Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Had a stroke in July due to blood pressure

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeters View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    DrPeters - my sis is an OBGYN so heart disease isn't her area of expertise but my old man has had 5 heart attacks and she has access to all the studies behind the scenes that doctors evaluate. Of course don't follow my advice but look into it - there is increasing evidence that a low sodium, zero sugar but higher fat diet is very healthy for humans in general and in particular those with heart disease. I'll ask her to send me some studies but that's how we all eat now. Low carb, high fat, zero sugar and I am lean as hell (down 75lbs since I quit drinking), very good hunger control and steady moods. My old man is 82, had quadruple bypass a year ago and he is also eating this way and I think he's the healthiest I've seen him in 20 years.
    thanks for the suggestion peter, i will definitely look into it
    Here is one article on the subject. The new line of thinking is that low saturated fats are excellent for us. Avocados, fish, eggs, nuts, cheese, chia seeds, extra virgin olive oil are all good sources of fat and they also curb cravings.

http://www.dukedietandfitness.org/ca...-heart-disease

My sister and my old man's cardiologist put him on a low carb, higher fat diet (all fats from good sources) and he is looking great, down in weight and food cravings are diminished.

I'm also eating that way, typical breakfast for me is 3 eggs, cheese and an avocado. Lunch I'll have a salad with nuts, cheese, avocado and chicken or some meat. Usually a snack of some fatty source and for dinner I'll have a high fat fish like salmon (max 2 times per week), chicken, steak occassionally and I don't worry about fatty cuts. If I'm hungry I'll eat a piece of dark chocolate before bed. At 40 years old I'm as lean and light as I was when I was playing pro tennis at 19, I'm injury and inflammation free and I'm a happy mother fucker.

I'm also very lucky, my wife is a hell of a cook and I'm a sexist bastard so we live an old school gender role type of life. She cooks me a kick ass healthy meal nightly so it makes eating this way very easy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeters View Post

thanks for the suggestion peter, i will definitely look into it
    Here is one article on the subject. The new line of thinking is that low saturated fats are excellent for us. Avocados, fish, eggs, nuts, cheese, chia seeds, extra virgin olive oil are all good sources of fat and they also curb cravings.

http://www.dukedietandfitness.org/ca...-heart-disease

My sister and my old man's cardiologist put him on a low carb, higher fat diet (all fats from good sources) and he is looking great, down in weight and food cravings are diminished.

I'm also eating that way, typical breakfast for me is 3 eggs, cheese and an avocado. Lunch I'll have a salad with nuts, cheese, avocado and chicken or some meat. Usually a snack of some fatty source and for dinner I'll have a high fat fish like salmon (max 2 times per week), chicken, steak occassionally and I don't worry about fatty cuts. If I'm hungry I'll eat a piece of dark chocolate before bed. At 40 years old I'm as lean and light as I was when I was playing pro tennis at 19, I'm injury and inflammation free and I'm a happy mother fucker.

I'm also very lucky, my wife is a hell of a cook and I'm a sexist bastard so we live an old school gender role type of life. She cooks me a kick ass healthy meal nightly so it makes eating this way very easy.
    thanks for the article, and u r a lucky man to have a wife that actually knows how to cook and does cook

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

Good post and you make a good point about feeling good based on food you eat.

While it can be debated how much genetics plays a role, there is really no doubt in my mind that the food you eat effects the way you feel. People that dismiss this generally are people that have been eating shitty their whole lives so they dont know there is any other way to feel. With that said, I drink too much so you can say i am being hypercritical which would be fair. However, I realize that having two vices is worse than one. I never liked sweets so it has been easy for me to stay away from sugar. I also dont have a big thing on "food." For example, some people cant wait for lunch to have sweet and sour pork, I just know it would make me feel sick. You are absolutely right that if you stop eating sugar and then re introduce it in large amounts your body gets pissed off. It is almost like drinking for a long time, stopping, and then drinking heavily again. Your body isnt ready for the poison and has no tolerance.

I pretty much each the same shit every day:

Breakfast - Two hard boiled eggs, coffee or piece of toast with peanut butter (no added sugar)

Lunch - Some kind of mexican salad or Lebanese bowl. No rice in any of the bowls and no chips or tortillas for mexican bowl . Pork, chicken, steak or gyro. Avocados are great, beans, tomatoes, etc

Snacks - packs of almonds and Epic Pork rinds.

Dinner - Some sort of meat, usually fish, salad . I throw in some broccoli sprouts everyday as there has been some interesting studies on those.

I also run 5 miles a day, 6-1 and fluctuate between 180-190. I also go in the sauna every other day for 20 mins as there is some interesting studies on sauna use and longevity.

If you are a drinker, beer is the worst for putting on weight. Anything distilled (like whiskey) has way less of an impact on weight gain.

There are really no longer term clinical trials on nutrition (comparing one diet against another) so a lot of it is speculation as to if a diet plays any sort of role in longevity. But who cares. If you are going to live to 75 regardless of what you eat, I would think you would want to do so with as much energy as possible and to feel good as much as possible.

Why are you acting as if you've somehow stumbled across "some interesting studies" and just admit you heard it on Joe rogans podcast

Load Metric

I am not smart enough to comment on what alcohol does to your blood sugar levels once it enters your body. However, i always thought beer and liquor have very small amounts of sugar in them. My understanding is that the real danger with sugar and alcohol is in the mixed drinks.

I actually have pretty good discipline when it comes to beer/liquor and food. Even when drinking, i am really good with sticking to no sugars and grains. Also, drinking a bunch of beer and eating chips, pizza, or whatever the snack there is around, just makes me sick.

Gambling is another story. I dont even like to gamble unless i am drinking. I find it completely boring without the booze.
    Alcohol is generally a carb and will convert to sugars, it will raise your blood sugars and then dramatically reduce them in huge levels. This is also another contributing factor to wanting more booze.
    This is a commonly believed myth. In actually, the liver converts alcohol into fat. An alcoholic former relative my marriage who became Type II loved that he could drink a shitload of martinis nightly and never have it affect his blood sugar.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Alcohol is generally a carb and will convert to sugars, it will raise your blood sugars and then dramatically reduce them in huge levels. This is also another contributing factor to wanting more booze.
    This is a commonly believed myth. In actually, the liver converts alcohol into fat. An alcoholic former relative my marriage who became Type II loved that he could drink a shitload of martinis nightly and never have it affect his blood sugar.
    Sounds like you're party right, bad day when you don't learn something. According to this article over time alcohol abuse still will wreak havoc on blood sugar levels. It's likely that I never craved sweets when I drank because I did often consume soft drinks and the night of drinking or the next day I'd eat extremely high sugar and high sodium foods.

http://answers.webmd.com/answers/116...ct-blood-sugar

Load Metric

Sounds like you're party right, bad day when you don't learn something. According to this article over time alcohol abuse still will wreak havoc on blood sugar levels. It's likely that I never craved sweets when I drank because I did often consume soft drinks and the night of drinking or the next day I'd eat extremely high sugar and high sodium foods.

http://answers.webmd.com/answers/116...ct-blood-sugar
    Research has shown that acute consumption increases insulin secretion, causing low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), and can also impair the hormonal response that would normally rectify the low blood sugar. Drinking as little as 2 ounces of alcohol on an empty stomach can lead to very low blood sugar levels. This makes alcohol an even bigger problem for anyone with diabetes. Along with the impact on blood sugar, studies have also shown that alcohol can impact the effectiveness of the hypoglycemic medications, so extreme caution needs to be taken when consuming alcohol by anyone with diabetes.
    This is probably referering to Type I diabetes, as the key problem with Type I is *regulating* insulin levels. That's why Type I's should always have sugary snacks on hand in case their insulin unexpectedly spikes, which causes blood sugar to be absorbed too quickly by the muscles, which then causes blood sugar to dangerously plummet. Blacking out and coma could follow. In high school, a classmate who was Type I once passed out sitting behind me. Fortunately, the teacher knew immediately what do do, as he also was Type I: He rushed over to her, propped her, yelling at her to wake up, and fed her some fruit juice he kept in a desk.

In contrast, Type II diabetes is a problem of resistance to insulin,, which causes the sugar absorbed during digestion to accululate in the blood. The worse the resistance, the higher the blood sugar levels go. So, while the muscles are starving for the sugar that is circulating in the blood, which causes lethargy, that unabsorbed sugar eventually gets converted into fat. That's why Type IIs tend to get fatter the worse their case gets, while Type I's can have the opposite problem because the body tends to overreact at times and produce too much insulin at once, crashing blood sugar levels, which then stimulates metabolizing stored fat for energy.

As such, Type Is should definitely avoid alcohol, but Type IIs don't that problem. That alcoholic Type II former relative-by-marriage is still drunkily kicking around some ten years or so after I last saw his assholishness in the flesh.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 08-05-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Druff wants to blame his high blood pressure on genetics so he can continue drinking his Pepsi and Orange Juice and gobbling up his pizza and subway sandwiches with tomatoes on the side. Maybe his entire family has bad eating habits, especially being Jews and their love for bagels which are full of sugar. Do an experiment Todd, cut the carbs for the rest of the year and lets see if your blood pressure becomes normal. I will bet that it does.
    If Druff reduced his sodium under 1500mg per day, eliminated refined sugars, dropped a few lbs I'd be willing to take a bet that his blood pressure improves dramatically, hard to say if it gets to a normal level because genetics play a huge role. I also agree that him believing his purely genetic allows him to continue with a behaviour he enjoys and doesn't want to quit (eating like shit). How do you know for sure what your family genetics are, Druff? It's very hard to study because eating patterns are generally passed down from parents. If most of your family eats like shit and heart disease/high blood pressure is an issue you won't know if it's genetic. Why not take a crack at living healthy for a year and find out the truth? It's a tough month changing the habits but well worth it, you'll also break a cycle and pass down a gift to your son that will improve everything about his life.

Sorry if I seem preachy, I just feel so fucking good with the changes I've made the last few years and I'd love to see others do the same.
    I eat the most fat and sugar of any family member. I also eat the most by volume of any family member.

My mom naturally has a small appetite and therefore eats small portions and never gets fat. She doesn't even have to try to keep her weight down. My brother and sister inherited that, so they also stay thin with little effort. As you've probably seen on Live at the Bike, I did not inherit that. I'm actually the opposite. I can eat massive amounts of food at one sitting.

The only reason I'm not a complete fatass is because I wake up with very little appetite, and it stays that way for several hours, so the first half of my day sees very low caloric intake.

But back to blood pressure and cholesterol. My brother, who eats very differently than I do, has very similar cholesterol and blood pressure numbers (without medication) to me. In fact, his blood pressure went up at an earlier age than mine did (mine stayed normal until I was 42). Both of us have very good cholesterol numbers and need no medication for it. At the moment, my sister has a problem with neither, but she is almost 8 years younger than me.

My parents both developed moderate blood pressure issues around age 40 -- approximately the time it showed up for myself and my brother.

Oddly, they also have moderate cholesterol issues which also showed up around age 40, but so far my brother and I have dodged that.

But the point is that, with different eating habits, my brother and I followed a very similar pattern for cholesterol and blood pressure, and that's not a coincidence.

I am not trying to make the case for unhealthy eating, but at the same time, it's important to be realistic as to what unhealthy eating actually causes and what it does not cause.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    P.S. In CDL school, we were warned to not have Benadryl on our trucks, as DOT could issue a violation for having a banned drug on board, and declare a driver "Out of Service" on the spot for a minimum of 10 hours.

What Do Truck Drivers Need To Know About Allergy Meds?
    https://www.nationalretailsystems.co...-allergy-meds/

To help truck drivers distinguish between legal and harmful drugs, the FAA and DOT have provided guidelines for acceptable over-the-counter medications for allergy relief. These include Sudafed (Pseudoephedrine) and Entex (Phenylpropanolamine) as long as they are not combined with an antihistamine as well as Claritin (Loratadine), Clarinex (Desloratadine) and Allegra (Fexofenadine) while an unapproved cold medication is Benedryl.

Some medications, such as antihistamines, can easily cause a person to become sleepy and dull their senses, cause drowsiness, confusion, and impaired co-ordination and decongestants can cause insomnia and nervousness. While antihistamines are known to reduce allergy symptoms, some over-the-counter antihistamines can have the same effect on a person as consuming

Not to deviate to far from the topic but many of the comments re: diet, heredity, Benadryl and caffeine inspire me to share...

I'm fairly healthy, very active and conscientious about what I put in my body. For years, I have, for the most part, followed a macrobiotic diet. I stray from it to indulge in a few things: bacon or prosciutto, a well prepared filet, cherry twizzlers or Diet Coke/sugar free Red Bull. In addition to that, I have severe ADHD - I was dx'ed around 12 years old.

My point? Sometime in my late 20s, I developed two maladies (not sure they are truly maladies but will call it that) which may have arisen concurrently or may be mutually exclusive and a matter of coincidental timing. First, is hypoglycemia. When symptoms arose, I was SURE that I had sudden onset narcolepsy. It turns out, if I consume any type of candy, cookies, useless carbohydrates- my blood sugar spikes and I fall asleep on the spot. I feel immediately hung over for 24 hours when this happens.

In addition to that, where caffeine acts as an upper for most people, it has the opposite effect on me. It's the same as sugar. Red Bull sends me straight to sleep. If I can't sleep, I brew espresso and it's lights out in 5 minutes.

The last part I should mention is that I have taken various dosages of amphetamines over the past 20 years to manage my ADHD. Vyanvase and Ritalin X-R knock me out. I would take a 40 mg dose and sleep like a baby within an hour. Adderall IR 40 mg works moderately well - meaning I have about 2-3 hours of precision concentration followed by 8 hours of headache and grogginess/zero concentration - unless I re-dose. I would have days where I'd easily take 120 mg a day just to handle everything I needed to do in a day. The chase was in no way worth the wind down and where most humans would be wired for days on end, I simply would feel, "normal."

When I first went to my PCP re: the sugar crashing, my doctor had no idea what the issue was and suggested INCREASING my adderall rx by an additional 40 mg a day - to maintain alertness. How fucking irresponsible is that? As it was, I was averaging 40-60mg already. Shockingly, I there are numerous studies on the very contrarian effect of most stimulants on ADHD sufferers. Yet, outside of rx'ing more stimulants, he had nothing to offer.

I took it upon myself to get nutrigenomix testing done (very interesting and highly recommend to anyone suffering inexplicable sleep/dietary issues.) It was determined that I have a rare genetic disorder involving CYP1A2 and my mechanism metabolize stimulants. I changed my entire diet, quit all the meth I was taking for my boredom/lack of interest (note, this is sarcasm), I do not take any otc drugs of any type and generally feel good 99% of the time. I do keep adderall on hand for long drives/emergency situations-maybe once every 3 months.

I have yet to find a qualified medical professional explain why my metabolism is so odd - and I've learned to adapt to how things effect me - I pay the price if I deviate from my regular diet and/or don't read labels.

The real point, we're all different. I'd love to say, the answer is "more drugs are better," because there is still a degen part of me that believes it to be true - but it's not. There is no universality to anything - but one thing is for certain, clean eating / not fucking with stimulants or opiates and being active help quash or prevent most medical/psychological issues.

Stepping off my soap box.

Comments

MumblesBadly: The rare genetic exemptions are why "tend to" is usually important to include when describing how people commonly react to diets, drugs, etc.

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Unsure why formatting is awful above - posting from phone. Waiting for impending harsh criticism....

Comments

MumblesBadly: You accidently removed the [/quote] when editing my comments in reply. It easily happens. You can edit it back in if you are feeling anally compulsive (like I often get when I do it).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    P.S. In CDL school, we were warned to not have Benadryl on our trucks, as DOT could issue a violation for having a banned drug on board, and declare a driver "Out of Service" on the spot for a minimum of 10 hours.

Not to deviate to far from the topic but many of the comments re: diet, heredity, Benadryl and caffeine inspire me to share...

I'm fairly healthy, very active and conscientious about what I put in my body. For years, I have, for the most part, followed a macrobiotic diet. I stray from it to indulge in a few things: bacon or prosciutto, a well prepared filet, cherry twizzlers or Diet Coke/sugar free Red Bull. In addition to that, I have severe ADHD - I was dx'ed around 12 years old.

My point? Sometime in my late 20s, I developed two maladies (not sure they are truly maladies but will call it that) which may have arisen concurrently or may be mutually exclusive and a matter of coincidental timing. First, is hypoglycemia. When symptoms arose, I was SURE that I had sudden onset narcolepsy. It turns out, if I consume any type of candy, cookies, useless carbohydrates- my blood sugar spikes and I fall asleep on the spot. I feel immediately hung over for 24 hours when this happens.

In addition to that, where caffeine acts as an upper for most people, it has the opposite effect on me. It's the same as sugar. Red Bull sends me straight to sleep. If I can't sleep, I brew espresso and it's lights out in 5 minutes.

The last part I should mention is that I have taken various dosages of amphetamines over the past 20 years to manage my ADHD. Vyanvase and Ritalin X-R knock me out. I would take a 40 mg dose and sleep like a baby within an hour. Adderall IR 40 mg works moderately well - meaning I have about 2-3 hours of precision concentration followed by 8 hours of headache and grogginess/zero concentration - unless I re-dose. I would have days where I'd easily take 120 mg a day just to handle everything I needed to do in a day. The chase was in no way worth the wind down and where most humans would be wired for days on end, I simply would feel, "normal."

When I first went to my PCP re: the sugar crashing, my doctor had no idea what the issue was and suggested INCREASING my adderall rx by an additional 40 mg a day - to maintain alertness. How fucking irresponsible is that? As it was, I was averaging 40-60mg already. Shockingly, I there are numerous studies on the very contrarian effect of most stimulants on ADHD sufferers. Yet, outside of rx'ing more stimulants, he had nothing to offer.

I took it upon myself to get nutrigenomix testing done (very interesting and highly recommend to anyone suffering inexplicable sleep/dietary issues.) It was determined that I have a rare genetic disorder involving CYP1A2 and my mechanism metabolize stimulants. I changed my entire diet, quit all the meth I was taking for my boredom/lack of interest (note, this is sarcasm), I do not take any otc drugs of any type and generally feel good 99% of the time. I do keep adderall on hand for long drives/emergency situations-maybe once every 3 months.

I have yet to find a qualified medical professional explain why my metabolism is so odd - and I've learned to adapt to how things effect me - I pay the price if I deviate from my regular diet and/or don't read labels.

The real point, we're all different. I'd love to say, the answer is "more drugs are better," because there is still a degen part of me that believes it to be true - but it's not. There is no universality to anything - but one thing is for certain, clean eating / not fucking with stimulants or opiates and being active help quash or prevent most medical/psychological issues.

That's fascinating. Where did you get your testing done, and when? What was their recommendation based on your rare condition?
    HILLARY WON

An Actual Female
    Load Metric

Mosquito bites turning dark & looking ugly -- am I going to die of Mosquito Super AIDS??

Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    That's fascinating. Where did you get your testing done, and when? What was their recommendation based on your rare condition?

Cleveland Clinic. 2015.
    As far as recommendations: there isn't much (notwithstanding introducing more stimulants.) In lieu of that, I decided to stay off of the ones I was in (withdrawal was a complete nightmare) and cease using anything pharmaceutical unless absolutely necessary. If I know exactly what I'm ingesting/ put into my body....I know precisely how I'm going to feel. It's all about prevention.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; 08-05-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

It turns out, if I consume any type of candy, cookies, useless carbohydrates- my blood sugar spikes and I fall asleep on the spot...

If I can't sleep, I brew espresso and it's lights out in 5 minutes...

I would take a 40 mg dose and sleep like a baby within an hour...

I would have days where I'd easily take 120 mg a day just to handle everything I needed to do in a day....

It was determined that I have a rare genetic disorder...

I have yet to find a qualified medical professional explain why my metabolism is so odd...

I no longer practice medicine but I would chalk most of this up to that whole not being human thing.

Comments

Kilgore Trout: Paging Dr. Clit....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Druff wants to blame his high blood pressure on genetics so he can continue drinking his Pepsi and Orange Juice and gobbling up his pizza and subway sandwiches with tomatoes on the side. Maybe his entire family has bad eating habits, especially being Jews and their love for bagels which are full of sugar. Do an experiment Todd, cut the carbs for the rest of the year and lets see if your blood pressure becomes normal. I will bet that it does.
    If Druff reduced his sodium under 1500mg per day, eliminated refined sugars, dropped a few lbs I'd be willing to take a bet that his blood pressure improves dramatically, hard to say if it gets to a normal level because genetics play a huge role. I also agree that him believing his purely genetic allows him to continue with a behaviour he enjoys and doesn't want to quit (eating like shit). How do you know for sure what your family genetics are, Druff? It's very hard to study because eating patterns are generally passed down from parents. If most of your family eats like shit and heart disease/high blood pressure is an issue you won't know if it's genetic. Why not take a crack at living healthy for a year and find out the truth? It's a tough month changing the habits but well worth it, you'll also break a cycle and pass down a gift to your son that will improve everything about his life.

Sorry if I seem preachy, I just feel so fucking good with the changes I've made the last few years and I'd love to see others do the same.
    Not preachy at all. You actually have inspired me to quit drinking for a few weeks and see how that goes. Also, never really considered salt intake to the level you have it down. Started on the no drinking yesterday and on day 2. Besides some weird dreams and some minor sweats not bad so far. Have some benzos around in case it gets real bad but doubt will get to that level.

On another note, I know several people that had high blood pressure in their family history and they also had high blood pressure. However, once they changed their diets their blood pressure went to normal. My point is if you have high blood pressure you may as well try a diet change first and see if that brings it back to normal. If not, then so be it and then take meds. Also, something that is never really is taked about. Just because your family has a history of high blood pressure, it doesn't necessarily mean their is a genetic component to it. So many families as a whole eat like shit, that the family history of high blood pressure could have been created by a bad diet.

Load Metric

Not preachy at all. You actually have inspired me to quit drinking for a few weeks and see how that goes. Also, never really considered salt intake to the level you have it down. Started on the no drinking yesterday and on day 2. Besides some weird dreams and some minor sweats not bad so far. Have some benzos around in case it gets real bad but doubt will get to that level.

On another note, I know several people that had high blood pressure in their family history and they also had high blood pressure. However, once they changed their diets their blood pressure went to normal. My point is if you have high blood pressure you may as well try a diet change first and see if that brings it back to normal. If not, then so be it and then take meds. Also, something that is never really is taked about. Just because your family has a history of high blood pressure, it doesn't necessarily mean their is a genetic component to it. So many families as a whole eat like shit, that the family history of high blood pressure could have been created by a bad diet.
    Some clarification about how family history can affect heart disease is prolly needed here to help lessen the confusion and counter-claim posts on this matter...

Research shows that diet, exercise, genetics, fetal development, and epigenetics can affect the incidence of chronic disease. But for those among us who want to point the finger away from ourselves, watch this fascinating discussion of how the latter are "to blame".

P.S. But it also points out how we can affect the health of our *grand*children decades before they are born. (Talk about guilt tripping!)

Load Metric
    That's cool cmoney, let me know how it goes. If you want any suggestions or help I went through it a few years ago. I'm really interested in updates if you care to share amongst these savages.

Mumbles, will check that video out a bit later today.

Load Metric

Some clarification about how family history can affect heart disease is prolly needed here to help lessen the confusion and counter-claim posts on this matter...

Research shows that diet, exercise, genetics, fetal development, and epigenetics can affect the incidence of chronic disease. But for those among us who want to point the finger away from ourselves, watch this fascinating discussion of how the latter are "to blame".

P.S. But it also points out how we can affect the health of our *grand*children decades before they are born. (Talk about guilt tripping!)
    Thanks for the video, great stuff. My wife had a baby this past Wednesday, 8lbs 3oz! She also ate incredibly all pregnancy long. That video made me feel pretty damn good about my son's start to this world.

Comments

SysOp: congrats

hongkonger: Comgrats

Hockey Guy: Good stuff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Interesting story.

Caffeine does not act as a "downer" to me, but it does not prevent me from falling asleep. I can consume a lot of caffeine and it will have zero effect on my ability to go to sleep. About 5 years ago, I decided to ask my parents if they were the same way, and indeed, both parents can also sleep immediately after consuming caffeine. I asked my brother and sister, and it's the same situation with them.

Do either of your parents have any of the above conditions you described?

Load Metric
    That's cool cmoney, let me know how it goes. If you want any suggestions or help I went through it a few years ago. I'm really interested in updates if you care to share amongst these savages.

Thank you. Nearing the end of day two of not drinking . On east coast time and go to bed early. Definitely sucks but so far no worse than when I quit smoking ten years ago . Anxious and brain racing . No shakes . Called doctor friend and told me I was retarded to cold turkey given amount of daily consumption . He said tomorrow is probably when it will suck the most .

Load Metric

Thank you. Nearing the end of day two of not drinking . On east coast time and go to bed early. Definitely sucks but so far no worse than when I quit smoking ten years ago . Anxious and brain racing . No shakes . Called doctor friend and told me I was retarded to cold turkey given amount of daily consumption . He said tomorrow is probably when it will suck the most .
    Man, if you can go cold turkey and grind through the first week you're a fucking animal, I'll be impressed. Not many people can pull that off For me it took about 3 months of no booze to really feel the positive impact.

Load Metric
    how much do you drink per day cmoney?

Thread Information