Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This forum is deteriorating. We are in a dark place

Load Metric

This forum is deteriorating. We are in a dark place

I just want to say as a forum member since 2007, a Founding Father so to speak, we have hit dangerous spot. We are not growing our membership, in fact many of us are dying off or moving on. New members are fagging things up so badly I am embarrassed to even log in. I mean the fact FPS Russia even has an account that can post more that 5 times a month is mystifying.

We need new members. Our forum has become stale. We need something to attract new members, and I believe its a $5,000 free roll announced like 3 months in advance is the way to go. Something huge. If everyone could donate a mere $100 to the free roll, you would be supporting the forum you post in (naturally my $100 donation would be waived since this is my idea, a sponsor exemption). So we simply need 50 posters to furnish $100 and we hype the shit out of the free roll all over the internet. You'd have likely 10,000 players compete and probably 1000 players would become members.

You want to compete with the big boy forums, this is how you do it.

I know what I am talking about. Marketing is in my wheelhouse.

Comments

ThreeBet: HOF

hongkonger: The big baller wants a sponsor exemption. LMAO

sah_24: Hmm join date says 2017 real OG

SchoenfeldsJawMuscles: horrible

JACKDANIELS: bottomset is god

WillieMcFML: never change <3

chinamaniac: true

J Sousa: naturally my $100 donation would be waived since this is my idea, a sponsor exemption. Your idea is worth $100? And I and others should do $100? I'ts not 2007 anymore and those days are never coming back. But it is 2017 enjoy!

SrslySirius: PREACH

simpdog: in for 100. BS IS GOD

varys: BottomGod

DRK Star: Freddy Krueger Sweater pattern, but he's right

gauchojake: GREAT IDEA HORDELL

GringoStar: Not a bad idea, but a horrible pitch for someone claiming to have marketing in their wheelhouse. There are also other ways to raise money.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hordell View Post
    I just want to say as a forum member since 2007, a Founding Father so to speak, we have hit dangerous spot. We are not growing our membership, in fact many of us are dying off or moving on. New members are fagging things up so badly I am embarrassed to even log in. I mean the fact FPS Russia even has an account that can post more that 5 times a month is mystifying.

We need new members. Our forum has become stale. We need something to attract new members, and I believe its a $5,000 free roll announced like 3 months in advance is the way to go. Something huge. If everyone could donate a mere $100 to the free roll, you would be supporting the forum you post in (naturally my $100 donation would be waived since this is my idea, a sponsor exemption). So we simply need 50 posters to furnish $100 and we hype the shit out of the free roll all over the internet. You'd have likely 10,000 players compete and probably 1000 players would become members.

Fuck that, we should all just take a vacation to Perth

Load Metric
    Who is John Gault, I mean Ken Hordell?

Comments

Kilgore Trout: *galt. And, this is brilliant.

Load Metric
    Stumping up a hundy to encourage a swarm of Larry's feels like a tremendous shout.

Whoever said the best ideas were found at the bottom of a bottle certainly wasn't kidding.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric

So do us all a favor and don't.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    SO MUCH BEEF IN THESE WHOPPERS

Comments

The_Lurker: so beefy
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    The funny thing is bottomset showed up on NWP after it peaked. The peak of this community was 2007 and it was downhill ever since.

Load Metric
    I'm not saying cool stuff hasn't happened since. But after Micon got the TV time in the main event, so many people came to NWP. I was mostly a lurker, but there was so many naive poker players posting their pics and being earnest. Now everyone is jaded.

Nothing could beat Dcal, empiremaker, charder, 187 homicide posting their pics for photoshops.
    Weiss destroying internet poker players that thought they were cool because they were playing 1-2 NL.
    Original heeb runs
    There isn't going to be a shipdachips posting a weed gas mask photo because he thinks it's so cool
    That honest naivete is never coming back.

I'm not a huge "back in the day" guy, but this community had its moment and it's not coming back. Just enjoy what's left and the occasional HOF thread and stop lamenting for days you weren't a big part of anyway.

Comments

hongkonger: BOOM ROASTED

wrenchjockey: So very wrecked.

The_Lurker: now he is gunna have to drink to end the pain

sonatine: wowwwww++

vegas1369: Raping the plumber rep

nunbeater: truf

Tegnation22: He has spoken

El Gallo: We are also now old as fuck

Load Metric
    My guess is in 2007 the average age was 24 or less. Tons of kids on the boards.

Now in 2017 my guess is the average age is 34.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    The funny thing is bottomset showed up on NWP after it peaked. The peak of this community was 2007 and it was downhill ever since.

AIM CREW IS GOD. some of the "cool edgy guys" blamed fags like myself, Michael, beenfagging, OSAahead, shipdachips, etc.. for clogging up the board

Comments

michael: dream team

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Pretty sure Todd talked about this before, if I recall he said the average age was higher. I was one of the younger guys on NWP at 19.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

+/- 1.5 years from 41 is probably median. Iirc, forum was like Druff -4 on average. Druff is like -2 from me. Place is old. Thread made me wonder whatever became of Hels. Poor kid slamming through windshields at 90 and shit. Half the time that level story was bottom of front page.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'm not saying cool stuff hasn't happened since. But after Micon got the TV time in the main event, so many people came to NWP. I was mostly a lurker, but there was so many naive poker players posting their pics and being earnest. Now everyone is jaded.

Nothing could beat Dcal, empiremaker, charder, 187 homicide posting their pics for photoshops.
    Weiss destroying internet poker players that thought they were cool because they were playing 1-2 NL.
    Original heeb runs
    There isn't going to be a shipdachips posting a weed gas mask photo because he thinks it's so cool

I'm not a huge "back in the day" guy, but this community had its moment and it's not coming back. Just enjoy what's left and the occasional HOF thread and stop lamenting for days you weren't a big part of anyway.
    wasn't his sister a fucking smokeshow? if so, Michael needs to get on that ASAP...

Comments

lol wow: Saying smokeshow instantly confirms ur a clown

michael: shes probably 50 now

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Dark place for sure. Pretty much infinite sadness. That one thread especially. Just when I think nothing can be worse than watching The_Lurker twerk in his size mid-life-crisis Prospect vest, Larry goes and accuses a guy of having diabetes and the guy actually posts a brag pic to prove he still has his feet.

Comments

michael: lol, did he really post feet

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 7 guests)
    Brittney Griner's Clit, hongkonger, SrslySirius, The PINO

Let's focus on the positive. Those Doug Polk Youtube segments really are the nuts dude.

Comments

SrslySirius:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Original heeb runs

Whatever happened to Dcal? If memory serves me correctly around 2009-2010 he was beating NL games for a decent amount and then never really heard much about him after that

Comments

ToasterOven: unsure

Banned
    Load Metric
    Throwing money at the problem won't solve anything if we're not going to address the elephant in the room. What this forum is sorely lacking is top ten lists and wrestling threads.

We used to have a poster named RobbieBensonFan to fill this need, but sadly he self-banned himself in 2013.

Comments

Wiganer: Americans can do sarcasm

Load Metric
    "You steal the air out of my lungs, you make me feel it. I pray for everything we lost, buy back the secrets."

Comments

mdj1980: Like this song

Load Metric
    I actually saw charder at bestbet a few years back. He was there for some tourney and hanging with some av club looking poker player dudes. I almost went to say hi, but then realized there wouldn't be much to talk about, and he prob wouldn't wanna talk about goat fucking pshops. Also couldn't realistically say, "Wow, you look great" as he was about 40 lbs heavier and three more shades of white

Comments

varys: Hasnt aged well rep

Load Metric
    We're just shaking out the weak hands. Triple distilled goodness.

New posters should be donating the $100. You're all ass backwards.

Someone should post on 2+2 that PFA has gone dark to the public. WSOP was the ideal time to do that.

Then open the doors and collect the cover charge.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-14-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Thread Information