Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Negan kills .. someone... or he doesnt... who cares...

Load Metric

Negan kills .. someone... or he doesnt... who cares...

10/22/17

Not going to lie, thats a pretty great promo. I'm sure the season will disappoint, of course, but credit where due.

But yeah writings on the wall, they are already floating Fear of the Walking Dead / The Walking Dead crossovers at comic-con so uuuugggggghhhhhhhhh..
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    "The Walking Dead" is becoming like "Fear The Walking Dead" where most of the episodes are bullshit with a couple of good episodes thrown in.
    There is a rumor that the show will fast-forward into the future. Not very far into the future when the show is cancelled and the cast is killed off.

George Romero was right. The Walking Dead is a fucking soap opera.

Try watching America Horror Story instead.

Comments

sonatine:

Load Metric
    This nerd I work with told me he is 100% sure since the source of the virus is unknown and the author of the comics said he won't reveal it that this is all a dream Rick has been having while in a coma. I made a bet with him that there is no motherfucker way they will go the Newhart path. Shit better not happen or I'm out a volcanic island.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    This nerd I work with told me he is 100% sure since the source of the virus is unknown and the author of the comics said he won't reveal it that this is all a dream Rick has been having while in a coma. I made a bet with him that there is no motherfucker way they will go the Newhart path. Shit better not happen or I'm out a volcanic island.

They dropped a ton of hints in Fear of the blah blah that it was in water but whatever. Bottom line is I expect youll collect on that bet.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

They dropped a ton of hints in Fear of the blah blah that it was in water but whatever. Bottom line is I expect youll collect on that bet.
    I honestly haven't watched 1 episode of fear the walking dead.

Load Metric

I honestly haven't watched 1 episode of fear the walking dead.

There was a point where I was like "oh wow this whole show is going to be about the urban zombie experience as society crumbles" and literally like 45 minutes later they escaped to some dudes lux yacht immediately before the military firebombing of Los Angeles and it just got dumber and dumber from there.

It's also delightfully oblivious about how hard its flirting with outright racism when it seems to constantly imbue every non-white culture with over the top nativist neo-paganism. I legit gave up on it early this season but apparently its currently getting into the Native American perspective on the zombie apocalypse, having apparently drank its fill at the well of neo-Santerķa Mexico.

Load Metric
    bump because someone is tossing another match in this dumpster fire in about 2 hours.

i think i keep watching because i just want to be there when their luck runs out and their stupidity catches up with them. i might be waiting a while.

also 100% confirmed somehow they are going to facilitate a tie-in / crossover between the walking dead & fear of the walking dead, despite the latter taking place in southern california / san diego and walking dead taking place in georgia.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: I think they are saying this to boost the numbers on fear as it has dwindled down to and below 2million as of this season

Load Metric
    You have a lot of time invested Tine and there was some signs of hope early on, but honestly, time to cut bait and head back to shore.

Comments

sonatine: pot committed and honestly sunday is my tv night and the pool is evaporating
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    bump because someone is tossing another match in this dumpster fire in about 2 hours.

i think i keep watching because i just want to be there when their luck runs out and their stupidity catches up with them. i might be waiting a while.

also 100% confirmed somehow they are going to facilitate a tie-in / crossover between the walking dead & fear of the walking dead, despite the latter taking place in southern california / san diego and walking dead taking place in georgia.

rather enjoyed the final two shows of fear the rest are mostly unwatchable.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    They're called negros, and they're not all killers.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    i watched, i think most if not all of the first ep of the last season of fear and could not honestly believe how terrible it was, it was like someones high school media lab extra credit assignment.

it takes a lot to make me walk away and fear pulled it off.

i suppose its not impossible that i get bored enough to backfill someday, especially if this crossover shit happens.

because as mentioned, boy o boy are there not a lot of interesting shows stepping up to replace things like leftovers, GoT, etc.

Load Metric
    What do people see in this shows. Its just a bunch of zombies.

Load Metric
    boy o boy are there not a lot of interesting shows stepping up to replace things like leftovers, GoT, etc.
    2nd season of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency started a week ago, but other than that nothing much. Less than a week to Stranger Things and little over a month to Vikings.

People like such different things with tv-shows that i rarely suggests or criticize anything unless i know some other shows the person likes. Like say Suburra that a few people liked in the Netflix thread. I though it was just the earlier movie stretched in to 10 hours with random overtly dramatic shit sprinkled in to fill the time. I don't think there was a single likeable character in it (and not in a good way). With Gomorra the movie worked as a prelude and they mostly kept excessive drama in check. Half the characters are bastards of some kind but still likeable. I liked one show but hated the other, but i can see that there are people that like both shows.

Load Metric
    I forgot how terrible this show is, and I say that from the heart.

Load Metric
    I forgot how terrible this show is, and I say that from the heart.
    "Sunk costs" does not qualify as a reason to waste more time. Even Marty's mother gave up on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    I have watched from the start so sunk costs are defo at play here I wont watch but that opening episode was so bad Id make a list of all the holes in it but would literally be the entire fucking thing just so bad on so many levels urgh

Load Metric
    I mean last series ended with negan declaring we going to war and somehow they want us to believe his entire defenses are 3 random dudes hanging round on their own and 2 blokes chilling on the roof c'mon maaaaaaan

Load Metric
    and dont get me started on the random hoard of zombies that just happens to appear out of nowhere at the perfect time to be lured into negans base its like the whole episode was centered around getting some cool shots for the s8 trailer

Comments

sonatine: UUGGGGHHHH

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    I mean last series ended with negan declaring we going to war and somehow they want us to believe his entire defenses are 3 random dudes hanging round on their own and 2 blokes chilling on the roof c'mon maaaaaaan

also fun fact corrugated sheet metal will barely stop a pellet gun, everyone's guns apparently have unlimited ammo cheat mode enabled, 'piss patrol' is not a compelling adult insult, for a military operation no one seemed alarmed that the lookouts werent responding, negan sauntering around less than what 50 yards from two dozen people with weapons with no cover, and the whole shitting pants meme was kinda amusing for the 20 seconds or so where it wasnt a meme.

there was probably more to go ham at but i fast forwarded through every scene without a gun OH AND SPEAKING OF WHICH michonne is unbelievably awful now and seems to have absolutely no purpose here but to eventually mourn over rick's casket.

also what exactly was the point of any of rick's plan?

again he had something like 7 straight minutes where anyone with any gun could have shot negan.

and why is father whatever freaking out that negan is in the camper with him when he's got a loaded automatic weapon cradled in his arm?

Comments

JACKDANIELS: all of this

Suicide King: Totally

Load Metric
    of all places, cracked.com just drove a dagger through this shows heart.

basically they pointed out that shows like Lost/GoT/Breaking Bad had 'built in expiration dates' where by there is an arc with a conclusion and yes we might take some detours along the way but there is a singularity at the end of each.

the worst kept secret right now is that TWD is more wrestling than tv show; the producers at AMC fully expect the show to outlive us all, and instead of getting caught up with character arcs, they are just rebranding the exact same seasonal plot arcs over, and over, and over, and over again and will absolutely quite likely never break out of that loop because the show is going to stay in the green for a long time.

and sooner or later, yeah, enough people are going to finally say 'ok this is gay' and at that point, they will likely do a 2 season wind down where suddenly all the characters lose their godmode shit and end up dying from tooth infections etc.

Thread Information