Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: LoL there goes my roommate. I just 86'd him, and am changing the locks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

it has something to do with increasing the rake. i forget the math.

increasing the rake to more than the 10% max $5? Because that's what it was.

whens the last time you saw sunlight, or a brick and mortar poker room.

it has to do with chip structures. 9/18 is a 3/6 betting structure with $3 chips. 10/20 would have to either be a $2 chip game, at a 5/10 chip structure. that'd take too fucking long (if you used red chips you'd have a 2/4 chip structure)

you know i lived in vegas right?

oh wait, of course you dont, because you're literally a random acid casualty with crippling emotional problems whose shopping for the attention a functional, sober father would have provided on a 4th tier alt-right poker gossip site.

so stay in your goofy fucking lane, tattoo; you're comic relief.

Comments

ToasterOven: 4th tier alt right gossip site

Tellafriend: so overdue

handicapme: JFC....

big dick: ruthless

SrslySirius: REKT

The_Lurker: Da plane Da plane

gauchojake: beautiful

OSA: ari gold would be proud

LegalizeMeth: dude just dropped a semi colon on ur ass bro

nunbeater: got heem

tony bagadonuts: Welcome to Fantasy Island!
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    You're going back to Vegas?

correct.

$138 round trip.

Laffer/Drexel/Leapin' round 2.

The last time I was there I didn't grind enough cash games, and that 9/18 at bellagio is worth the plane ticket alone.

What days are you going down?
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegnation22 View Post
    No offense Larry but would you be capable of knockout power?

How big is the alcoholic?

geeze, credit the Leisure Suit King for knowing you don't fight unless you tip the odds your way;

a lighter, a bolt or roll of nickels held in the fist will break some facial bones quite nicely
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    I hope it's the elf that made Sandies and not the one that makes Fudge Stripes. Don't kick the Fudge Stripe elf out of the tree, please.
    Get a life dude...

He is not responsible for your stupid dog. Drunk or not..

He doesn't have to be on the lease. He is there for a year and u can't throw him out..

He doesn't have to live according to your expectations as long as he pays the rent..

I would just tell u to go fuck yourself and take a shit on the living room floor while I go back to my room and down a bottle of absolute.

Comments

Muck Ficon: :facepalm

big dick: shut up faggot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    I hope it's the elf that made Sandies and not the one that makes Fudge Stripes. Don't kick the Fudge Stripe elf out of the tree, please.
    Get a life dude...

He doesn't have to be on the lease. He is there for a year and u can't throw him out..

He doesn't have to live according to your expectations as long as he pays the rent..

I would just tell u to go fuck yourself and take a shit on the living room floor while I go back to my room and down a bottle of absolute.
    This is why you shouldn't do crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

Get a life dude...

This is why you shouldn't do crack.

This guy is what these boards are all about. Don't let this retarded cheese curd curb your crack cravings failed pizza man
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Get a life dude...

how much crack do you smoke?
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

increasing the rake to more than the 10% max $5? Because that's what it was.

whens the last time you saw sunlight, or a brick and mortar poker room.

it has to do with chip structures. 9/18 is a 3/6 betting structure with $3 chips. 10/20 would have to either be a $2 chip game, at a 5/10 chip structure. that'd take too fucking long (if you used red chips you'd have a 2/4 chip structure)

you know i lived in vegas right?

oh wait, of course you dont, because you're literally a random acid casualty with crippling emotional problems whose shopping for the attention a functional, sober father would have provided on a 4th tier alt-right poker gossip site.

so stay in your goofy fucking lane, tattoo; you're comic relief.
    no i just believe the legend of sonatine.

which is that you're a basement dwelling man child with big hands and a small head who relentlessly searches reddit for the next topic you're going to create a thread about. And you also fly fish.

but really.....do you play poker?

stay in my lane ? no thank you. i like to ride in yours.

oh and if you would, Lord Sonatine, can you please explain how you think they spread 9/18 with $3 chips because of the rake?

or was that just another Sonatine'ism (where we are supposed to believe you at face value bc you post a lot and seem to know things...)
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    game on

Banned
    Load Metric

TINE HIT LARRANCE WITH THAT INSERT COIN TR.

Load Metric
    lol @ poor old 'Tine.

he's too old to cut the mustard

he should retire.

Comments

Tellafriend: oh no you didn't

George Steinbrenner

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post

TINE HIT LARRANCE WITH THAT INSERT COIN TR.

i wonder if any of those nwp & dd trip reports are up on like, wayback.org.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Larry should get a stake next year, but with the caveat that he has to room with me the entire trip

Comments

big dick: not funny as usual

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    sonatine loves to call this an alt-right site, but there's more active liberal posters here than active conservatives.

And I am not alt-right myself, unless you want to bastardize the term "alt-right" to mean anyone conservative.

Larry, I don't know about Chicago, but California does not allow you to kick out roommates on the spot, even if there is no rental agreement. They still have automatic rights by being residents in your unit, even if for a short time.

He might be too dumb to realize this, but honestly you should be happy if he gets out of there within 10 days.

Comments

thesidedish: yes he does. def more liberals

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    sonatine loves to call this an alt-right site, but there's more active liberal posters here than active conservatives.

And I am not alt-right myself, unless you want to bastardize the term "alt-right" to mean anyone conservative.

Larry, I don't know about Chicago, but California does not allow you to kick out roommates on the spot, even if there is no rental agreement. They still have automatic rights by being residents in your unit, even if for a short time.

He might be too dumb to realize this, but honestly you should be happy if he gets out of there within 10 days.

he was on a "verbal" lease with me. part of the contingencies of this verbal agreement was that he wouldn't drink excessively.

Drink excessively? My neighbor refered to him as "the half in the bag all the time roommate who's always outside on the front porch drinking"

that violates our verbal contract. So when he goes and tries to fight this, he can preface it with that he agreed with me that he couldn't do those things.

Dangerous behavior violates any lease, verbal or otherwise. If the guy is shooting junk in my bathroom, do I have to let him stay bc he's on a lease? FUCK NO I DON'T.

He also is a danger to himself, and part of the agreement for the 10 days is that he check in to rehab or AA. he's already agreed to leave in 10 days. so he can go fuck himself.

Lease or no lease, residence or no residence: this kind of behavior does not get you good points in front of an eviction judge who will laugh this out of his court room.

LOL at thinking I haven't researched this. I've been wanting to kick him out for months.

Comments

WillieMcFML: LOL at saying you've researched this but have literally no idea of the legalities involved

Tellafriend: Larre practicing law again - negligently.

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

he was on a "verbal" lease with me. part of the contingencies of this verbal agreement was that he wouldn't drink excessively.

Drink excessively? My neighbor refered to him as "the half in the bag all the time roommate who's always outside on the front porch drinking"

that violates our verbal contract. So when he goes and tries to fight this, he can preface it with that he agreed with me that he couldn't do those things.

Dangerous behavior violates any lease, verbal or otherwise. If the guy is shooting junk in my bathroom, do I have to let him stay bc he's on a lease? FUCK NO I DON'T.

He also is a danger to himself, and part of the agreement for the 10 days is that he check in to rehab or AA. he's already agreed to leave in 10 days. so he can go fuck himself.

Lease or no lease, residence or no residence: this kind of behavior does not get you good points in front of an eviction judge who will laugh this out of his court room.

LOL at thinking I haven't researched this. I've been wanting to kick him out for months.
    Again, I know absolutely nothing about Illinois law, so perhaps it's different.

However, in California, you cannot simply decide that a roommate is behaving poorly and just kick him out.

You would need to go through the following process:

1) Give a 3-day notice to perform covenant or quit.

2) Wait 3 days to see if he has changed his behavior.

3) If he has changed his behavior, then your only option to get rid of him is to give him a 30-day notice to vacate, and then proceed with eviction proceedings after that.

4) If he hasn't changed his behavior, then you can start eviction proceedings, but this takes time and involves a court appearance.

So there's absolutely no way to force him to leave in 10 days in California, unless he leaves voluntarily upon your request.

Load Metric

However, in California, you cannot simply decide that a roommate is behaving poorly and just kick him out.

3) If he has changed his behavior, then your only option to get rid of him is to give him a 30-day notice to vacate, and then proceed with eviction proceedings after that.

4) If he hasn't changed his behavior, then you can start eviction proceedings, but this takes time and involves a court appearance.

So there's absolutely no way to force him to leave in 10 days in California, unless he leaves voluntarily upon your request.

well, like i said, this is chicago. these were the terms of the agreement he agreed to.

If he had signed a lease saying that i could throw him out whenever if he acted like this would it be valid?

It's all a moot point, bc he's welcomed to try and fight me on this. I have a lawyer already waiting for him. but we wont need that bc he agreed to leave. once he agrees, that's that.

George Steinbrenner

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

well, like i said, this is chicago. these were the terms of the agreement he agreed to.

If he had signed a lease saying that i could throw him out whenever if he acted like this would it be valid?

It's all a moot point, bc he's welcomed to try and fight me on this. I have a lawyer already waiting for him. but we wont need that bc he agreed to leave. once he agrees, that's that.
    Verbal agreements are impossible to enforce unless he admits to what you agreed to when in court.

Even if you had a lease, you would need to go through the usual 3-day/30-day notice process, and then a formal eviction.

Hopefully he really does just leave on his own, and that will be that.

Load Metric
    question for larry the attorney,

how long do you think it will take to get this case before an "eviction judge"?

you are out of your depth

also,

WINTER IS COMING

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    question for larry the attorney,

how long do you think it will take to get this case before an "eviction judge"?

you are out of your depth

also,

WINTER IS COMING
    in cook county?

it would be longer than the 30 days you think he's entitled too.

also, did you read the part where I mentioned that i've talked to several attorneys and I've researched this?

no you probably didn't.

Winter is coming. However, in vegas, where i'll most likely be, it's not that bad.

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information