Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: martin shkreli

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Oh I dont think he would shy away from anything, I just think he would take a hair over 200 seconds for him to realize his time could be better spent playing ps4 while getting skull from a supermodel.
    Have you seen his youtube videos? He talks for hours to people we would deem not worthy of this forum. The bar is low.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    A conversation with Martin Skreli, now there's a trip report i wanna read. If i have to read another shitty story about falling off a scaffold, or flying to vegas to drink shitty beer im going to lose my shit.

We have a mutual friend and all went out to drinks a few times in NY. The guys is really brilliant in many ways but especially business. He has the ability to pretty much jump into any field and print money. Kind of reminds me of Matt Damon's character in Good Will Hunting.

With that said, his arrogance may be his downfall. Does anyone truly believe he would have been charged had he simply apologized for raising the price of a drug? This case is mostly about another AG trying make a name for himself and be a "hero."

Martin is either very naive and narcissistic, or he secretly has a plan to expose the massive price gauging in the pharmaceutical industry and is willing to risk his freedom to bring attention and possibly reform to the horrendous over pricing in the medical industry, all while trolling the media with this character he's created.........either way he's going to jail lol, guy has no chance.

It's new york, those grand jurors will likely be libtards, he's done.
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Silver
    Load Metric
    My gut says full acquittal/not guilty because the case is a bit weak but I hope I'm wrong.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I don't blame him for what he did, it is genetic. Jews can't help themselves when it comes to money. And yes he is a Jew. He tries to hide it but that is what he is.

Comments

Mintjewlips: Jews will be jews rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Btw, assuming he doesn't go to jail, i could almost for sure get him on Poker Fraud Alert radio. I think Druff could do a great interview with him.

Would definitely do this. Even from this hospital bed.

BTW, follow him on Facebook. His live streams are HOF.

Load Metric
    first cmoney says he has talked to martin on the phone, next he has had drinks with him a few times

so what's the real truth, c$?

what else are you hiding?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    Odds on conviction? Taking bets

I have been kind of fascinated with his case and actually have spoken to him on the phone before. Despite what you think about him or what he has or has not done, the guy really is fucking smart. This is another case where most people are guided by "what feels good" and not reality .

lol, you're a piece of work cmoney
    Is this an anti martin or lol insider info wagers post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    Guilty on 3 counts of securities fraud
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    So what is the punishment? A slap on the wrist seems most likely.

Load Metric
    Dammit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    So what is the punishment? A slap on the wrist seems most likely.

So hard to say. I actually think he gets jail time though.

Load Metric
    He claimed to have $30 million in a fund when in reality there was only $300... he's going to go to a resort prison. He will probably be able to work from there.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    He claimed to have $30 million in a fund when in reality there was only $300... he's going to go to a resort prison. He will probably be able to work from there.

Whoever is first to successfully market free "Martin Shkreli" gear can make a quick buck.

Load Metric
    http://pmd.cdn.turner.com/money/big/...y_1024x576.mp4

Best video you will see all day.

He is definitely the best IRL troll ever

Load Metric
    Weird case all around. No actual victims.

He scrambled to pay back his investors and was successful. The legal thing to do was to just say to his investors "sorry you guys are fucked, out of few millions", "i'm bankrupt not liable for anything, cya". Instead he made good.

Sure he manipulated them for their own good and in all likelihood just wanted to keep playing as his motive, but the end result was that the "fraud" victims made money.

The pharma thing was never on trial. Mostly because it's legal and a very common practice. It probably shouldn't be but it's much harder to fix. The end result with it was that he made money off insurance companies, but not enough to even raise premiums. Out of pocket costs for patients with insurance were something like less than 10$ a bottle and the uninsured got it for free.

I like nice villains.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

He scrambled to pay back his investors and was successful. The legal thing to do was to just say to his investors "sorry you guys are fucked, out of few millions", "i'm bankrupt not liable for anything, cya". Instead he made good.

Sure he manipulated them for their own good and in all likelihood just wanted to keep playing as his motive, but the end result was that the "fraud" victims made money.

The pharma thing was never on trial. Mostly because it's legal and a very common practice. It probably shouldn't be but it's much harder to fix. The end result with it was that he made money off insurance companies, but not enough to even raise premiums. Out of pocket costs for patients with insurance were something like less than 10$ a bottle and the uninsured got it for free.

I like nice villains.
    If only the insurance company had to pay those artificially inflated prices, it's like insurance fraud. If enough health care industry companies did those, guess who ends up paying for it? Let's look to the auto insurance market for a quick lesson.

Name:  IMG_6741.PNG
Views: 247
Size:  9.4 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

I like nice villains.

The trial was straight out of a "Billions" episode. Shkreli jacked up the price of the drug and then some AG suddenly had a hard on for him. Because of his arrogance, the AG office knew it would get a lot of press so they dug up the dirt. They found something that under normal conditions they would put zero resources toward. Why is no one concerned about the fact he was specifically targeted by a government that simply didnt like him? Had he simply fallen on the sword, apologized for jacking up the price of the drug, does anyone truly believe this case would have even happened? This was more about an attorney general trying to make a name for himself than the crime committed.

With that said, he is now at the mercy of a judge, and while he couldn't swallow his pride before, he probably should do so now and stfu and show some sort of remorse before sentencing.

Comments

gimmick: yea pretty much

Load Metric
    Billions did provide a helpful reminder as to the arbitrary way cases are litigated.

It's all complete horseshit

Wells Fargo announces Friday it has found a few more phony accounts. Nobody's going to jail.

Literally, no big bank was punished for 2007/2008. Instead they were bailed out and given a mulligan.

The game is the game.

I hope Shkreli parked some loot somewhere. Hopefully, the $ fine is small.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I like nice villains.
    If only the insurance company had to pay those artificially inflated prices, it's like insurance fraud. If enough health care industry companies did those, guess who ends up paying for it? Let's look to the auto insurance market for a quick lesson.

Name:  IMG_6741.PNG
Views: 247
Size:  9.4 KB
    Raising drug prices in general raises premiums. In this case Daraprim isn't big enough drug to matter. It's used few thousand times a year. I think drugs in general are only something like 20% of all healthcare costs.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    cmoney why does krypt hate you? You seem nice

Thread Information