Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I walked 300 feet today

Banned
    Load Metric

I walked 300 feet today

I wasn't going to post this story, but I am in such a good mood that I don't care if I bore you with my problems.

The first week of June we drove down to Texas to get my condo ready to sell. The day we got here I went over to look at a problem that my brother was having with his house. (severe rot under stucco). I was on top of two bucks of scaffolding (16 ft) when one of the screw jack levelers broke and the scaffolding collapsed and I hit the ground flat on my back across the ladder that I used to get to the top. While in the ambulance, I could not feel my legs and was a kind of pain I would not wish on anyone.

The end result was 4 fractured vertebrae T1 T2 L4 L5 and a severely bruised spinal cord.

The 9 1/2 hour surgery went well and left me with two metal rods and a box of screws in my back, and when I came to I could wiggle my toes, and the doctor told me that I had just won the lottery and that he had never seen that much damage with the spinal cord in tact.

I am in a brace that isolates my spine from my chin to my hips. and the last five weeks I have only been able to walk a few steps to the bath room and could not do that without the help of two people. somehow I have managed to maintain a cheerful attitude and am smiling.

My wonderful lady has been nothing short of a rock star nurse, and kept me in a good mood. She has told me that I pick on Larry too much though. I think my response was "fuck Larry"

I was instructed by my doctor to walk as far as I could twice a day (starting today) so with 2 canes and my brother on one side and Cat on the other I walked over 300 feet this morning, I am planning on 500 ft this afternoon.

It is hotter than hell here and we are stuck in Texas for at least another month, but at least I am smiling.

Comments

Deal: In before Larry makes this thread all about him. Speedy recovery to you.

Tellafriend: Fuck Larry

hongkonger: Kick ass

ToasterOven: fuck larry

adamantium: lucky fuck

gimmick:

wrenchjockey: send me the keys to your Montana pad, I'll go check on it for ya.

Crowe Diddly: 100 yards of progress rep

DirtyB: Awesome

sonatine: seriously tho folks fuck larry

big dick: .

IamGreek: keep getting stronger

MumblesBadly: Heal up, man! We can't lose your legendary takedowns of shitposters!

jsearles22: Nice recovery. GL

tony bagadonuts: Luck Farry

SrslySirius: shut up Gar-- I mean, fuck Larry

gut:

DRK Star: jesus....that sounds horrific. GL on recovery!!

JACKDANIELS: keep on keeping on

michael: nice

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: shit i meant to press green

Baron Von Strucker: jesus zap they guys in pain and you red rep..... watetogo dude

Dan Druff: Jews don't belong on scaffolding

Forum Wars:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    I wasn't going to post this story, but I am in such a good mood that I don't care if I bore you with my problems.

The first week of June we drove down to Texas to get my condo ready to sell. The day we got here I went over to look at a problem that my brother was having with his house. (severe rot under stucco). I was on top of two bucks of scaffolding (16 ft) when one of the screw jack levelers broke and the scaffolding collapsed and I hit the ground flat on my back across the ladder that I used to get to the top. While in the ambulance, I could not feel my legs and was a kind of pain I would not wish on anyone.

The end result was 4 fractured vertebrae T1 T2 L4 L5 and a severely bruised spinal cord.

The 9 1/2 hour surgery went well and left me with two metal rods and a box of screws in my back, and when I came to I could wiggle my toes, and the doctor told me that I had just won the lottery and that he had never seen that much damage with the spinal cord in tact.

I am in a brace that isolates my spine from my chin to my hips. and the last five weeks I have only been able to walk a few steps to the bath room and could not do that without the help of two people. somehow I have managed to maintain a cheerful attitude and am smiling.

My wonderful lady has been nothing short of a rock star nurse, and kept me in a good mood. She has told me that I pick on Larry too much though. I think my response was "fuck Larry"

I was instructed by my doctor to walk as far as I could twice a day (starting today) so with 2 canes and my brother on one side and Cat on the other I walked over 300 feet this morning, I am planning on 500 ft this afternoon.

It is hotter than hell here and we are stuck in Texas for at least another month, but at least I am smiling.
    I just snapped my humerus. I was feeling bad about myself but now feeling a bit better realizing it could be a lot worse.

Get healthy!

Comments

The_Lurker: thank you, attitude is everything

IamGreek: wishing you a speedy recovery

Baron Von Strucker: you to bro, you will be funny again some day!

Load Metric

Hey man keep pushing and heal up. You can do it.

Comments

The_Lurker: thank you
    HILLARY WON

An Actual Female
    Load Metric

Its amazing how we forget/overlook the struggles of others at times.

All the best to you...one day (soon) you'll look back at these small milestones and admire your own strength in getting through this temporary downswing in life. Stay positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

The_Lurker: obv a cool person

Brittney Griner's Clit: legit super sweet person rep

Baron Von Strucker: cool people don't stay long here, except tine and les, bgc.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    fuck this made the 8 screws is my foot feel like an extremely minor problem

Comments

The_Lurker: fucking pussy
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Cool dude.. just psychologically prepare yourself to live with some aches and pain s from this point on..

It is what it is. You learn to deal with it..

One side note I'm feeling great..Just finished a bowl movement on big dik and his first cousin,, I mean wife... I'm feeling good too.

Comments

HoodedN: Bowl movement

Gold
    Load Metric
    Would you recommend crack for theraputic purposes?

Banned
    Load Metric
    I Really want to thank everyone for the kind words.

I have been much more active and posting more than usual because of the hours of fucking boredom. I have been reading the forums for more than 12 years, but have honestly been entertained by everyone through all this. Thank you.

Few side notes:

Wrench the place is Montana is unlocked and you are welcome to go stay there anytime, just let me know because my hippy teacher neighbor has a 44 mag that she swears she is going to get up the nerve to shoot it at least 1 time in her life.

DO NOT EVER let a doctor prescribe you opiates. trust me they are not needed. Although they pumped me full of morphine I chose not to take anything during recovery, just aspirin and ice, and I have managed just fine. 10 years ago during a dark time in my life I snorted $10k of oxys in two months, and I chose not to repeat.

Sparten, you are a scum

EDIT. Lots of THC
    Last edited by The_Lurker; 07-23-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Load Metric
    holy shit.

that's honestly horrible.

your relentless trolling of me has led me to believe you are strong willed and will recover.

your response to your wife was 100% appropriate by the way.

keep on keepin on sir. i assume you have edibles?

Comments

The_Lurker: OMG if you could only see my endless stash. I have good friends

Kilgore Trout: Literally heartwarming. This exchange is everything.

Sheesfaced: You actually deserve a green for this post. Don't get used to it.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Hurt people hurt people.

Comments

Tellafriend: LOL

Muck Ficon: You are the worst
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Hurt people hurt people.

Pitiful people watch info wars and repeat the embarrassing and moronic content.

Load Metric
    Sonatines almost walked 11 feet today

Comments

LarryLaffer: i believe you mean inches

Kuntmissioner: rofl

HoodedN: Most underrated poster ainec

Crowe Diddly: tremendous

DRK Star: Gout is serious business

Sanlmar: lol wow is the gout ainec

Dan Druff: got him

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Sonatines almost walked 11 feet today
    Foot race challange?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Goddamn, man. That's awful.

Amazing that you have such a positive attitude. I don't know if I'd be the same.

Heal up fast.

Comments

The_Lurker: Thank you. I have always tried to stop and smell the roses

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Larry you have to give more than a green rep to just shit on a guys joke Japanese squat style.

And Lurker get well. Your house is still in good shape.

Comments

The_Lurker: thank you my crazy friend

LarryLaffer: i'm breaking new ground in shitting on posters

Banned
    Load Metric
    Just did 600 and wanted to do more, but the boss gave me "the look" and I said yes dear.

Load Metric
    Just did 600 and wanted to do more, but the boss gave me "the look" and I said yes dear.
    Hopefully you're also getting a steady supply of blowjobs? For extra motivation.
    Last edited by hongkonger; 07-23-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Hurt people hurt people.

Pitiful people watch info wars and repeat the embarrassing and moronic content.

And you're a dog that don't hunt.

Comments

The_Lurker: yeah that didn't sound awkward and retarded
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric

My wonderful lady has been nothing short of a rock star nurse, and kept me in a good mood.

Here's to a speedy recovery with the help of your wonderful lady.

Name:  IMG_6557.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  157.0 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Here's to hoping for a full recovery for one of my favorite posters. Keep a good attitude & things will work out.

Comments

The_Lurker: thank you
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information