Thread: Best Course Of Action?

Load Metric

Best Course Of Action?

I am sitting in the airport in OKC right now because my flight that was supposed to leave from here to Denver at 6:40 was delayed 2 hours due to their being "no flight staff." This caused me to obviously miss my connecting flight from Denver to Las Vegas. The option that i was given by United Airlines as the earliest way to get to Vegas was sending me on this 8:40 flight to Denver, then on a flight to Phoenix, then on a flight to Vegas - arriving in Vegas at around 3 PM local time. I was originally supposed to be in Vegas at 9 AM local time. This is a 6 hour difference and a huge inconvenience obviously. What is my best course of action on a complaint here? They obviously need to reimburse me for my rental car because I am renting a car and they charge by the hour. I only get 20 minutes of free wifi in the airport (lol) so I will wrap this up and hope Druff responds or maybe I can talk to him when I land in Vegas. Anyone have or had experience in this area please let me know.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Not enough information. You said the flight crew did not arrive. There has to be a reason. Maybe one of the flight attendants suddenly died. Maybe he/she was diagnosed with terminal cancer and freaked out.

You make it sound like the airline decided to go out of their way to inconvenience you.

I have never understood pricks like this. They want to blow up service people when in reality there is probably a real good reason why, in this case, his flight is delayed. Nobody is sitting around United on how to inconvience John Stamus, that is for fucking sure.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Never hurts to ask for a reimbursement as the squeaky wheel gets the grease...If not $$$ maybe they'll give you something else...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    I am sitting in the airport in OKC right now because my flight that was supposed to leave from here to Denver at 6:40 was delayed 2 hours due to their being "no flight staff." This caused me to obviously miss my connecting flight from Denver to Las Vegas. The option that i was given by United Airlines as the earliest way to get to Vegas was sending me on this 8:40 flight to Denver, then on a flight to Phoenix, then on a flight to Vegas - arriving in Vegas at around 3 PM local time. I was originally supposed to be in Vegas at 9 AM local time. This is a 6 hour difference and a huge inconvenience obviously. What is my best course of action on a complaint here? They obviously need to reimburse me for my rental car because I am renting a car and they charge by the hour. I only get 20 minutes of free wifi in the airport (lol) so I will wrap this up and hope Druff responds or maybe I can talk to him when I land in Vegas. Anyone have or had experience in this area please let me know.
    Best course of action would obv be to make another pointless thread about how you're going to Las Vegas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    Not enough information. You said the flight crew did not arrive. There has to be a reason. Maybe one of the flight attendants suddenly died. Maybe he/she was diagnosed with terminal cancer and freaked out.

You make it sound like the airline decided to go out of their way to inconvenience you.

I have never understood pricks like this. They want to blow up service people when in reality there is probably a real good reason why, in this case, his flight is delayed. Nobody is sitting around United on how to inconvience John Stamus, that is for fucking sure.
    It is waaaay more likely that the flight crew issue has to do with them already working on flights that were delayed and stuff, and because of FAA rules, aren't allowed to work another flight so quickly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by John Stamos View Post
    Your chances of getting anything are quite low, but it doesn't hurt to try. For delays, even ones caused by mechanical problems that are technically the airline's fault- they typically give you a hotel room if needed and a few bucks in food vouchers. They can't just put another flight staff on the plane because of federal work limit rules. Those are good rules, because you don't want to be on a plane where the pilot has been awake for 30 hours.

Load Metric
    Not to sound unsympathetic - but - shit happens. Usually they will give you a meal voucher to keep you fed during the delay.

Thread Information