Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: LoL there goes my roommate. I just 86'd him, and am changing the locks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    question for larry the attorney,

how long do you think it will take to get this case before an "eviction judge"?

you are out of your depth

also,

WINTER IS COMING
    in cook county?

it would be longer than the 30 days you think he's entitled too.

also, did you read the part where I mentioned that i've talked to several attorneys and I've researched this?

no you probably didn't.

Winter is coming. However, in vegas, where i'll most likely be, it's not that bad.
    no, i did. which is the funniest part

cause if you really did talk to a lawyer they would tell you how long of a process eviction actually is, and it isn't cheap

they would also tell you, like druff pointed out, verbal contracts are practically impossible to prove

have you ever heard of squatter's rights? i don't know for sure, but i'm guessing they are as much a pain in the ass in illinois as they are in the rest of the country. but i'm sure the "several attorneys" you have on retainer have mentioned that as well

so please, tell me again about your expert legal advice

Comments

lewfather: lits hit young larrance with all this and kid just bunny hopped right over it and went spinning on the old tilt a whirl.

Kuntmissioner: this green is actually for Lew

tony bagadonuts: This green is actually for Kunt

Load Metric
    i think we should pass the hat around and hire rum dick to work with larry's roomate to claim common law marriage.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Just browsing casually at Illinois eviction laws state that you can't evict him prior to 10 days, and you certainly can't give him stipulations to stay the full 10 days.

You'd be hard pressed to find a judge to give you sympathy about his drinking problems when you've allowed it to happen this long.

You're pretty lucky he's not fighting this. The judge could tell you this isn't grounds for an eviction or he most likely has 30 days to leave the premise. I doubt a judge would evict someone without a 30 day notice (in Chicago of all places) for accidentally letting a dog out.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobMyNuts21 View Post
    Just browsing casually at Illinois eviction laws state that you can't evict him prior to 10 days, and you certainly can't give him stipulations to stay the full 10 days.

You'd be hard pressed to find a judge to give you sympathy about his drinking problems when you've allowed it to happen this long.

You're pretty lucky he's not fighting this. The judge could tell you this isn't grounds for an eviction or he most likely has 30 days to leave the premise. I doubt a judge would evict someone without a 30 day notice (in Chicago of all places) for accidentally letting a dog out.
    I GUESS YOU DIDN'T READ LARRY HAS CONSULTED SEVERAL LAWYERS

Comments

lewfather: maybe he did consult rum dick and he passed along the same legal advice to him that he gave to druff lulz

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    My favorite internet line "I've got lawyer's already working on this" but I'm asking advice on an internet forum anyways.

Larry, the answer is you're very lucky he's an alcoholic who probably doesn't know any better or care to fight you on this. You should be thanking him for not forcing you to gamble your "lawyer" money over accidentally letting a dog out.

Judgement: Defendant wins at least 30 days and pray he doesn't counter sue for violating Illinois eviction laws.
    Last edited by RobMyNuts21; 07-10-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Load Metric
    Protip: don't have a dog if you're not going to be around to take care of it. Dog was prob running away.

But hey, have fun in Vegas again coming up....

Comments

vegemaybe: This on both counts.

Load Metric
    its not just accidentally letting my dog out. that's just the tip of the ice berg

lol at you trolls thinking I'm kicking some upstanding citizen on the streets, or someone with mental illness.

I'm kicking a degenerate low life asshole, who drinks nothing but alcohol out of my house because when he moved in he agreed I could do that.

Can he go get a lawyer and try and fight me? He's welcomed to. But he won't. He's finally gonna man up and take responsibility for his short comings.

You know what, next time I see him, i'll give him his rent back. We're on a month to month lease here as it is, so that extends to him, and guess what, we aren't letting him stay. simple as that.

nice job turning this discussion into a shit show, as if wanting a degenerate alcoholic away from me, and my dog is such a terrible thing.

you can all get fucked.

Comments

nunbeater: lol you can all wah wah wah

SDouble:
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    You asked if you were being harsh on him and I'm just telling you the laws I've seen casually searching them.

He's legally entitled to at WORST 10 days, and you giving him stipulations to get what he's legally entitled to is a serious liability for you. You're lucky he doesn't counter sue for damages/expenses for a short notice, illegal termination of your arrangements.

He'll never admit if he has a brain that your verbal arrangement over his drinking ever existed.

I don't blame ya for wanting to terminate your arrangements with him for being a raging alcoholic. Whether that's legal grounds to evict would be for a judge to decide based on yours and his circumstances.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: what this guy said
    Last edited by RobMyNuts21; 07-10-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Load Metric
    After reading thru the thread looks more like people saying you cant legally kick him out with such short notice, not that you are being a cunt for wanting him out asap.

I would agree with that too, in most places in the west tenants have rights and you cant just kick them out whenever you feel like it. However it looks like you are lucky in this case as your roommate isn't going to kick up a fuss.

Good decision come back to Vegas btw

Banned
    Load Metric
    yea, I tried to explain this to Lare earlier. He just resorted to name calling, a sign of true intelligence. I hit him with some Illinois law and he went spinning after that lol. Like I wasn't even trying to be a dick, I was literally trying to help him because I understand the situation and why he would want him out. Apparently if you don't just blindly agree with young larrance this is how he is going to act. In his mind why shouldn't we all blindly agree with whatever he says, the kid rides a bike for a living and has 3 roommates after all.

What could go wrong?

Load Metric
    I'm sorry but being away for extended periods of time knowing that the drunk is going to be home with the dog, is not something a responsible dog owner does. No the dog situation is not the tip of the iceberg, it IS the iceberg.

Had an alcoholic housemate for a few years, worked out well for me financially and generally managed ok. One thing I would learn however was never to give him any responsibility and don't rely on him for anything. I've since looked after dogs and shudder to think how it would have gone if he was still there.

Also shout out to Tyde for staying away from this thread.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    yea, I tried to explain this to Lare earlier. He just resorted to name calling, a sign of true intelligence. I hit him with some Illinois law and he went spinning after that lol. Like I wasn't even trying to be a dick, I was literally trying to help him because I understand the situation and why he would want him out. Apparently if you don't just blindly agree with young larrance this is how he is going to act. In his mind why shouldn't we all blindly agree with whatever he says, the kid rides a bike for a living and has 3 roommates after all.

What could go wrong?

Faggot

Comments

lewfather: but the kind works you spoketh of in regards to the jay-z album? all moot now? pillow talk?

Load Metric
    Comments

lewfather: but the kind works you spoketh of in regards to the jay-z album? all moot now? pillow talk?

Don't take it so personal. I just made sure it wasn't Michael and then made my post. Also I don't remember any kind words. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I'm on an 80's kick.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

he was on a "verbal" lease with me. part of the contingencies of this verbal agreement was that he wouldn't drink excessively.

Drink excessively? My neighbor refered to him as "the half in the bag all the time roommate who's always outside on the front porch drinking"

that violates our verbal contract. So when he goes and tries to fight this, he can preface it with that he agreed with me that he couldn't do those things.

Dangerous behavior violates any lease, verbal or otherwise. If the guy is shooting junk in my bathroom, do I have to let him stay bc he's on a lease? FUCK NO I DON'T.

He also is a danger to himself, and part of the agreement for the 10 days is that he check in to rehab or AA. he's already agreed to leave in 10 days. so he can go fuck himself.

Lease or no lease, residence or no residence: this kind of behavior does not get you good points in front of an eviction judge who will laugh this out of his court room.

LOL at thinking I haven't researched this. I've been wanting to kick him out for months.
    Again, I know absolutely nothing about Illinois law, so perhaps it's different.

However, in California, you cannot simply decide that a roommate is behaving poorly and just kick him out.

You would need to go through the following process:

1) Give a 3-day notice to perform covenant or quit.

2) Wait 3 days to see if he has changed his behavior.

3) If he has changed his behavior, then your only option to get rid of him is to give him a 30-day notice to vacate, and then proceed with eviction proceedings after that.

4) If he hasn't changed his behavior, then you can start eviction proceedings, but this takes time and involves a court appearance.

So there's absolutely no way to force him to leave in 10 days in California, unless he leaves voluntarily upon your request.
    Brings up memories of your ken story.

Load Metric
    Ok back on track why on earth do you guys think this guy would want to stay after St. Lawrence boots him? This is St. Lawrence's place, he's not some landlord across town. It seems so ridiculous to bring up squatters rights or imagine how it could get to that point. This isn't the tv show Silicon Valley, this is real life.

Load Metric

I have a lawyer already waiting for him. but we wont need that bc he agreed to leave. once he agrees, that's that.
    You keep a lawyer on retainer with your $120 a week job delivering pies:

Name:  g5555iphy.gif
Views: 310
Size:  1.34 MB

Comments

lewfather: NAILED THAT NERD!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

I have a lawyer already waiting for him. but we wont need that bc he agreed to leave. once he agrees, that's that.
    You keep a lawyer on retainer with your $120 a week job delivering pies:

Name:  g5555iphy.gif
Views: 310
Size:  1.34 MB
    While I know for a fact no real lawyer gave Larry that advice and would in fact had actually told him the truth (as many have stated) or say "IDK", rather than risk bring brought up on ethic charges... saying that he doesn't have a lawyer on retainer is kinda short sighted. I have a legit top tier real estate lawyer and criminal defense lawyer at my beck and call and I pay them $0 and when I need them (mostly the realestate one) I pay them $0 and they ask for $0... how? Realestate lawyer is my uncle and criminal defense lawyer is my aunt.... it's possible that he does have relatives or close friends who are real lawyers, not probable they gave him that advice.

Guy is a scumbag, be happy he's not taking you to court larry...now back to vegas TRs before tine destroys you again, reading that burned me.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    he just served me with a lawsuit.

i'm kidding.

if he asks for the full 30 days ill give it to him.

but that's it. month to month lease ends this month for him then.

problem solved if there is one.

oh and Lew, you can eat a sack of dicks you fucking faggot.

keep up your shit talking.

Comments

lewfather: Nice Tilt.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  I8CCwT7.gif
Views: 305
Size:  1.75 MB

Name:  liZ2dCI.gif
Views: 323
Size:  994.4 KB

Name:  tenor (1).gif
Views: 300
Size:  2.36 MB

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 11.53.21 AM.png
Views: 319
Size:  1.49 MB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information