennies at the bastards and run.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Comments

Been thinking about this speeding customer thing. Whatever your selling must be good if they're speeding to get to it. But seriously, I hate speeders in residential areas and have thought of ways of getting back or preventing them from doing so.

1) Semi-automatic water sprinklers with joy stick. I have a biker who goes to work early and chooses to come down my street for some reason. You wait for that lovely Harley sound approaching from a mile away and set your sprinkler sites on the road instead of the lawn.

2) Automatic beach ball re-leaser .This works for all vehicles. A ramp, some beach balls or any ball for that matter and a drone to video the hi-jinks. Harmless enough but anyone seeing a ball roll out into the street knows little Johnny could be right behind.

This will always be my favorite traffic control

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post

Love it. Used to do it on the regular. Guy following too close behind is out of luck. And what would anyone do to some fine young lads havin a go at the motorists. Mud balls were our chase inducers. Saskatchewan mud is perfect for hitting and sticking. Eventually graduated to bus balls.

Got my comeuppance years later while on a bus, when a friend spotted a purse on the sidewalk. We got off right away and saw the purse pull away on a string as we went to grab it. Little fuckers

Load Metric

Love it. Used to do it on the regular. Guy following too close behind is out of luck. And what would anyone do to some fine young lads havin a go at the motorists. Mud balls were our chase inducers. Saskatchewan mud is perfect for hitting and sticking. Eventually graduated to bus balls.

Got my comeuppance years later while on a bus, when a friend spotted a purse on the sidewalk. We got off right away and saw the purse pull away on a string as we went to grab it. Little fuckers
    Do you realize that in some states in the US, those pranksters could be charged with "distracting motorists" (or something similarly worded), which would convey liability on them for causing that accident? And that would mean their parent's would likely be on the hook for the damages/injuries in that accident?

Load Metric

As a kid in Phoenix we used to throw oranges and grapefruit at cars. We were the object of some fantastic chases down alleys, hopping fences and all that.

Never took a beating. GG.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Do you realize that in some states in the US, those pranksters could be charged with "distracting motorists" (or something similarly worded), which would convey liability on them for causing that accident? And that would mean their parent's would likely be on the hook for the damages/injuries in that accident?
    You have to catch them first and we weren't into that. Also

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    woah

we broke Druff.

Druff, you have a moral obligation: and that's to be a safe driver to all the other users on a road. including pedestrians, cyclists, other cars, people on horseback.

or do you think you're morally obligated to just do whatever the fuck you want like an entitled 5 year old.

Look at your post dude. Calling us faggots because we're telling you to not waste your time (or someone elses) on a matter that's so trivial.

now we're all government bitches because we're telling you that you're being a prick and to just pay your $250 fine and move on.

you were on vacation. your vacation cost you an extra $250. are you REALLY that mad?
    https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...Arguing-on-PFA

Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Comments

SrslySirius: lol I completely forgot about that flowchart
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Thread Information