Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Had a stroke in July due to blood pressure

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    This is what I love about many peoples ideas on addiction. Like this opioid "crisis" where people are calling for the banning of such prescribed medicines because they're a guaranteed handcart to hell. The fact is less than one percent of people administered opioids become addicted. (something like that)

Same with alchohol or anything else. Not a disease but a condition or disorder that some are predisposed to.

I spelled a;coho; wtomh sp bot perfecy

Load Metric
    just a little update for u guys. I got released from inpatient rehab/therapy today and am home now. a little trip to the emergency room on July 14th turned into a month long journey that has changed my life forever. as they say, the hard part has just begun... its so great to be home, but I still have 3-6 months of outpatient rehab to do till I can go back to work, but at least I get to be home and not stuck at rehab facility. I am happy to say, though slowly, I am walking without the assistance of a cane or walker, and every day I see improvement on my left side, its amazing what our bodies are capable of after a stroke. thank u for all the prayers and well wishes u guys it definitely helps and I will continue to update u guys on my progress, GODSPEED.

Comments

YUUP: All the best mate

MumblesBadly: Party on, Wayne!

gauchojake: Great news

Load Metric
    All the best drpeters!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hey Dr. good to hear your progress.
    Just before this thread was started I was feeling like hell and checked my b.p. The machine lit up, 178 over something bad, forget the second one. Long story short I quit for a few days, pressure went down, so I started drinking a couple a day and ended with a binge night of 6 or 8 beer. Checked my b.p. the next day and it was back to 155. On the wagon again I start getting tinnitus, which I always equated with high blood pressure.
    Did you experience any tinnitus? Also, before the stroke, sorry didn't read the whole thread, did you know something was coming?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Hey Dr. good to hear your progress.
    Just before this thread was started I was feeling like hell and checked my b.p. The machine lit up, 178 over something bad, forget the second one. Long story short I quit for a few days, pressure went down, so I started drinking a couple a day and ended with a binge night of 6 or 8 beer. Checked my b.p. the next day and it was back to 155. On the wagon again I start getting tinnitus, which I always equated with high blood pressure.
    Did you experience any tinnitus? Also, before the stroke, sorry didn't read the whole thread, did you know something was coming?
    never had any tinnitus, and also didn't see stroke coming, just young and dumb. all I can say is this shit has a lot to do with genetics. if ur parents or grandparents have history of high blood pressure, chances are good u do too. my mom has been on bp meds since her 20's and she is not fat and my dad never went to dr until he was 54 and was diagnosed with kidney cancer and died at 55, so I'm sure he had high bp amongst other things as well. so don't be dumb like me and just go see your dr and get checked out.

Load Metric
    DrPetters
    I have a feeling you will have a full recovery.

all the best...
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    DrPetters
    I have a feeling you will have a full recovery.

all the best...
    thank u baron, godspeed

Load Metric
    just an update for all yall. after having a life changing stroke on July 14th this year and losing function in my left side, especially in my arm and leg, I'm happy to report that I am going back to work on Monday and couldn't be happier! I've lost a total of 70 lbs since the stroke and am down to 235lbs and feel great. I'm walking and driving now like a normal person and it feels awesome! shot an 88 at the local golf course today and couldn't be more thankful for how lucky I am and not going to take anything for granted anymore. thanks again everyone for all ur well wishes and prayers, and everyone make sure u check ur blood pressure regularly, they don't call it the silent killer for nothing.

Comments

splitthis:

limitles: what ya have to go through to shoot an 88...good stuff

simply1:

BCR: Bravo sir!

gimmick:

peter mcneil:

MumblesBadly: Awesome news!

Hockey Guy: Fantastic & GL to you in the future.

Kilgore Trout: Great News, you are an inspiration. So glad you’re ok and Druff’s AIDS cleared up nicely.

Belly Buster: wp

IamGreek: OPA!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeters View Post
    just an update for all yall. after having a life changing stroke on July 14th this year and losing function in my left side, especially in my arm and leg, I'm happy to report that I am going back to work on Monday and couldn't be happier! I've lost a total of 70 lbs since the stroke and am down to 235lbs and feel great. I'm walking and driving now like a normal person and it feels awesome! shot an 88 at the local golf course today and couldn't be more thankful for how lucky I am and not going to take anything for granted anymore. thanks again everyone for all ur well wishes and prayers, and everyone make sure u check ur blood pressure regularly, they don't call it the silent killer for nothing.
    BUMP

Update?

After decades of dealing with untreated sleep apnea, I finally took action, and greatly eliminated my risk of a stroke, or worse.

Load Metric
    im doing well, thanks for asking. just trying to survive this crazy world we live in right now, lol. luckily I live in Texas and we are not locked down like some parts of the country and I have been able to work during this whole shutdown so I feel lucky and blessed. every day above ground is a good day!

Comments

shoeshine box: freerolling life!

IamGreek: OPA!

Thread Information