Thread: Why Does it Take Druff so Damn Long to Post the Radio Show?

Bronze
    Load Metric

Why Does it Take Druff so Damn Long to Post the Radio Show?

As a professional podcaster myself, producing and recording at least 1000 over the last fifteen years, it's not a hard process. Just record into a common free DAW like Audacity, do a little compression and export the damn thing as an .mp3. I know Druff breaks his record week after week of starting the show late (I woke up to take a piss at 8am CT this morning and he was still on air) but he could get it up within 10 minutes of the show being over. Now we see up to a 36 hour turnaround time.

Comments

splitthis: Ingrate

Gold
    Load Metric
    Druffs a lazy, comfort first type of guy

Load Metric
    I can’t complain with the way Druff goes about doing the radio show. I have been on the East Coast more than usual and I don’t typically get to hear more than the first hour or two live. He goes all out and puts so much work into the show. He sacrifices a whole night sleep. I understand if I don’t listen live it may be a day/day and a half until it’s up.

To ask him to edit this long ass show right after he pushes through to the early hours, I just don’t think is reasonable. If you don’t catch the show live you have to figure it may be 36 hours until he gets to edit it and put it up.

I am sure Druff has given thought to a happy medium, where he does an instant upload following the show and then replaces it after editing. I understand why that just wouldn’t make sense and would also tempt him to take longer editing if he has other things to do.

Comments

IamGreek: Editing is overrated

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post
    As a professional podcaster myself, producing and recording at least 1000 over the last fifteen years, it's not a hard process. Just record into a common free DAW like Audacity, do a little compression and export the damn thing as an .mp3. I know Druff breaks his record week after week of starting the show late (I woke up to take a piss at 8am CT this morning and he was still on air) but he could get it up within 10 minutes of the show being over. Now we see up to a 36 hour turnaround time.
    I understand your point Bart, but you also have what I am hoping is a profitable business in which you run. Druff is doing all this Pro-Bono. You have to give the guy immense credit for the time and effort he sacrifices just for the thank yous and maybe the occasional comped hotel room or whatever from time to time from the listeners.

Just to be clear, I am not criticizing you at all. But you do run a training site and that surely makes a difference when it comes to the content you put out there and the timeliness in which you do so. I think we can cut Druff a bit of slack.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Sonny or the lead singer of U2?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A professional podcaster? I guess that mean’s you could also be a professional ass.

Comments

gut: Coming around again

Bronze
    Load Metric

He has to edit all the fail ... including all those sips of Pepsi you hear live.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawknet View Post

He has to edit all the fail ... including all those sips of Pepsi you hear live.
    That’s kind of what I am getting at. I’m just giving Druff shit but I would like to know what kind of editing is going on on these shows. I’ve gotten caught up down the audio editing hole on certain pieces of content I’ve produced especially hand silencing one track of a phone call. You could spend 8 hours on 1 hour if you wanted to. But I mean what’s the point for a poker fraud show?

Btw, when I was taking a piss this morning on the live show Druff was talking about some crazy chick that was going to come to UCSB back in ‘91 one weekend just to have sex with him. Shockingly she never showed up. Then he met some chick from Oakland on a “party line” (even I’m too young to know what that is) and she flew him up to Oakland for a visit. Unfortunately for Druff she also managed her family’s storage facility and Druff was left with nothing to do for hours. He entertained himself by bouncing a super ball.

Just pure radio gold.. I hope all the above makes the final cut.

Load Metric
    Bart thinking he's Joe Rogan here.

Load Metric

That’s kind of what I am getting at. I’m just giving Druff shit but I would like to know what kind of editing is going on on these shows. I’ve gotten caught up down the audio editing hole on certain pieces of content I’ve produced especially hand silencing one track of a phone call. You could spend 8 hours on 1 hour if you wanted to. But I mean what’s the point for a poker fraud show?

Btw, when I was taking a piss this morning on the live show Druff was talking about some crazy chick that was going to come to UCSB back in ‘91 one weekend just to have sex with him. Shockingly she never showed up. Then he met some chick from Oakland on a “party line” (even I’m too young to know what that is) and she flew him up to Oakland for a visit. Unfortunately for Druff she also managed her family’s storage facility and Druff was left with nothing to do for hours. He entertained himself by bouncing a super ball.

fitting activity for the show
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Actualy it was the same girl! Very irritating story! I only told it because we talked about Sparks, NV, and she was from there.

Over a 3 year period (1990-1993), she kept promising to come down and fuck me (her idea, not mine), and always flaked at the last minute. On the first time she promised (before I knew what a flake she was), she told a mutual acquaintance in my dorm that she was coming to do this, so the word spread around, and everyone kept coming to my room every 10 minutes to see if she was there yet. It was embarrassing when she never showed up, after all the hype.

Every time she flaked, I got pissed and stopped talking to her, but eventually she'd beg for me to talk to her again, and the same cycle would occur. Same bullshit promises to come see me and have sex all weekend, same disappearance at the last minute, same list of nonsense excuses. Keep in mind that none of this was ever my idea, so it's not like I was pressuring her to do it.

Finally, nearly 3 years after all this crap started, she bought me a plane ticket from LA to Oakland to come meet her and finally spend the weekend together. I just had a bad breakup of my first "long" relationship, so I felt this would be a good distraction, and did it.

Entire weekend turned out to be a fail, as it turned out she lived with Grandma on the premises of a storage facitilty (which granny owned), and most of the time I was sitting around twiddling my thumbs while she was working, or she dragged me around town while running errands. Eventually we got into some arguments about some silly shit, and she actually called up the airline and changed my plane ticket to leave that same afternoon. However, when I told her that I was fine with that, and that I'd just have my buddy from Sacramento pick me up at the airport and I'd hang out with him until Monday instead, she got insulted that I wasn't devastated she was sending me home. Fucking weirdo.

I ended up messing around with one of the Sac guy's female friends while visitng him (and she was way hotter and far more normal), so the trip wasn't a complete loss. (This part wasn't told on radio.)

The flake girl tried again to call me a few months later, with the usual string of apologies and excuses. I told her to fuck off and quit calling me, and that was that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding the archives, I will consider posting a "temporary" version before posting the edited version. I started editing the show in 2019, and decided I liked a lot better being able to edit the fail, the pauses, and occasionally something accidentally getting over air which I didn't want heard.

To be fair, it rarely shows up more than 24 hours after the show ends. For example, this last show ended after 8am on July 4, so it's "only" been about 17 hours. I'm working on it now. I was sleeping or gone the entire day up until now, due to it being the 4th.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Actualy it was the same girl! Very irritating story! I only told it because we talked about Sparks, NV, and she was from there.

Over a 3 year period (1990-1993), she kept promising to come down and fuck me (her idea, not mine), and always flaked at the last minute. On the first time she promised (before I knew what a flake she was), she told a mutual acquaintance in my dorm that she was coming to do this, so the word spread around, and everyone kept coming to my room every 10 minutes to see if she was there yet. It was embarrassing when she never showed up, after all the hype.

Every time she flaked, I got pissed and stopped talking to her, but eventually she'd beg for me to talk to her again, and the same cycle would occur. Same bullshit promises to come see me and have sex all weekend, same disappearance at the last minute, same list of nonsense excuses. Keep in mind that none of this was ever my idea, so it's not like I was pressuring her to do it.

Finally, nearly 3 years after all this crap started, she bought me a plane ticket from LA to Oakland to come meet her and finally spend the weekend together. I just had a bad breakup of my first "long" relationship, so I felt this would be a good distraction, and did it.

Entire weekend turned out to be a fail, as it turned out she lived with Grandma on the premises of a storage facitilty (which granny owned), and most of the time I was sitting around twiddling my thumbs while she was working, or she dragged me around town while running errands. Eventually we got into some arguments about some silly shit, and she actually called up the airline and changed my plane ticket to leave that same afternoon. However, when I told her that I was fine with that, and that I'd just have my buddy from Sacramento pick me up at the airport and I'd hang out with him until Monday instead, she got insulted that I wasn't devastated she was sending me home. Fucking weirdo.

I ended up messing around with one of the Sac guy's female friends while visitng him (and she was way hotter and far more normal), so the trip wasn't a complete loss. (This part wasn't told on radio.)

The flake girl tried again to call me a few months later, with the usual string of apologies and excuses. I told her to fuck off and quit calling me, and that was that.
    Cali Playboy

Load Metric

Ever hear of chloroform? Wonderful stuff.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Ever hear of chloroform? Wonderful stuff.
    Some brother from the hood mentioned Qualudes used to be great party favors with the ladies especially in some Jell-o pudding. Can’t remember his real name but they called him Cliff but his nickname was the Brown Hornet. 🤣

Thread Information