This is 6 years old, but I only first saw it tonight.

Basically a defense attorney in a major criminal case showed up drunk to court (and strangely enough walked in with a trashy-looking young girl), and spun a tale about why he was late. He claimed he was the victim of a hit-and-run car accident, but his story unraveled badly, and he was caught in countless lies. He eventually blew a 0.075 after 2 1/2 hours of this. About 35 minutes of the exchange between him and the judge was captured on camera:

In part one, he lies about the hit-and-run accident:

In part two, he lies about the identity of the trashy girl in the halter top and tight pants, claiming it was his ex-girlfriend he brought for "moral support". In reality, it was some chick he met 20 minutes prior to walking into the courtroom:

In part three, details come out that prove he is likely full of shit about the whole accident:

In part four, the judge forced him to take a breathalyzer test, and he attempted to protest it with a Jewdonk-esque "I'm not on trial here!" excuse. When he was forced to take it, he blew a 0.075 and was removed from the case:

The cast of characters involved is also interesting.

The attorney is Joseph Caramagno, best known for being one of the lawyers who in 2005 won an acquittal for Rick Tabish, the man accused of killing Ted Binion.

Prior to this meltdown, Carmagno was considered one of the better lawyers in Vegas and his practice was doing very well. He lost his license to practice after this incident, and I'm not sure if he ever got it back.

The sweet-voiced judge is Michelle Leavitt. She's not nearly as attractive as she sounds:

Name:  StevenHogue1013MP12_t653.jpg
Views: 5797
Size:  25.9 KB

Despite sounding very competent and on-the-ball during this matter, she was given a rating of 'F' by attorneys as recently as January 1, 2012, and was not endorsed for reelection.

Her father, Myron Leavitt, was Lieutenant Governor in Nevada between 1979 and 1983. He also served on the Nevada Supreme Court. There's a junior high school in Las Vegas named after him.

Amazing that this lawyer didn't end up in jail for contempt of court, given that he wasted 2 1/2 hours of the court's time with his lies, and it was later found that he was handling his caseload very irresponsibly, due to his drug and alcohol abuse.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../10910327.html