Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesus Christ, Druff.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchjockey View Post
    Pro tip: If the reporter is on camera, look at the reporter when you're talking. If the reporter isn't on camera, look at the camera.
    Only if you have canned responses to expected questions. If someone is thinking while responding, the direction of their gaze will tend to move around, some more than others. And it tends to more pronounced when the interviewee is trying to provide an answer that includes both factual and emotional information. It is a natural neurolinquistic response.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    LMAO at you freaks giving interview tips.

Comments

michael: lolz

Tellafriend: lmao

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    LMAO at you freaks giving interview tips.
    ya. that's not how it's done.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Pro tip: If the reporter is on camera, look at the reporter when you're talking. If the reporter isn't on camera, look at the camera.
    Only if you have canned responses to expected questions. If someone is thinking while responding, the direction of their gaze will tend to move around, some more than others. And it tends to more pronounced when the interviewee is trying to provide an answer that includes both factual and emotional information. It is a natural neurolinquistic response.
    Please use more big words to show us just how smart you are.
    Maybe correct someones grammar while you're at it!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Or he could just FOAD

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Or he could just FOAD

Freightliner Operate and Drive?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post

Or he could just FOAD

Freightliner Operate and Drive?

PONTIAC?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric
    Fuck Obnoxious Asswipe Drwarf

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding the tournament I was discussing in that video, it was the $1500 Mixed Limit event -- which was half limit holdem, half NL holdem.

This was a great event because it was full of NL donks who sucked at limit, so my strategy was basically to be uber-tight during the NL part and crush during the limit part.

As quickly mentioned at the beginning of the interview, I was very short stacked on the stone bubble but chose to get it in repeatedly anyway. I took the attitude of, "I'm a high limit player. Fuck it if I don't get a min cash", and it actually worked. I got a few double-ups, and then I got myself back to a healthy stack. I remember Pocketfives or some other reporting site posting an update that I was aggressively putting it in on the bubble.

At one point, I seemed to be in great shape. There were about 13 players left, and only one of them (Jonathan Tamayo) had any real experience with limit holdem. I remember some of the remaining players actually told me that they felt uncomfortable playing against me in limit holdem (no idea why they revealed that, but I could see it was true). I had a fairly good stack, and I built a big pot in the limit holdem part, and seemed in great shape to win the hand. Then an ace fell on the river -- I think it was a 2-outer (I believe I had top pair and a flush draw), and I lost the hand to a guy who had called down with ace-high/no-draw. It was all downhill from there, as I stopped winning hands, and I busted in 10th. Very disappointing.

The guy who bad beat me in that hand ended up winning the bracelet. He was an older guy, and seemed to be a recreational player. Jonathan Tamayo came in second, and reported that he took disgusting beat after disgusting beat against the guy heads up. Once I busted, I actually thought Tamayo was going to win, because he was the only remaining player who was competent and both games, and he had a big stack.

The did away with this event about 2 years later, which saddened me.

Oh, and also this video's audio is timed wrong, so that also adds to the strangeness of the whole thing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The steak and eggs part of Brandon's story was made up, btw.

I just went with it for further lulz.

Had to get that off my chest. Now I feel better.

Comments

LarryLaffer: a likely story

Load Metric
    I was told to look at the interviewer, never the camera, for in person interview.

Load Metric
    The steak and eggs part of Brandon's story was made up, btw.

I just went with it for further lulz.

Had to get that off my chest. Now I feel better.
    I was wondering about that, win $80,000 you are going to splash around on something. Better steak and eggs a cheap splurge no matter what.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post

I was told to look at the interviewer, never the camera, for in person interview.
    I was also told this, but then I started feeling weird about it, because the interviewer was over a foot shorter than me, and it seemed like the camera was mostly on me. I felt like looking at her would make it look like I was staring at the floor.

That's the main reason I seemed confused as to which direction I should look.

Load Metric
    jfc you don't have to rationalize every single action you've ever taken. We get it, you've never been wrong or at fault for anything in your adult life.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    jfc you don't have to rationalize every single action you've ever taken. We get it, you've never been wrong or at fault for anything in your adult life.
    I knew some dumbass would respond with something like this.

I'm not rationalizing. I remember it really well, and I wanted people to know the truth as to why my eyes were darting all over the place. What, are you disappointed that I didn't give a response like, "Sorry, I'm autistic and I'm really uncomfortable talking to people in real life"?

I'm not afraid or uncomfortable with public speaking or doing interviews, as can be seen in other videos where I spoke to a much larger audience (such as the UB stuff). However, I haven't done many interviews in my life, and I never had to deal with being on camera with someone about 14 inches shorter than me. It's the type of shit you never think about until it actually happens.

Load Metric
    I'm not addressing the video because I didn't even watch it, but my point is you have repeatedly exhibited a disturbing pattern of behavior where you're essentially never willing to concede anything, even in the face of overwhelming dissent.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not addressing the video because I didn't even watch it, but my point is you have repeatedly exhibited a disturbing pattern of behavior where you're essentially never willing to concede anything, even in the face of overwhelming dissent.
    Find a better example next time, then.

Load Metric
    I knew some dumbass would respond with something like this.

I'm not rationalizing. I remember it really well, and I wanted people to know the truth as to why my eyes were darting all over the place. What, are you disappointed that I didn't give a response like, "Sorry, I'm autistic and I'm really uncomfortable talking to people in real life"?

I'm not afraid or uncomfortable with public speaking or doing interviews, as can be seen in other videos where I spoke to a much larger audience (such as the UB stuff). However, I haven't done many interviews in my life, and I never had to deal with being on camera with someone about 14 inches shorter than me. It's the type of shit you never think about until it actually happens.
    Other much-taller interviewees face the same issue. Check out how LeBron James handled it immediately after a very big game. He also did not look at the interviewer's face very much, albeit his situation was much more emotional than yours.

Fast-forward to about 3:50 for the start of the interview...

Name:  IMG_6496.PNG
Views: 236
Size:  1.49 MB

Name:  IMG_6498.PNG
Views: 228
Size:  1.64 MB

Name:  IMG_6497.PNG
Views: 227
Size:  1.50 MB

Name:  IMG_6499.PNG
Views: 234
Size:  1.57 MB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    Todd is god / end thread

TMMLK found it cute back in the day videos. You seemed very close as friends could be.

TMMLK predicts LA Dodgers making the worlds series this year and the "possibility" of losing to the Cleveland Indians in the world series.

Comments

Dan Druff: BALLIN!!!

Thread Information