Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **OFFICIAL** English culture thread

Load Metric
    This educational video about a typical British family is pretty much all us 'Murikins need to no about English culture.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Cubic Zirconia Colonel Nigel Fabersham's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    you also gave us (the world) Oasis.

and we gave you:

elvis
    punk rock
    blues
    hip hop
    miles davis
    funk and soul music
    Prince (you're welcome)
    Motown

keep your shitty culture. you've been copying ours since 1776

Have you gone mad?

I'm quite sorry, but this rather arbitrary list of yours does not cut the mustard.

For starters, which pub do you think the average gent would wish to spend his time? British, or American? The American version is dull as dishwater.

What about breakfast? Would you rather have a few fried eggs and some sad home fried potatoes, or the glorious English breakfast?

There is a reason the English are stereotyped as refined and polite, while Americans are known worldwide as boorish and ignorant.

And even if English culture is not your cup of tea, we are a stone's throw away from so many other European cultures, which one can experience via a quick jaunt in their vehicle.

Where can Americans go, without hopping on a plane for an untold number of hours? Mexico? Canada? Don't make me laugh!

America tends to prop itself with the belief that their sports offerings are superior to those of the rest of the world. In reality they were forced to develop interests in silly games because they failed to ever succeed at football. This occurred to such a dreadful extent that you actually had to cover the situation up by renaming your own silly game "football", so as to falsely claim to excel in it.

I know you will likely retort with some tripe about our teeth being grotty, but that is simply rubbish based upon a few impoverished commoners in our countryside.

Now go get stuffed, and I hope you fall arse over tit next time you take a bicycle ride.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Nigel Fabersham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryLaffer View Post
    you also gave us (the world) Oasis.

and we gave you:

elvis
    punk rock
    blues
    hip hop
    miles davis
    funk and soul music
    Prince (you're welcome)
    Motown

keep your shitty culture. you've been copying ours since 1776

Have you gone mad?

I'm quite sorry, but this rather arbitrary list of yours does not cut the mustard.

For starters, which pub do you think the average gent would wish to spend his time? British, or American? The American version is dull as dishwater.

What about breakfast? Would you rather have a few fried eggs and some sad home fried potatoes, or the glorious English breakfast?

There is a reason the English are stereotyped as refined and polite, while Americans are known worldwide as boorish and ignorant.

And even if English culture is not your cup of tea, we are a stone's throw away from so many other European cultures, which one can experience via a quick jaunt in their vehicle.

Where can Americans go, without hopping on a plane for an untold number of hours? Mexico? Canada? Don't make me laugh!

America tends to prop itself with the belief that their sports offerings are superior to those of the rest of the world. In reality they were forced to develop interests in silly games because they failed to ever succeed at football. This occurred to such a dreadful extent that you actually had to cover the situation up by renaming your own silly game "football", so as to falsely claim to excel in it.

I know you will likely retort with some tripe about our teeth being grotty, but that is simply rubbish based upon a few impoverished commoners in our countryside.

Now go get stuffed, and I hope you fall arse over tit next time you take a bicycle ride.

DAMNNNNN......

roasted by the Col. I DONT FUCKING THINK SO.

Listen Col Mustard.

That list is fine. English pub over an american? Lets see......American pubs have darts, and pool, just like English ones do. However, English ones probably smell like shit and serve warm beer and some look old enough to have had whores in them that Jack The Ripper was trying to kill.

Ok so, you can travel around europe? amazing. We can too. we just have to fly there. Big fucking deal. does that make england better? Because it's close to the rest of europe and you can drive around or take trains? (Ok, that acutally might make it better. but that's one positive out of a bunch of negatives)

And breakfast?

Hold on....

Name:  stressfreefullenglis_67721_16x9.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  32.4 KB

vs

Name:  ResizedImage600401-banana-bacon-pancakes.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  37.6 KB

yeah.

on your penny farthing, Col Mustard.
    "Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next."

George Steinbrenner

Thread Information