Thread: How'd you like to be this Vegas police officer today?

Load Metric

How'd you like to be this Vegas police officer today?

Load Metric
    I'd be concerned that I had fired 5 shots and only 2 hit the perp. I'd be getting my ass to the range and working on fundamentals of shooting on the run. The write up sez shots fired from about 3 yards, video slo-mo backs that figure up or possibly closer. Either way it's close range, and every bullet not slowing or coming to a stop in the perps body could maim or kill shoppers in what appears to be a busy area.

Comments

Mintjewlips: Such a n-word

Load Metric
    the cop applied emergency medical care to the guy he just shot.

that's the unbelievable part.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    The asshole had an extensive criminal history. Shocker:

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/ju...tensive-crime/

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

Not sure why this is unbelievable, they often do. Case in point: the recent shooting of the unarmed Mpls woman by the Somalian immigrant cop. They also performed CPR until paramedics arrived.

Officers also attempted CPR in the Philando Castille shooting.

In another case, a group of 3 black teenagers attempted to rob a CCW Permit holder in St Paul. One of the teens pulled a gun on the victim, who drew his legal firearm, shot and killed the teen. The victim in this case also attempted life saving measures on the kid who just tried to rob him until paramedics arrived. Pretty sure its taught in CCW classes.
    Last edited by wrenchjockey; 07-22-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegallyNonBindingPosts View Post
    I'd be concerned that I had fired 5 shots and only 2 hit the perp. I'd be getting my ass to the range and working on fundamentals of shooting on the run. The write up sez shots fired from about 3 yards, video slo-mo backs that figure up or possibly closer. Either way it's close range, and every bullet not slowing or coming to a stop in the perps body could maim or kill shoppers in what appears to be a busy area.
    i gather your chief objection is a shot taken with bystanders downrange...i believe that doesn't take much time to train: just an awareness goes a long way to reducing that potential, indeed it's part of the gun culture that the person shooting a firearm is responsible for all downrange damage done by the bullet == in California, that is on the firearms permit exam

i watched the video...didn't see anyone behind the target...and given that when the officer shot there was a gun pointed at the officer and both parties were running all out, 2 out of five shots hitting was good enough--from the video i doubt the officer ever saw his front sights: it was a point shooting
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post

Not sure why this is unbelievable, they often do. Case in point: the recent shooting of the unarmed Mpls woman by the Somalian immigrant cop. They also performed CPR until paramedics arrived.

Officers also attempted CPR in the Philando Castille shooting.

In another case, a group of 3 black teenagers attempted to rob a CCW Permit holder in St Paul. One of the teens pulled a gun on the victim, who drew his legal firearm, shot and killed the teen. The victim in this case also attempted life saving measures on the kid who just tried to rob him until paramedics arrived. Pretty sure its taught in CCW classes.

have you ever seen the LaQuan McDonald shooting?

there's plenty of other examples. like Michael Scottt. instead if preforming cpr Slager decided he'd try and frame the guy by planting his tazer on him

in your above examples, by the way, all but the 3rd are shootings that were not only unjustified but downright wrong and shouldn't have happened in the first place.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information