Thread: 59 months to vegas?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

59 months to vegas?

Fairly new member.

I have been playing online for about 10 years recreationally. Probably a slight loser overall. But can't seem to kick the leisure element.

I have always planned to go to vegas for the seniors event when I'm old enough. In the uk so its not a quick trip. Not sure why the seniors I guess that's just a target.

However taking into consideration Todd statement regarding the quality of players in the event in 5 years and the cheaper event buy ins, just wondered if I should be planning to head out sooner.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLO8fish View Post
    Fairly new member.

I have been playing online for about 10 years recreationally. Probably a slight loser overall. But can't seem to kick the leisure element.

I have always planned to go to vegas for the seniors event when I'm old enough. In the uk so its not a quick trip. Not sure why the seniors I guess that's just a target.

However taking into consideration Todd statement regarding the quality of players in the event in 5 years and the cheaper event buy ins, just wondered if I should be planning to head out sooner.
    My suggestion learn how to play some other games.. Holdem tourneys are brutal anymore in Vegas.. Cash is fine to play as donkeys are everywhere but 10-15% are who cash in a given tournament making variance almost unbeatable given the sheer numbers.. Hoping they have a Big O tournament next year at WSOP (heard from a source its under consideration). Poker and golf are similar in one aspect.. Cash games are like putting in golf its really how you make your money.. Driving is the big showoff but ever so often you can hit that hole in 1 that can make you big money..

Of course having said that Chris Ferguson made a joke of it this year cashing in over 23% of all the tourneys held (not sure what his actual cash total compared to how many tourneys he entered but cashing in 17 out of 74 total events run is just sick)

Thread Information