Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I walked 300 feet today

Banned
    Load Metric
    Good bump. I am walking all over the place. I am weak, and stiff, but in almost no pain. Although I lost weight through all this, I can't believe how out of shape you can get lying in bed for a month. I waked a little more than a mile this morning. The brace comes off Monday afternoon. Thank you for all the kind words.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Good going!

hongkonger: :yes

IamGreek: OPA!

Hockey Guy: Keep it going.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Dude made all of this up.

What a psycho.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: new avatar rep

Load Metric
    Is there a 'truth about Lurker thread that recaps this saga?

Just don't remember this at all.

Also lol at Ken Hornell, bottomset is god.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I don’t remember this at all either, and this is third or fourth time Druff has mentioned him recently.

Is he doing something? I see banned. I don’t remember this story at all.

Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I don’t remember this at all either, and this is third or fourth time Druff has mentioned him recently.

The_Lurker sheesh has probably been gone 3-5 years now that I can remember. He was pretty clever his tales were quite elaborate.

I think he may have, or tried to get staked to a WSOP and im not sure if he ever did or not, but I remember him very well. Lurker was from Chicago iirc, and he sort of had a very elaborate tale and was a bike messenger if i recall correctly, but I always thought he was husling with some sort of end-game in mind. Trying to find a sucker of sorts maybe, but then I may have got banned stopped posting here for a long time. And when I came back or was allowed back on he was gone IIRC. He was a bike messenger (lol) if that was even true, from Chicago I remember his stich and story well. And if im not mistaken he actually met some from here maybe it was Drexel. I forget but Druff obviously knows and remembers him.

I'm actually surprised some of you aren't recalling him. He was sorta high profile poster wise in PFA terms =)

Comments

Gordman: Good god you are fucking terrible. SHUT UP GARRETT

splitthis: Offset

snowtracks:

Sloppy Joe: LOL GOD KING

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

The_Lurker sheesh has probably been gone 3-5 years now that I can remember. He was pretty clever his tales were quite elaborate.

I think he may have, or tried to get staked to a WSOP and im not sure if he ever did or not, but I remember him very well. Lurker was from Chicago iirc, and he sort of had a very elaborate tale and was a bike messenger if i recall correctly, but I always thought he was husling with some sort of end-game in mind. Trying to find a sucker of sorts maybe, but then I may have got banned stopped posting here for a long time. And when I came back or was allowed back on he was gone IIRC. He was a bike messenger (lol) if that was even true, from Chicago I remember his stich and story well. And if im not mistaken he actually met some from here maybe it was Drexel. I forget but Druff obviously knows and remembers him.

I'm actually surprised some of you aren't recalling him. He was sorta high profile poster wise in PFA terms =)
    The bike messenger from Chicago was Larry Laffer

Comments

GrenadaRoger: correct--Larry Laffer (Leisure Suit Larry) a bike courier of legal documents
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lurker posted incredible story after incredible story, all of which were supposed to be occurring in real time. He also contradicted himself at times, and would never post simple proof when asked. The only thing real was the fact that he was moving from location to location (for unknown reasons), but of course he knew I could verify that by his IP, so he couldn't lie about that part.

The little sniveling asshole posted personal info about my mom because he was unhappy with a moderating decision here. Keep in mind that this moderating decision had nothing to do with him. He just felt like harassing an innocent old woman because he didn't like the way a forum was run. Pathetic.

In this thread, he was supposedly almost paralyzed from a horrible accident, but then he miraculously recovered and never mentioned it again.

The guy started off here with that absurd story about running into his high school flame in a random small New Mexico art gallery (lol), and she just happened to be on the verge of leaving her husband, who had just come out as gay. Then they fell in love again and decided to be together forever.
    And of course the gay husband was totally supportive of the whole thing, because he felt bad about entering the marriage under false pretenses, so he wanted her to be happy with Lurker.

And they lived happily ever after. And this was all happening in real time as he was posting it. He wasn't telling a story from years ago. Of course, when asked to prove it in various simple ways (even calling into radio, which he was listening to live at the time), he would never do it.

Then he followed up with a series of other real-time, improbable, life-changing stories like this one.

I've since come upon other information about him which further solidifies my longtime claim that he's full of shit. The douche still lurks here, by the way. I saw this thread on a "similar threads" list, so I clicked it and had a good laugh. Total pathological liar.

Load Metric
    I actually do remember him now and did have him confused with the Laffer. He was that guy who fell in love with her, and iirc they moved to Montana or somewhere he said. That story he told does ring a bell, and I remember it being sorta elaborate too. And for some reason feel like he said he had moved to like Montana or somewhere too. But I forget totally now, its that bad TBI thing probably. I vaguely remember but I got hit in the head pretty bad last year, so my memory isn't as good as it used to be about things they say =)

Comments

jsearles22: Woat

splitthis: Offset

snowtracks:

Load Metric
    Gotta wonder if Cathy and her cancer were real.

She used to go at Druff hard too, if I recall. Maybe wasn't real.

Druff is historically great at attracting people to fuck with him, we all grew up with total chodes that brought it on themselves.

But any form of doxxing is outlandish, even moreso toward relatives.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lurker posted incredible story after incredible story, all of which were supposed to be occurring in real time. He also contradicted himself at times, and would never post simple proof when asked. The only thing real was the fact that he was moving from location to location (for unknown reasons), but of course he knew I could verify that by his IP, so he couldn't lie about that part.

The little sniveling asshole posted personal info about my mom because he was unhappy with a moderating decision here. Keep in mind that this moderating decision had nothing to do with him. He just felt like harassing an innocent old woman because he didn't like the way a forum was run. Pathetic.

In this thread, he was supposedly almost paralyzed from a horrible accident, but then he miraculously recovered and never mentioned it again.

The guy started off here with that absurd story about running into his high school flame in a random small New Mexico art gallery (lol), and she just happened to be on the verge of leaving her husband, who had just come out as gay. Then they fell in love again and decided to be together forever.
    And of course the gay husband was totally supportive of the whole thing, because he felt bad about entering the marriage under false pretenses, so he wanted her to be happy with Lurker.

And they lived happily ever after. And this was all happening in real time as he was posting it. He wasn't telling a story from years ago. Of course, when asked to prove it in various simple ways (even calling into radio, which he was listening to live at the time), he would never do it.

Then he followed up with a series of other real-time, improbable, life-changing stories like this one.

I've since come upon other information about him which further solidifies my longtime claim that he's full of shit. The douche still lurks here, by the way. I saw this thread on a "similar threads" list, so I clicked it and had a good laugh. Total pathological liar.
    I went back and looked at his last series of posts. Still didn’t remember him. I would say in 15 years, he happened to post during a period where I was the least active of all the years. I saw why he got banned. I saw he was part of that period where split was losing it and Kilgore and srsly started to go south. I assume that’s why he was angered at you? All I read was his last 15 or so posts and first 15. At the end he seemed involved in the whole Kilgore drama.

I went back to his arrival to see when he showed, and he was really well-received. I had no responses or reps in any of his threads that I saw, so clearly I missed him almost completely.

His first post was one of the most popular first posts I’ve ever read. I certainly would have remembered that.

Was he really just a lurker? His writing felt familiar, but I couldn’t place him.

His first post showed he clearly had been around and knew everyone. It actually read very similar to something recently, so I’m guessing that’s why he has came up?

Are you sure that detailed injury was completely made up? That is odd. I can see why someone who didn’t start off so well or wasn’t liked would do that, but that’s such an intricate story and he was already well-liked. It wasn’t a rolling and he didn’t claim to be dying or asking for anything that I saw.

He seemed a total hit at the start, and was a decent poster without the stories. I must have glanced at the site occasionally as I remember something about him and the girlfriend part, but not any details.

Load Metric
    Druff, back in the day, I posted proof that The Lurker was a real guy telling real stories. I’m reposting it here.

Name:  DE62CAB5-2ABB-4C4C-9532-15C78847CA95.jpeg
Views: 186
Size:  94.5 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As far as I know, Lurker didn't have an account here or NWP/DD, prior to registering as "The_Lurker". It appears that part was real. I can't be sure, since people's IPs change constantly these days, and I also no longer have records of NWP/DD. However, from what I can gather, he really was a years-long lurker going back to the NWP/DD days, who decided to start posting.

As BCR mentioned, he was initially a hit. People doubted at first he was really a lurker, but then he was able to answer all questions about old NWP stuff, and he dropped tons of cryptic references from those days which would have been impossible/difficult to know if he hadn't been around. Mind you, he's not unique in this. I have people who come up to me at the WSOP who have lurked for 15 years on all three sites, and never posted once.

However, he's a pathological liar. He wasn't here for any kind of long con, or to benefit materially from the lies. He simply enjoyed the attention derived from telling an intricately crafted story, and watching the forum react. The lies never placed him in a bad light, of course. For example, he didn't tell tales about cheating on his wife or committing crimes. Instead, he enjoyed writing about life-changing events or major life decisions which put him through major challenges, but where he'd always prevail. He was very good about being really detailed in the lies, and learning a lot (or already knowing) about the subject matter before attempting to tell the story.

Unfortunately, lying on the internet runs always runs into two major problems: Consistency and proof.

Everything you write online stays there, so skeptical people can go back and compare things you said. Over time, he started making a few mistakes, or failing with continuity. He also wouldn't post any proof of anything, which made no sense given that he would voluntarily post a lot of details and pictures when telling his tales. For example, in the story of running into his old flame "Cathy" and subsequently romancing her, he voluntarily posted lots of pics. There were pics of him, Cathy, both together in then-present-day, and even pics of them together back in 1984. However, when asked to post a pic of the two of them holding a sign saying something about Mumbles, he wouldn't do it. This was especially baffling because he was already posting tons of then-current pics of them together, as well as gross close-up pics of her 50-year-old vag (lol). Therefore, why couldn't he take 30 seconds out of his busy day to post a quick pic of them holding a paper sign?

He couldn't explain this, and kept getting more and more irritated with me for pointing this out. Finally he conceded that the vag pics were fake (lol again), but insisted that the pics of him and Cathy were real. He could not explain why he spent hours defending himself here when a single 30-second picture would end the whole thing. He then promised to call in with Cathy to radio, but of course never did, even when they were in the chat room while I was on live. He said they "couldn't get through". Uh huh.

By the way, to answer Sloppy Joe, the "Cathy" account was fake. It was him. "She" came at me hard because he was super bitter that I ruined his charming story -- a bitterness which lasted through his eventual doxxing of my mom.

This "falling off scaffolding and being paralyzed" tale was one of several major life events, all of which occurred live, within a short period of time. After this thread, he never mentioned it again in any of his other posts, and he was back to active life and holding physical-labor type jobs. Just like a TV show where the hero suffers major injuries, "may-never-walk-again", barely pulls through, and then by the beginning of the next episode, it's like the whole thing didn't happen.

Another one of the stories involved him getting rid of all of his possessions, and building a tiny minimalist house in which to live, and placing it in the middle of nowhere. After getting everyone's interest up, again he dropped the topic and we never heard about it again. That was another theme of his. He always had some sort of ambitious, interesting, unique construction-type project he was undertaking, and after providing a ton of details of the work he already started, we'd never hear of it again.

He would jump from lie to lie to lie, and when he'd lose interest in that lie, he'd move on to the next one.

He's currently in North Dakota, lurks on this site, and has severe TDS. Like, his TDS puts anyone else's here to shame. He also laughably thinks of himself as a "feminist" and all-around sensitive guy. I'm talking about the real him, not the character he played here. You can see why his contempt for me grew, between my calling out his "Cathy" story and our very opposite politics. The Kilgore situation was just the straw which broke the camel's back. He didn't care about it all that much, but was so resentful towards me that he doxxed my mom, feeling like it was his final fuck you before leaving the site. He actually thought he was fed up with me to the point where he never wanted to come back.

Then he regretted it, but knowing he could never come back (and that I'd spot him fairly quickly if he tried), he just returned to lurking. And here we are.

There's actually a lot more I know which has never been publicly revealed, but I'll leave it at this for now.

Comments

The Shrink: in hindsight this is fascinating

Load Metric
    I remember the Lurker being absolutely obsessed with Larry Laffer (which makes it kind of funny that garrett confused them as the same person). They had quite a feud going. Didn't the Lurker claim to have called Larry Laffer on the phone and offer him a job? Did that call actually happen?

I'm guessing the photos he used for him and Cathy weren't actually him? Were they just photos of a random dude and his wife that he pulled somewhere? So weird.

Comments

garrett: lol yeah at least you also understand how one could confuse them lol....

Load Metric
    I enjoyed The_Lurker arc. You just have to read my posts.

Somehow I missed the doxxing of Druff’s mother. Just awful. I now feel embarrassed & guilty by association.

Sorry your family had to endure this Druff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's some reading for you, regarding his "Cathy" bullshit:

In 2016, he posted this thread about running into Cathy and falling in love with her again: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ed-love-advice

Notice that the thread was asking for "advice" on May 22, 2016. He claimed that he had just run into his old flame from his teen years in a tiny New Mexico town's art gallery. The story didn't even make sense, because he claimed he was just passing through and stopping for lunch. So he stopped in a hick town's art gallery after having lunch there, where he happened to run into an old flame? Riiiiiiiiiight.

Within weeks, he had progressed from "needing advice" to being madly in love with her, and the woman leaving her husband for him. Oh, and coincidentally the husband had just come out as gay after decades of marriage, so he was totally cool with her leaving. Great how that all worked out with such perfect timing!!

Anyway, you'll see on page 10, I finally couldn't stand the bullshit anymore, and posted the request for the sign pic. Keep in mind that he had already posted various pics of the two of them by that point, including one supposedly of her vag. Of course, he refused. When others started to question the veracity of the story, the very active thread stopped dead in its tracks.

Now go back to page 7, and you'll see "Cathy" posting on Lurker's account. Notice that Cathy's posts are all one-liners, which is a typical tactic of someone using a dupe account, being afraid that a more detailed post will accidentally reveal too much similarity to their real account's posting style. Eventually Lurker registered a separate account for "Cathy".

Now look at this thread where "Cathy" tilted and attacked me over my views regarding sexual harassment in the workplace: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ual-harassment

Whoa!! What happened to the one-liners? Someone broke character here! The problem was that Lurker, who considers himself a feminist, got tilted by one of my posts, and rapidly logged in as "Cathy" to call me out as the strong corporate woman she supposedly was. He forgot to maintain the 1-liner posting style! Oops!

Then you'll see Cathy going BACK to the 1-liner posting style, barely able to put a sentence together, all while calling me stupid. When I mocked "her" inability to write a simple sentence, "she" claimed to be dyslexic and admitted to "writing like a 4th grader", yet in a different post, also claimed to be Ivy League educated. What?!

Then you'll see Cathy/Lurker agreeing to call into radio that night (only after a lot of pressure, feeling cornered), and then feigning 10 "incomplete calls" as an excuse as to why they couldn't get through. Note that during radio, I noticed the number calling, but it was hanging up before 1 ring (so I couldn't pick it up), and then not answering when I called back. The whole thing was full of shit. Lurker just called 10 times and hung up immediately when he heard it ringing, so as to pretend I was having phone trouble. Then of course, Cathy immediately "went to bed" rather than attempting to resolve this via chat.

That was pretty much the end of "Cathy", who left the forum after I humiliated Lurker with the entire thing, and everyone knew she was fake.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    He was right about one thing

Stucco in East TX is a bad idea...looks nice but mold prone if not done right.

Load Metric
    I thought the bump was going to be about Druff walking 300 feet in a day during lockdown.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    I remember the Lurker being absolutely obsessed with Larry Laffer (which makes it kind of funny that garrett confused them as the same person). They had quite a feud going. Didn't the Lurker claim to have called Larry Laffer on the phone and offer him a job? Did that call actually happen?

I'm guessing the photos he used for him and Cathy weren't actually him? Were they just photos of a random dude and his wife that he pulled somewhere? So weird.
    Pretty weird fantasy to add a gay cuck husband into the narrative, could have just as easily been she was recently divorced, recently widowed, etc.

That's definitely a choice, either to lend credibility somehow (fucking weird thing to lie about, who would make that up?) or to realize some type of gay, bug chasing fantasy.

The rest totally falls in line with an older guy fantasizing about the one that got away, much like how Bottomset's lies totally fall in line with a poor person's notion of wealth. An AIDS cuck is an interesting variable to chew on.

Comments

Dan Druff: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post

Yes, Larry actually called him. He bullshitted Larry into believing that he could get him a lucrative job working in the North Dakota oil industry (remember that whole thing?)

Larry called him and inquired, and Lurker just ranted a bunch of shit about how Larry had to find Jesus. The whole thing appeared to be a lie and a troll job, which was basically Lurker in a nutshell.

Larry said he sounded like a guy who was "over 50 for sure".

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    Good bump. I am walking all over the place. I am weak, and stiff, but in almost no pain. Although I lost weight through all this, I can't believe how out of shape you can get lying in bed for a month. I waked a little more than a mile this morning. The brace comes off Monday afternoon. Thank you for all the kind words.
    LOL, how did we collectively miss this one. So after being in bed for a month, losing what sounded like 20lbs, and with a back brace, just walked a mile. One mile. People in the condition he described would have are hard time walking 100 yards in supervised therapy. But yeah he just busted out a mile with a back brace on.

Thread Information