Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Negan kills .. someone... or he doesnt... who cares...

Load Metric
    Best thing I ever did was stop watching this show. I come in here every 2-3 months and I'm all caught up.

Load Metric
    the thing that kills me about this show, endlessly, is negan will be like "if you can whip my ass then you get control of the saviors" and then somehow end up slapfighting with the one person left who is worse at fighting than he is.

like is there absolutely no one left alive who wrestled in high school?

also it looks like that helicopter last week was related to the commonwealth and we are just totally skipping over the whisperers, which almost kinda makes sense because they probably want to end the show with the whisperers or something? because there is literally nothing else interesting in the comics?

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I God Damned had a heart attack from laughter when I saw a commercial that showed members of TWD are in the other Zombie spin off show in LA.

What a dumpster fire this is, and I haven't watched in 3 years.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I God Damned had a heart attack from laughter when I saw a commercial that showed members of TWD are in the other Zombie spin off show in LA.

What a dumpster fire this is, and I haven't watched in 3 years.

I love that Carl was literally like "guys im out, im done, kill my character" and they literally had to do it.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    from the FTWD trailers i've seen, it almost seems like they are in the commonwealth, which leads me to believe the two shows might eventually combine?

i mean it looked like a stadium similar to the commonwealth, and with the old lady and her two aspies, and the helicopter...could very well happen

it's not like it could get any worse, so what the hell

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    from the FTWD trailers i've seen, it almost seems like they are in the commonwealth, which leads me to believe the two shows might eventually combine?

i mean it looked like a stadium similar to the commonwealth, and with the old lady and her two aspies, and the helicopter...could very well happen

coge++ but just the logistics of it all seems absurd. just juggling two combined shows plots.

related note, if negan dies, i guess its a wrap for the whisperers? does that sound right?

also i literally dont give a fuck about spoiling this show for anyone ever so be warned.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

coge++ but just the logistics of it all seems absurd. just juggling two combined shows plots.

related note, if negan dies, i guess its a wrap for the whisperers? does that sound right?

also i literally dont give a fuck about spoiling this show for anyone ever so be warned.
    i'm guessing maybe they looked at the production costs of adding the whisperers to what they already have to pay for making extras into zombies and said fuck it, let's skip it

whatever they do, they def need to shake things up a bit and try something new, or else they will continue to see their ratings PLOP

Load Metric
    i still think they are saving the whisperers for like, the last 2 or 3 seasons.

i also think they are just going to snap this dumpster fire off clean any day now tho.

i also dont think anything because lol at this fucking show,i mean honestly at this point wow.

Load Metric
    The 10th season of The Walking Dead will be the last unless the lawsuits against AMC are resolved in the favor of the producers, agents and creators of this show.

Next week, in the finale of the 8th season.

Morgan says "fuck you" to Rick, boards the helicopter and says "goodbye" to these motherfuckers.

About damn time.

Gold
    Load Metric
    it still angers me thinking about how good this show should have been if amc didnt assfuck frank darabont.

not sure if these ever got brought up here but there is some pure gold in some of the emails he was sending to amc executives before he got fired.

----------------------------------------------------

Email to Gale Anne Hurd and others
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 10:39 p.m.

Guys and gals,

I am in a state of absolutely boiling rage right now.

I just kept Denise on the phone for 20 minutes making her listen to me scream. I hope she conveys to you what the tenor of it, because you need to grasp my fury. I have never been a screamer, but I am now. The work being done on this episode has turned me into one. Congratulations, you all accomplished what I thought was impossible. You’ve turned me into a raging a–hole. Thanks a lot, you f—ers.

Everybody, especially our directors, better wake the f— up and pay attention. Or I will start killing people and throwing bodies out the door.

F— you all for giving me chest pains because of the staggering f—ing incompetence, blindness to the important beats, and the beyond-arrogant lack of regard for what is written being exhibited on set every day. I deserve better than a heart attack because people are too stupid to read a script and understand the words. Does anybody disagree with me? Then join the C-cam operator and go find another job that doesn’t involve deliberately f—ing up my show scene by scene.

Email to Ben Davis
    July 21, 2010, 12:11 a.m.

Please let’s stop invoking the “writers room.” There IS no writers room, which you know as well as I do. I am the writers room. The lazy f—ing a–holes who were supposedly going to be my showrunners threw that responsibility on me after wasting five months of my time.

If it were up to me, I’d have not only fired Chic Egles and Jack LoGuidice when they handed me the worst episode 3 script imaginable, I’d have hunted them down and f—ing killed them with a brick, then gone and burned down their homes. I haven’t even spoken to those worthless talentless hack sons-of-bitches since their 3rd draft was phoned in after five months of all their big talk and promises that they’d dig deep and have my back covered.

They didn’t have my back, they rammed knives into it.

Professional courtesy is something one earns, and those douchebags have not earned mine. I don’t want to see them cc-ed on ANYTHING any more. They renounced that privilege by not even trying to live up to their job descriptions, by instead leaving me dangling in the wind like a hanged man. Calling their 103 “phoned-in” would be vastly overstating, because they were too busy wasting my time and your money to bother picking the damn phone up. Those f—ing overpaid con artists.

Email to Gwyneth Horder-Payton and others
    Monday, June 13, 2011, 7:18 p.m.

I am profoundly let down by some of this footage. I’m boiling mad.

YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE MOTHERF—ING SCRIPT! I EVEN CHOOSE MY GODDAMN COMMAS FOR A REASON! WHY AM I WORKING SO F—ING HARD IF YOU’RE SHOOTING EVERYTHING SOME OTHER WAY THAT DOESN’T WORK?

Email to Denise Huth and others
    June 16, 2011, 12:21 a.m.

Shane being chased by zombies on the Parkway and being rescued by the RV is a major element we must reshoot. Seeing those dailies today left me gobsmacked and thinking I should fake my own death, leave town, and live under an assumed name. There are some shots we can use from Gwyneth’s footage, but only shots. Right now the sequence doesn’t exist. Re-shooting this along with everything else is something we have to plan for. And I haven’t even vetted the goat farm stuff yet, but I can safely bet you a million dollars there are major problems there too.

Denise, I’m putting my anger and disappointment at Gwyneth aside when I say this. I promise I’m not being a hyperbolic–.

Remember our experience with Allan Garfield on The Majestic? We were all so shocked because it was like he had no grasp of the basics of his craft? And it turned out later that he’d had a stroke he was unaware of? And a few months after we wrapped, the massive secondary stroke happened that put him permanently in the hospital?

I am honest-to-God wondering if Gwyneth hasn’t experienced the same thing. That’s how fundamentally f—ed this footage is. It’s as if she’s totally lost her grasp of what to do. It’s like we yanked some kid with no experience out of high school and put her in charge of directing a show. And what’s really weird is that she doesn’t seem to know it.

Comments

sonatine: italian chef fingertip-kiss

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Best thing I ever did was stop watching this show. I come in here every 2-3 months and I'm all caught up.
    I still watch but it reeeeallly sucks.

Load Metric
    twd finale

that is why I don't do handloads.....factory only
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    twd finale

that is why I don't do handloads.....factory only
    handloads are great if you do them yourself

yeah, that sounded kinda bad

Load Metric
    man that was awful.

but the fact that negan is alive means whisperers might be in play.

Load Metric
    Rick is gone in season 9

Hopefully the whole series is gone by season 10.

Load Metric
    season 9:

+ alpha & the whisperers
    - rick

Load Metric
    so yeah, this is a thing again.

havent watched. probably wont for a while considering my fingers going to be glued to the skip-30-seconds button and id rather wait until have 4 or 5 eps in dvr so i can basically have 30 aggregate minutes of footage to watch.

Load Metric
    Lets calm down trash bag

Load Metric
    I don't give a shit about Rick or Maggie.

I doubt the writers have the balls to execute both of them.

So at least one of them will simply walk away into the sunset and we will have no idea what happened to them.

I liked the second half of season 4 of Fear The Walking Dead: The Morgan Chronicles. Each week Morgan enters a new town and tries to save people. It's now a better show than the original Walking Dead TV series.

Thread Information