Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Druff Analysis

Load Metric

Druff Analysis

The fairytale may be coming to an end. For some of us, the more perceptively inclined, its been a long time coming. For the rest of you, this latest string of morbid WSOP results may have finally woken you up. The once gregarious, youthful founder of this forum is officially past it. That "mojo" has worn thin. Hampered by a young child born out of wedlock and the mean reverting nature of poker can certainly be classified as the primary contributing factors to his demise. We haven't heard from the man in several days, and expect this to be the case for the foreseeable future. Unquestionably, he's a beaten man. If you're looking for him, you may be able to catch a glimpse of his hunched figure at a SoCal tj-maxx. I for one didn't want to see him go out this way, but it was essentially inevitable. Lets all just take a moment to pray for all of the min wage customer service reps that will have to cross paths with "Dandruff" from here on out.

Comments

hongkonger: What a douche

Load Metric
    aaaaaaand
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Krypts parents need to start monitoring their ouzo supply the kid is sloshed

Comments

JACKDANIELS: so sloshed

IamGreek: He aint Greek hence no ouzo

Load Metric
    Checked out Druff's twitter and confirmed still not over his recent run of std variance.

Look at the venom he was spitting at some hot poker chick named Courtney lol. Very enjoyable exchange. He did us proud.

Reckons he's got another cold also, so no radio for the foreseeable lol

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Points For Pointing Out The Twitter LOLz Rep
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    reckons?

ugh

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Checked out Druff's twitter and confirmed still not over his recent run of std variance.

Look at the venom he was spitting at some hot poker chick named Courtney lol. Very enjoyable exchange. He did us proud.

that exchange is HOF...that chick is delusional on about 1000 levels...im sure she's getting staked in poker because she's a GTO master who's making her male backers a ton of money instead of ya know those backers wanting to fuck her...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

that exchange is HOF...that chick is delusional on about 1000 levels...im sure she's getting staked in poker because she's a GTO master who's making her male backers a ton of money instead of ya know those backers wanting to fuck her...

Yep, he was spot on in his analysis of her. Druff was in his element and probably slept a little better last night because of it.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    The fairytale may be coming to an end. For some of us, the more perceptively inclined, its been a long time coming. For the rest of you, this latest string of morbid WSOP results may have finally woken you up. The once gregarious, youthful founder of this forum is officially past it. That "mojo" has worn thin. Hampered by a young child born out of wedlock and the mean reverting nature of poker can certainly be classified as the primary contributing factors to his demise. We haven't heard from the man in several days, and expect this to be the case for the foreseeable future. Unquestionably, he's a beaten man. If you're looking for him, you may be able to catch a glimpse of his hunched figure at a SoCal tj-maxx. I for one didn't want to see him go out this way, but it was essentially inevitable. Lets all just take a moment to pray for all of the min wage customer service reps that will have to cross paths with "Dandruff" from here on out.
    That was deep, like when you were dragged out of the deep end by a friendly pool boy, upsetting the parents.

If Druff doubles down, (figuratively, otherwise it would be over) in limit, the Star of David may rise again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Her name is Courtney Hamilton. She goes by @LiberalChick on Twitter, and plays sometimes on Live at the Bike. She's 31 years old, fairly pretty, and used to have some kind of political job in DC.

That's all I know about her. Believe it or not, I didn't give her a hard time because of her liberal politics. They didn't play into this situation at all. I've never met her personally, but I've seen her on Twitter many times (I think follows some people who comment on me a lot), and I had never addressed her before.

This time, she showed up to Twitter with the following guessing game:

At first, like many others, I thought this would be fun. People would guess, one would eventually get it right, she would reveal the correct answer, and we'd find out the backstory behind this situation, perhaps with the guy showing up to defend himself.

Nope!

Instead, she fielded about 50 guesses, complete with snarky "Nope, you're wrong, he's actually a close friend of mine" type responses, but never revealed the answer.

After awhile, people asked her when she would be revealing the answer. She said that she wouldn't be revealing the answer at all. When asked why she did this guessing game, she stated, "For my amusement."

When asked to state the circumstances of this sexual proposition, she refused to answer. The only thing she would say was that the guy was under 35, and that he stopped responding to her messages after this incident.

Eventually it became clear that she was referring to Ryan Fee, as he was the only guess she wouldn't deny, but simply said, "I know Ryan", and then put a zipped-mouth emoji.

Anyway, all of this occurred before I got involved. Figuring it was obviously Ryan Fee, I tweeted this, and got the response below it:

... which kicked off the following exchange...

Soooo.... at this point I was done being polite.

Here she was attention whoring on Twitter with a guessing game of "OMG OMG guess which totally platonic male friend wanted to fuck me and now won't talk to me now that I said no?", and then after the internet played with her and guessed, she mocked anyone for having an interest in the answer.

Also obnoxious were here descriptions of wrong guesses, which always went something like, "No, XXXX is a close friend, and would never do that."

So it seemed like she had so many "close male friends" in poker, but it never dawned on her WHY so many males in poker were so drawn to establishing a friendship with her.

Knowing I might be stepping into the lion's den of white knights looking to impale me with their swords, I took a deep breath, threw caution to the wind, and started the following conversation:

She blocked me shortly after that.

Amazingly, not one white knight sprung to her defense, not even all the "close friends" she named in the thread.

That was the shocking part of this whole exchange. She must really be awful if not one dude stood up and said, "I'm friends with Courtney because she's a cool chick and I love hanging out with her", or something along those lines.

Anyway, I don't fault a pretty girl in poker for having a lot of male friends. In fact, it's probably difficult for some of these girls to discern the difference between the guys looking for legitimate friendship and the guys who are just trying to bide their time until they either get a shot at either sex or a relationship. But it's just beyond delusional for her to believe that her gender/looks were not at all a factor in so many male poker players wanting to get to know her. I also thought it was immature to run to Twitter and bitch about some male friend wanting to have sex with her, and his subsequent withdrawal from her life when she turned him down. Handle those issues in private -- and if you're going to take it public, either tell the whole story or GTFO.

And back to this supposedly awful dude who propositioned her, I think there's a fair chance that he misread some flirtations/signals from her, tried to make his move, was shot down, and was embarrassed. It's also possible that he just got drunk and said/typed some dumb shit to her, and again is embarrassed. Or it's possible that he was only "friends" with her for sexual reasons, and finally decided to make his move. We have no way to know, because she created this dumb guessing game which seemed to throw Ryan Fee under the bus, but refused to elaborate upon any of the details, or even confirm/deny whether it really is Fee.

Just horrible all around, and she annoyed me to the point where I felt like I wanted to say something.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: the todge still got it

Sloppy Joe: Tight life

MumblesBadly: Good to see you had a useful way to vent some frustration without resorting to kicking puppies.

gimmick:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here she is on Live at the Bike in October.

Turn down the sound if you don't want to hear Limon's annoying, raspy voice:

Load Metric
    What a legit horrible cunt.

Comments

gimmick:

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Post Main Event-Bustout Druff is GOD

Load Metric
    please keep the scope of the conversation within the confines of the central thesis

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding the Main, what can I say? I just wasn't winning hands on Day 3.

I got a brief reset of the situation when a double-up with 33 on a 39T board against JQ took me close to the stack I came into the day with, and then I actually got right back to that stack by winning the next hand.

However, that was pretty much all she wrote.

I kept running into what appeared to be real hands over and over (both preflop and postflop), and I was getting little action on the hands I hit, aside from the aforementioned 33 hand.

I also had the annoying situation of certain amateurs at the table randomly deciding when to hero call and when not to. One time a guy laid down AJ on an A-high board on the turn because he was worried I had a big hand (I did -- I had a set). He did this after thinking for like 3-5 minutes. However, another amateur hero-called KK on an A-high board with an identical turn bet, despite being fairly low on chips and being in trouble as to what to do on the river if I bet. (I didn't bet because it seemed he had talked himself into calling -- or perhaps was slowplaying a big hand, so I didn't want to shoot off most of the rest of my stack betting big enough to get him to fold.)

Keep in mind that I had been running people off pocket pairs (even JJ/QQ/KK) on A-high boards with a single flop/turn bet all Main Event, with a high rate of success. Just this time it didn't work. In case you think this guy was just a masterful player who read me like a book, keep in mind that he tank-called his KK pre against my 64k shove over his 22k 3-bet on the SB versus my button AQ. (Blinds were 2500/5000/500 at this point.) He took about 2 minutes. Why? Because he thought I might be "fake tanking AA". LOL!!! That was the hand where I busted, and it was so tilting to see he had KK after his tank made it clear to me that I was at least racing, and perhaps ahead. Believe it or not, I was very close to folding that AQ, despite only having 5 orbits' worth of chips left, and it being a button/SB confrontation.

Anyway, the day just didn't go well from the start, with the exception of that 333 hand. During the first 2 days, I won an incredibly high percentage of pots played (though no big ones), and was seemingly always making the right move. When I check/folded and gave up, I seemed to be always against a monster (I would either be shown the hand by the opponent, or I would see it on showdown against a 3rd player). When I checked back the turn with a strong hand, again, it turned out I was against a monster and a trap was being set. When I value bet, I was correct. When I bluffed, I was correct. So I really "saw" each hand extremely well during days 1-2, even against good players. Day 3 was the opposite, where I ran into real hand after real hand, and lost a high percentage of hands I played. I also played better on Days 1-2, perhaps both because I was running better and had a better table image.

But that's the way it goes. Day 3 has been a tough one for me, as I've gone out a few percentage from the money in 4 of the last 7 Main Events I've played.

Load Metric
    you're also running into apex predator NL players who look at you the same way you look at casuals 'taking a shot' at lhe.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    you're also running into apex predator NL players who look at you the same way you look at casuals 'taking a shot' at lhe.
    That's not what I ran into in my losing hands on Day 3, for the most part, though.

I literally ran into recs who weren't even all that big stacked, and were just seemingly randomly deciding whether to call or fold in certain situations, and it ended up confusing the fuck out of me.

The fact that everyone seemed to have a hand when I missed also wasn't good, either for my chip stack or my table image.

On Days 1-2, I cultivated a great table image of "solid but cautious middle aged guy with a bracelet (which I wore for this purpose) who isn't going to get out of line", and then I actually got out of line in various chosen spots and no one suspected a thing.

Came into Day 3 with the same plan, but it didn't work out, especially because I projected the image as the guy who seems to lose every pot he plays.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I thought you might like her because she's both liberal and likes ponies.

Load Metric
    Gotta ask, Tyde has been MIA since July 6th, about the time things went south with your events. Coincidence?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I thought you might like her because she's both liberal and likes ponies.

and normally thats totally my wheelhouse but her trashing a 'friend' in front of the largest possible audience because they felt they had to walk away from her (feelings, im guessing) is honestly jaw dropping.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hordell View Post
    Gotta ask, Tyde has been MIA since July 6th, about the time things went south with your events. Coincidence?

tyde is either back on his boat or hes locked down in an institution. there is literally no third option except death.

Thread Information