Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LOL Canada: City government claims staircase will cost up to $150k to build, man builds it for $550

Load Metric
    Agree total waste of money. 500 bucks way too much for such shitty stairs and homeless workmanship. For 100 bucks i will buy a bag of gravel and dump it there. Just as good and 1/5 the price.

Load Metric
    lol @ Druff ever thinking that staircase is any good. Guarantee it would cause way more, & worse, injuries than slipping while going down the grassy hill.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Folks you have to remember how stupid Canadian politicians are sometimes.. (as a dual citizen with ton of family in Ontario as well as out in Alberta I have some direct connection to the stupidity). This is the same country that recently decided to pay money to a goathumper (who was technically a Canadian Citizen by birth but left the country as a child) who was held at Gitmo by the US after being captured in Afghanistan and who was directly responsible for the death of 1 US soldier and the permenant disability of another.. Lest to say a lot of Canadian military are up in arms over Justin Trudeau's actions.. See article for more info but long story this ass got C$10.5M because he was treated like a terroristic POS that he was and the left wing liberals don't like anybody being held accountable.. Based on what Ive heard including from snowbirds who were here in AZ over the winter don't expect Justin to last long as PM.. Its very likely his coalition govt is going to get imploded forcing elections and likely costing Trudeau's party Ottawa again..

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...adr-settlement

Load Metric
    I think Druff is mostly correct here, as in proving that it could be done without that ridiculous number to build a proper staircase, but Druff you need to cool it with the Canada bashing. We have Donald Trump as our President, Canada wins. I also use to date a Canadian girl and Canada is awesome, Point Pelee being a very beautiful place to see, would have never gotten to see it otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Folks you have to remember how stupid Canadian politicians are sometimes.. (as a dual citizen with ton of family in Ontario as well as out in Alberta I have some direct connection to the stupidity). This is the same country that recently decided to pay money to a goathumper (who was technically a Canadian Citizen by birth but left the country as a child) who was held at Gitmo by the US after being captured in Afghanistan and who was directly responsible for the death of 1 US soldier and the permenant disability of another.. Lest to say a lot of Canadian military are up in arms over Justin Trudeau's actions.. See article for more info but long story this ass got C$10.5M because he was treated like a terroristic POS that he was and the left wing liberals don't like anybody being held accountable.. Based on what Ive heard including from snowbirds who were here in AZ over the winter don't expect Justin to last long as PM.. Its very likely his coalition govt is going to get imploded forcing elections and likely costing Trudeau's party Ottawa again..

That's a wild and bizarre story that doesn't look good from a number of vantage points.
    Trudeau has no worries however. There's a strong backbone in that family and it rings true here unlike the many U.S. sycophant leaders we've had in the past.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SysOp View Post
    I think Druff is mostly correct here, as in proving that it could be done without that ridiculous number to build a proper staircase, but Druff you need to cool it with the Canada bashing. We have Donald Trump as our President, Canada wins. I also use to date a Canadian girl and Canada is awesome, Point Pelee being a very beautiful place to see, would have never gotten to see it otherwise.
    I have gone to Canada a number of times this decade, and I have enjoyed visiting it. I also give props to Canada for its low crime rate.

Unfortunately, Canada is suffering from a major SJW takeover in their culture (worse than the US, to be honest), and I'm no fan of their PM.

Regarding Canadian girls, I have nothing bad to say about them. I never dated one, but the ones I've encountered have been sweet, and they often were pretty yet lacking the arrogance that many pretty American girls have.

I remember back in 2000, I was at a party and there was a really pretty 19-year-old Canadian girl there by herself. Not sure how she found out about it or why she was there alone, but she said that she had just moved to LA, knew nobody, and was hoping to meet people. She was incredibly sweet and good-natured, and I really liked her. She also seemed to like me, and we got along really well, but I had a girlfriend at the time who I wasn't really into very much. I eventually told this chick it was nice meeting her, and went my own way. I later saw her leaving with some fat, greasy Persian guy she must have met after me. The lousy relationship with that girlfriend ended like a month later, making me really regret not just dumping her on the spot and hooking up with the Canadian.

Comments

ftpjesus: Druff getting Krypted is just ironic..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    and he was told that it would cost anywhere between $65,000 to $150,000. He was also told that it would take a long time to get done

So this price for a small staircase comes from who? The old man. It looks like eight steps max, lumber maybe two hundred considering that's all they used. No one in their right mind believes this old schmuk with the estimate. Vat are ya nuts or somethin?

And besides the absurdity of the story, have you ever seen stairs like that. I know nothing about carpentry but I've never seen anything like it.

Also, no one knows or cares what SJW even means here. It's nothing new for people to look out for each other in these parts
    number one difference with our southern cousins. yee ha

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    and he was told that it would cost anywhere between $65,000 to $150,000. He was also told that it would take a long time to get done

So this price for a small staircase comes from who? The old man. It looks like eight steps max, lumber maybe two hundred considering that's all they used. No one in their right mind believes this old schmuk with the estimate. Vat are ya nuts or somethin?

And besides the absurdity of the story, have you ever seen stairs like that. I know nothing about carpentry but I've never seen anything like it.

The mayor admitted that this figure was actually given to the old man. He also admitted it was absurd.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

The mayor admitted that this figure was actually given to the old man. He also admitted it was absurd.
    here's the quote

"Mayor John Tory acknowledged the absurdity of the city's estimates" No where does it say the mayor took a look at the estimate and said this or that.
    He doesn't say that figure was given to the old man. Period. He said such a price was absurd and left it because who would investigate such a claim?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At first I thought this was a Globe and Mail story, a respected rag out of Toronto, but it's Global News TV, which is on a lower rung but should not get away with such poor reporting. My brother happens to be a news director at a Canadian TV station and I'll give you his feedback(if he responds)
    No biggie if it's a community advertising junket but it should never hit TV unless it's Mayberry Tonight

And of course other 2nd rate news outlets run it as gospel.

hang on a sec, I meant to say my brother directed traffic near a public news outlet in North America

Load Metric
    Is it just a Jewish thing to seek out ways of defending the action of building shit on other peoples property?

Comments

sonatine: +10 points gryffendor post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Repost from the trump thread, despite the title this isn't a political video.

It's more of an interesting guide to Canada that you probably won't hear from official sources. He even mentions King Louie's role in the creation of these incredibly hot Canadian women, umm yea.

Comments

LarryLaffer: a repost from the trump thread. you are a fucking joke

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    ...Based on what Ive heard including from snowbirds who were here in AZ over the winter don't expect Justin to last long as PM.. Its very likely his coalition govt is going to get imploded forcing elections and likely costing Trudeau's party Ottawa again..

Trudeau won 184 of the 338 seats in the 2015 Canadian federal election. He has no coalition with another party and has been vocal about keeping it that way (he doesn't need one and wants to avoid watering down his "pure Liberal" vision, or so he says when asked about forming coalitions). This is about as strong of a majority as you'll ever see in Canada.

His approval rating is down somewhat since the 2015 election but it's still pretty high.

BTW, in the previous Canadian election in 2011, the Liberal party won only 34 of the lesser 308 seats in existence at the time. But they were led by a rather uncharismatic guy. Never underestimate the cult of personality in Canada...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    That staircase could have been built professionally for $1200 max. Passing every bullshit "safety requirement" known to man.

Load Metric
    Just got back from a bike ride to Point Pelee, and no, I didn't see Larry on the way. That said it is as far south as Barcelona Spain yet still in Canada. Who knew we had native cactus growing in Canada. It is a nice spot for sure but I'm not sure it would hit the top 10 list for anything except for birders and tick scientists.

You are right about the country comparison. As long as the Trump Crime Family is in place the US is spewing equity left, right, and center. I'm no fan of Justin mainly due to his crazy spending and lack of relative experience but at least his policy drive is not based on self enrichment. Being the son of a former leader is not a quality I value. Save that shit for the powerless Monarch.
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    How on earth do you think it's possible to tell how sturdy these steps are by a photo?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Just got back from a bike ride to Point Pelee, and no, I didn't see Larry on the way. That said it is as far south as Barcelona Spain yet still in Canada. Who knew we had native cactus growing in Canada. It is a nice spot for sure but I'm not sure it would hit the top 10 list for anything except for birders and tick scientists.

You are right about the country comparison. As long as the Trump Crime Family is in place the US is spewing equity left, right, and center. I'm no fan of Justin mainly due to his crazy spending and lack of relative experience but at least his policy drive is not based on self enrichment. Being the son of a former leader is not a quality I value. Save that shit for the powerless Monarch.
    You rode 660km round trip to/from Point Pelee?

I almost stopped there 3 years ago when driving from Windsor to Toronto, but decided there wasn't enough to see to be worth the detour.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

You rode 660km round trip to/from Point Pelee?

I almost stopped there 3 years ago when driving from Windsor to Toronto, but decided there wasn't enough to see to be worth the detour.
    I took the long way. Close to 2600km in total.

Load Metric
    Lets be honest truth be told they need to build a ramp instead of stairs because Canada has their own accessibility laws similar to ADA and the steps would deny access to those in wheelchairs and everythingelse.. So there we go truth is the 65k was for a fully functional moving walkway both directions with electrical work and such.. Viola it all makes sense now..

Load Metric
    They've removed the stairs & are in the process of building proper stairs budgeted at $10,000.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...id=mailsignout
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information