Weird story, but I believe it:

Quote Originally Posted by Czar Chasm
I stayed at the Rio for 3 days in July and one night while I was out a pipe burst and there was water shooting out of the toilet in my room. I got back to see my entire floor flooded, where unfortunately I had left my backpack with my $2100 laptop in it. Some other more minor items got ruined as well.

So I filled out the report with security, not once did anyone ever reach out to me, and over the course of a month I called many times and never once received a callback like they promised every time. Seems like their strategy is to just wait and hope the customer forgets about it or gives up. Finally I got angry with one of the reps, demanded to speak to a manager and made a big fuss which prompted them to spring into action. They now acknowledge that the claim is accurate and that it was their fault, but say the most they are allowed to pay any claim by law is $750.

What a crock of shit! Is that actually the law there? I couldn't find anything about it online. Should I bother trying to sue, which seems like it would cost as much as I'd make if I won? Or do I just have to take this one on the chin? Unfortunately I have to take into consideration that I need Ceasars more than they need me (WSOP). So pissed off right now...
The above is from 2+2, in this thread: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/10...dvice-1681924/