Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Narcos 3: 9/1

Load Metric

Narcos 3: 9/1

my body is ready.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Thanks for the reminder....I still havent watched season 2.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Season 2 was no bueno

Load Metric
    Ehn... I'm not expecting Gomorrah. Plus its all essentially true and fascinating so fuck it, I'm in.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Does the Mountain come in at some point for a trial by battle?

Comments

sonatine: MAYBE

Load Metric
    Lol at tines body being ready for anything

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post

In the meantime, if you need a narco fix , el chapo is pretty good on Netflix

Load Metric
    YESSSSSSSSSSS

Comments

sonatine: MADE.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post

In the meantime, if you need a narco fix , el chapo is pretty good on Netflix
    I'm in on anything El Chapo / Mexican drug cartels. That world just blows my mind.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

my dick is harder than a rottweiler but somehow the decision to include a cypress hill song in the trailer makes me wonder if they've bitten off more than they can chew.

Load Metric
    THIS FRIDAY BUMP

Load Metric
    Reviews bump.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: was thinking about bumping this an hour ago, good call rep

Load Metric
    im half way through. its good not great so far. that said, supposedly the second half is where the body count starts in earnest so there will be an update later tonight i expect.

Load Metric
    all im saying, i feel like 80% of this season is manufactured drama and bullshit suspense, and i didnt feel that way about the other 2 eps.

i dont hate it, i just dont find it very compelling.

Load Metric
    overall im giving this season like a C+. season 4 / mexico could/should be nut nut tho. and honestly i expect season 5 has a lot of fucking potential if they pivot to something like golden triangle politics or even russian mob shit.

Load Metric
    aaaaand they are dropping a lot of bread crumbs that season 4 is just going to be yet another rehash of the el chapo story, which is pretty much a worst case scenario, but hopefully they can bring in enough peripheral players to actually make it interesting.

Load Metric
    Knocked it all out in two days with wife as she recovers from wisdom teeth extraction...

Found it to be disappointing, largely because it just felt like a reboot with four much less interesting kingpins.

Comments

sonatine: pretty much this, yeah
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Also considering how pervasive and iconic Columbian coke violence was in the late 80s / early 90s, boy did they go out of their way to leave most of it off-screen. Not a great decision.

Load Metric
    As soon as we had to watch the gay dance scene that served zero purpose we had to endure a weird greaser narco killing. Like wtf are narcos doing rolling around on motorcycles wearing leather jackets like they are about to go across town and start beef with the rival highschool shop guys.

Load Metric
    seriously ^this as well.

Thread Information