Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I walked 300 feet today

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Guys get hurt or sick and you give them the obligatory "jeez, that's awful... hope you get better".

Truth is it's really hard to empathize with what the guy is going through or imagine the pain.

We all say shit about how random injury or illness is. How any one of us can get bit at any time.

I read certain posters talking about their genes and how they're booked for a long run. Naive. Shit happens.

I've had some ridiculous run good health wise. I must have gone a decade without even a physical. Never had a cavity and skipped the dentist too for an unforgivable period.

But as I get older I have embraced a fatalistic attitude. I know I'll get nailed with something or hurt myself bad. It's what happens.

I recently wrenched my neck driving a golf ball like a retard. I rarely play. Pinched some nerve. The pain just sapped my enthusiasm to do anything. Yeah, it hurt but pain just affects your whole life approach. I became a useless shit. That was the worst part.

So you try to empathize with others like Lurker but it's friggin more dramatic and complicated than anyone really can imagine. But his posting his story is valuable to me. Kind of an unfiltered take on what any one of us could get hit with. Nobody's special - except lol wow.

Curious what you're gonna do with your new stucco house in Texas, Lurker. Where is your brother going to live now?

Surely, your insurance company is going to want to lay off this action (subrogate the $ loss) on your brother. Your brother must be shitting his pants.

Sanlmar loves the Lurker!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Guys get hurt or sick and you give them the obligatory "jeez, that's awful... hope you get better".

Truth is it's really hard to empathize with what the guy is going through or imagine the pain.

We all say shit about how random injury or illness is. How any one of us can get bit at any time.

I read certain posters talking about their genes and how they're booked for a long run. Naive. Shit happens.

I've had some ridiculous run good health wise. I must have gone a decade without even a physical. Never had a cavity and skipped the dentist too for an unforgivable period.

But as I get older I have embraced a fatalistic attitude. I know I'll get nailed with something or hurt myself bad. It's what happens.

I recently wrenched my neck driving a golf ball like a retard. I rarely play. Pinched some nerve. The pain just sapped my enthusiasm to do anything. Yeah, it hurt but pain just affects your whole life approach. I became a useless shit. That was the worst part.

So you try to empathize with others like Lurker but it's friggin more dramatic and complicated than anyone really can imagine. But his posting his story is valuable to me. Kind of an unfiltered take on what any one of us could get hit with. Nobody's special - except lol wow.

Curious what you're gonna do with your new stucco house in Texas, Lurker. Where is your brother going to live now?

Surely, your insurance company is going to want to lay off this action (subrogate the $ loss) on your brother. Your brother must be shitting his pants.

I wasn't going to bring this up, but it has turned into such a circus of fail, that I will try to shed some light.

Insurance companies involved.

My health care provider

My bother home owners provider

My brothers umbrella liability provider

My brothers business insurance. (he works from home)

The contractors insurance (my best friend)

The very large national company that the scaffolding was rented from.

First off, I would never do anything to hurt my brother and he knows it

My brother has the part that failed in his possession and has let the investigators look but not touch.

The part had been recently repaired.

Four different investigators have been to the scene.

I have told 5 adjusters to leave me the fuck alone until i know how fucked up I really am.

It is a shit show of epic comedy, with everyone losing their minds.

although more money isn't really my thing, somebody is going to write a big fucking check

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post

although more money isn't really my thing, somebody is going to write a big fucking check

Huh? It rightfully sounds like it is. People are always so timid about saying they deserve to be compensated for the harm someone else causes. No one wants to be labeled a plaintiff, that is until something bad happens to them. Then tort reform is a bad idea. But be man enough to own it.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: this

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Huh? It rightfully sounds like it is. People are always so timid about saying they deserve to be compensated for the harm someone else causes. No one wants to be labeled a plaintiff, that is until something bad happens to them. Then tort reform is a bad idea. But be man enough to own it.

I thought I did that in my last sentence.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Sonatines almost walked 11 feet today

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: watched this at least 20 times.... what game are they playing? LOL as well

GringoStar: Answer: Settlers of Catan
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Few side notes:

Wrench the place is Montana is unlocked and you are welcome to go stay there anytime

DO NOT EVER let a doctor prescribe you opiates. trust me they are not needed. Although they pumped me full of morphine I chose not to take anything during recovery, just aspirin and ice, and I have managed just fine. 10 years ago during a dark time in my life I snorted $10k of oxys in two months, and I chose not to repeat.

Sparten, you are a scum
    I think wrench is shmee150 and will prolly take you up on the Montana highways - I always understood there were no posted speed limits on certain stretches.

Don't correct me if I'm wrong. I want to believe there is a heaven.

The opiates. I finally went to the doctor. After looking at my record (or absence of one) he held me hostage for a physical. Stuck his finger up my ass and blood work. If I knew the finger was free annually I woulda been with the program sooner.

After a little chat the doctor, he realized & I agreed I was not a good candidate for opiates or any serious pain medication. Highly addictive compulsive personality. Popping ibuprofen like tic tacs and it doesn't do shit.

Oh, Sparten is well aware. The guy is a funny bastard on the phone. You'd be surprised. His writing skills just don't match his story.

Load Metric
    Your brother has the part that failed.

Having once been a contractor and now a business owner I am well aware of the issue with lifts and ladders and the fact that you never want to lend one to an outsider for liability reasons.

It's the damnedest thing.

We have a lift and you need huge ladders on our property. Yet the HVAC contractor, for example, has bought, marked and locked up his ladders on our property for his exclusive use. Too long for his service guys little trucks.

Liability is fun.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I doubt your brother is coming to get through this unscathed. Also, you were not authorized to be on that scaffolding. It's going to be messy, but to think you can just hop on scaffolding on someone's property, break your back and nobody loses except the insurance companies is not realistic. Someone is going to pay a price. Not saying you don't deserve something, but it was not like you were leaning up against a railing at a Holiday Inn and it snapped and you fell and broke your back. This was hopping on scaffolding when you were not certified to be on that scaffolding, might even be considering showing off. If it were easy as getting a 7 figure check, people would be rigging scaffolding to snap all the time and breaking a leg and getting money.

As far as having a messed up back, I sympathize. I slipped on some ice two years ago and have not been the same since. I probably dumped about $1,400 on chiropractors and I am still be pain when it gets below freezing.

Comments

sonatine: THE KING HAS RETURNED IN TIME FOR HURRICANE SEASON

Kilgore Trout: Welcome back.

jsearles22: Fuck, logged into the wrong dupe

Muck Ficon: Thought you were leaving lol

nunbeater: OOPS I MEANT TO LEAVE A GREEN

Load Metric
    hope your aids gets better before you die

Comments

The_Lurker: thank you

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hordell View Post

If it were easy as getting a 7 figure check, people would be rigging scaffolding to snap all the time and breaking a leg and getting money.

Name:  30127858.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  102.7 KB

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

If it were easy as getting a 7 figure check, people would be rigging scaffolding to snap all the time and breaking a leg and getting money.

Name:  30127858.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  102.7 KB

not looking for a seven figure check

Load Metric

I doubt your brother is coming to get through this unscathed. Also, you were not authorized to be on that scaffolding. It's going to be messy, but to think you can just hop on scaffolding on someone's property, break your back and nobody loses except the insurance companies is not realistic. Someone is going to pay a price. Not saying you don't deserve something, but it was not like you were leaning up against a railing at a Holiday Inn and it snapped and you fell and broke your back. This was hopping on scaffolding when you were not certified to be on that scaffolding, might even be considering showing off. If it were easy as getting a 7 figure check, people would be rigging scaffolding to snap all the time and breaking a leg and getting money.

As far as having a messed up back, I sympathize. I slipped on some ice two years ago and have not been the same since. I probably dumped about $1,400 on chiropractors and I am still be pain when it gets below freezing.
    Is "showing off" a legal defense against a tort claim?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah, we're going to need proof this happened.

Just kidding.

Sounds horrible.

Get well.

Comments

Mintjewlips: GOT EM! LOL.....but seriously i think we need proof

Load Metric
    I whole-heartedly agree with the stance against taking opiates. I've had my whole front ribcage smashed and had to be reconstructed, but stopped taking that garbage soon after getting off the morphine drip in the hospital.

I've seen way too many people lose (or severely diminish) their lives by taking opiates for too long after an injury. Also they take away your appetite and they fucked with my poop schedule.

Apologies if been asked already, but the half-Jew in me has to ask: Who built the scaffolding and is there a lawsuit there?

Load Metric
    Fuck opiates. Go full metal indica.

Name:  IMG_6606.JPG
Views: 195
Size:  28.6 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yeah, we're going to need proof this happened.

Just kidding.

Sounds horrible.

Get well.

I will be honored to post a pic of the broken screw jack or a picture of my sack hanging out of this fucking brace.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Is "showing off" a legal defense against a tort claim?
    first off any significant construction site needs to be fenced off to prevent non qualified persons from entering potentially dangerous area. If Lurker was invited by brother on to the site, i would assume he would be covered by his liability insurance not necessarily work mans compensation. collecting money for damage you have incurred because of nothing you have done wrong and that you were not suppose to be there (worker) is a non issue.
    I hope for you a speedy recovery.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post
    I whole-heartedly agree with the stance against taking opiates. I've had my whole front ribcage smashed and had to be reconstructed, but stopped taking that garbage soon after getting off the morphine drip in the hospital.

I've seen way too many people lose (or severely diminish) their lives by taking opiates for too long after an injury. Also they take away your appetite and they fucked with my poop schedule.

Apologies if been asked already, but the half-Jew in me has to ask: Who built the scaffolding and is there a lawsuit there?

DON'T DO OPIATES.

The general contractor (my best friend) rented the scaffolding and his crew put it up. I am a licensed general contractor in 3 states (TX, NM, MT) and I was there at my brothers house to soften the blow that his entire house has to have all the stucco and sheeting removed and replaced, at a cost of about $100k.

I have a lot of experience negotiating with insurance companies and will probably just negotiate with any adjuster that walks through my door. The legal problems that are going to be my health care provider is going to want to recoup the $270K and rising medical bill. It is going to be complicated, but to be honest I am more interested about how far I walked yesterday.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    bumping back a few of the more popular threads I buried.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Consideration for fellow readers rep

Thread Information