Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: martin shkreli

Load Metric
    Richardson, a retired American Express executive who later became a Retrophin chairman, testified last year that during the course of their business relationship, Shkreli made comments about having sex with male colleagues and waiters in restaurants they visited.

'I was gay and had a partner, and he was starting to say certain things of a gay nature that worried me a bit.

'I thought maybe he was saying things to me because he thought I would want to hear them.

'They just felt a bit uncomfortable to me. He was saying things to me, like, "Maybe I’ll have sex with a guy in the office," or we'd be at a restaurant and there’d be a waiter and he'd say​,​ "Maybe I should hook up with him."'

Comments

BiffCo99: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Odds on conviction? Taking bets

I have been kind of fascinated with his case and actually have spoken to him on the phone before. Despite what you think about him or what he has or has not done, the guy really is fucking smart. This is another case where most people are guided by "what feels good" and not reality .
    But how much did you lose?

Load Metric

Damn! Troll God, Martin Shkreli gets seven years

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    According to the Court, after fines, legal fees and taxes he still has $27 Million in the bank mostly cash. So when het gets out at age 40 he will be fine. A few years in jail is probably what he needs to not be such a life douche. Although I think he will have a successful appeal and get out in a year or two.

He'll be back on YouTube by 2020 in my opinion.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    According to the Court, after fines, legal fees and taxes he still has $27 Million in the bank mostly cash. So when het gets out at age 40 he will be fine. A few years in jail is probably what he needs to not be such a life douche. Although I think he will have a successful appeal and get out in a year or two.

none of this would surprise me.

i also wouldnt be surprised if somehow this spawned civil cases from his victims who go after those funds tho.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

i also wouldnt be surprised if somehow this spawned civil cases from his victims who go after those funds tho.
    He paid everyone back though. That is why the sentence is somewhat hollow. I guess anything is possible, in that the funds that paid everyone back came from the AIDS drug he marked up 1000%. The Judge's whole theory is he only paid the investors back after he got caught, but at the end of the day they got paid back. I guess they can cite emotional distress or something. He is a first class douche, but I think it will get reduced.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric

What would it take for you to not be such a life douche?
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

He paid everyone back though. That is why the sentence is somewhat hollow. I guess anything is possible, in that the funds that paid everyone back came from the AIDS drug he marked up 1000%. The Judge's whole theory is he only paid the investors back after he got caught, but at the end of the day they got paid back. I guess they can cite emotional distress or something. He is a first class douche, but I think it will get reduced.

god thats totally true. i think the real question for me at this point is; does he go to a summer camp for rich white men or to an actual real life penitentiary? because seriously:

thats one dead fuckin white man if he ends up in genpop.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric

Good for him. I wouldn't do 7 years for any amount of money.

Load Metric
    im honestly confused btw because why would he raid the pharma company to cover for the losses he took running his lolscam hedge funds if he had 50 mil or whatever in the bank.. thats what he was arrested for after all.

where did this huge windfall of cash come from? was it simply from jacking up the pharma prices?

Load Metric
    im honestly confused btw because why would he raid the pharma company to cover for the losses he took running his lolscam hedge funds if he had 50 mil or whatever in the bank.. thats what he was arrested for after all.

where did this huge windfall of cash come from? was it simply from jacking up the pharma prices?
    Before he bought the pharma company he basically ran a stock Ponzi scheme. He bought the pharma company during the Ponzi scheme and ran up the AIDS drug from $15 a pill to $750 (I believe the drug was for advanced AIDS related skin cancer, Kaposi Sarcoma) .

Meanwhile he basically forgot about his stock Ponzi scheme until investors began to sue him. So he promptly used the profits from his drug company (which were his) to pay back his investors.

The Prosecution contended it was pure luck he was able to pay back his investors, that he still committed a Ponzi scheme. They contended if not for buying the drug company and running up the price of the drug his stock investors would have been wiped out. Martin's defense was yeah, he got upside down on his stock fund but everyone got their money back so what is the big deal? The Judge agreed with the prosecution that even though he paid everyone back with interest he still ran a Ponzi scheme which is illegal.

The bottom line is if he kept underneath the radar he might have been ok with a large fine and time served. But he kept pushing and being a douche and they used a technicality to send him away.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric

Before he bought the pharma company he basically ran a stock Ponzi scheme. He bought the pharma company during the Ponzi scheme and ran up the AIDS drug from $15 a pill to $750 (I believe the drug was for advanced AIDS related skin cancer, Kaposi Sarcoma) .

Meanwhile he basically forgot about his stock Ponzi scheme until investors began to sue him. So he promptly used the profits from his drug company (which were his) to pay back his investors.

The Prosecution contended it was pure luck he was able to pay back his investors, that he still committed a Ponzi scheme. They contended if not for buying the drug company and running up the price of the drug his stock investors would have been wiped out. Martin's defense was yeah, he got upside down on his stock fund but everyone got their money back so what is the big deal? The Judge agreed with the prosecution that even though he paid everyone back with interest he still ran a Ponzi scheme which is illegal.

The bottom line is if he kept underneath the radar he might have been ok with a large fine and time served. But he kept pushing and being a douche and they used a technicality to send him away.
    For sure. If he wasnt a big douche no chance the DA even gives a shit about this case. Because he was a douche, the DA knew it would get all kinds of media exposure and make them look like heroes. The government agencies from the IRS on do this sort of thing all the time as a way to keep the rest of the sheep in line and make it look as if your tax dollars arent going down the rat hole that they are.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Stop quoting Tgull, he is the biggest bore on this forum all of a sudden.

Salty_Aus: Stop negging someone when they're perfectly correct.
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Load Metric
    https://news.bloomberglaw.com/merger...-jail-ftc-says

‘Pharma Bro’ Coordinated Antitrust Scheme From Jail, FTC Says

absolutely incredible.

Comments

OSA: C/P PLEASE

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Pardons under 30

What do you think the going rate for a pardon is right now?

Load Metric

I have been kind of fascinated with his case and actually have spoken to him on the phone before. Despite what you think about him or what he has or has not done, the guy really is fucking smart. This is another case where most people are guided by "what feels good" and not reality .

I kinda miss cmoney wonder how he is doing

Comments

rum dick: Yeah

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Pardons under 30

What do you think the going rate for a pardon is right now?
    +325 that he's the focus of the pardons for bribes investigation at DOJ.

Comments

rum dick: Oh snap

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

I kinda miss cmoney wonder how he is doing
    If you believe in seances and mediums we can contact the spirit world and find out.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information