View Poll Results: Do you support this idea?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 80.95%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • Go fuck yourself

3 14.29%

Thread: 2018 WSOP Tag Team Event free roll

Silver
    Load Metric

2018 WSOP Tag Team Event free roll

I think the entire community enjoyed It this WSOP watching Michael, OSA, et al playing some events compliments of Cmoney. I have an idea for next year that I've already cleared with Druff. Trying here to gauge if there would be interest. My idea is to keep cumulative standing over the year from the weekly radio free rolls. At the end of the year the top 4 get a stake as TEAM PFA into the WSOP Tag team event. It's $1000 entry I'm willing to put up $500. Need someone else to put up other half. Thoughts / ideas?

Another option could
    Be overall winner gets to draft his
    Own team!?

Comments

michael: :makeitso

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Generosity Rep

OSA: michael and I as a tag team, unstoppable

mdj1980: Sounds like a fun idea

gimmick:

Load Metric
    I voted "Go Fuck Yourself" because that's my default answer to almost everything but this sounds like a good idea that I'd throw in a few bucks towards.

I was always a "top 10" player in the end of year rankings that BB always posted but haven't played a radio freeroll in over a year & was very sporadic for the year+ before that. I think there are some very decent players here & could do well in a WSOP event IMO.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    I think the entire community enjoyed It this WSOP watching Michael, OSA, et al playing some events compliments of Cmoney. I have an idea for next year that I've already cleared with Druff. Trying here to gauge if there would be interest. My idea is to keep cumulative standing over the year from the weekly radio free rolls. At the end of the year the top 4 get a stake as TEAM PFA into the WSOP Tag team event. It's $1000 entry I'm willing to put up $500. Need someone else to put up other half. Thoughts / ideas?

Another option could
    Own team!?
    I'd be in for the other half if it's 60/40 split after stake back. Would also put up another team for the 1k at 65/35 split after stake back.

Comments

hutmaster: That works for me
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    Id rather burn my money then stuff the ashes up my own asshole.

Comments

handicapme: so go do it...
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    What a great idea! Flipper Fair, Snowtracks, and D1sposition get your asses there and I'll buy dinner and cheer you on. Get this done boyz!!!!!

Load Metric

Let's Do It!

Load Metric
    handicapme: so go do it...

ok god fine maybe i will

Comments

handicapme: YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

Another option could
    Own team!?
    I'd be in for the other half if it's 60/40 split after stake back. Would also put up another team for the 1k at 65/35 split after stake back.

so if the team gets 40% that means each guy is playing all year in this points system to fly out to vegas for $150 equity in a tourney

Load Metric

Another option could
    Own team!?
    Would also put up another team for the 1k at 65/35 split after stake back.
    I accept your terms. My teammates will be Vegas and Cinamaniac
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Silver
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=thesidedish;677484]

so if the team gets 40% that means each guy is playing all year in this points system to fly out to vegas for $150 equity in a tourney[/

Teams can be 2,3 or 4 according to the rules of the tourney. So maybe we
    Do smaller teams to give more equity.

Load Metric
    I am 7/10 drunk now but I will put a team in as well.

I'm kinda hoping for a Larry/Michael team but I'd also be open to some sort of consortium where we have 3-4 teams in.

Load Metric
    If most of the players donated back their freeroll winnings towards the entry fee you could probably have most of the $1,000 donated rather than staked. Then the players could at least own their full share of the team. Maybe the team could agree to donate back some % of its winnings back to future freerolls but that would be up to them to decide. I would donate my freeroll winnings toward this idea, even though since I sleep through most of them I would probably not have a realistic shot at the leader board.

On a side note, after the WSOP ends it is time to get going on some fundraising for the production of more PFA gear so that the guys on Team PFA, and the rest of us, have at least a t-shirt or cap to show our support of the site. Maybe I will start a different thread for that where people could pledge $ (that they would send straight to Druff of course, so he could eventually make the purchase...not through me or anyone else) and also throw out design ideas. I've used CustomInk.com in the past to make softball uniforms and it was super easy, and I think you can get a decent t-shirt made for under $10 each. Not sure on the pricing for caps, polos, etc but we really need to get something made.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Would also put up another team for the 1k at 65/35 split after stake back.
    As much as I don't like you I would do this and lower it to 35/65 split for you guys lol.
    "I GOT NO TOE"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

so if the team gets 40% that means each guy is playing all year in this points system to fly out to vegas for $150 equity in a tourney
    it's a freeroll and chances are myself or cmoney would give them another shot at something... if you don't like the terms don't play!
    "I GOT NO TOE"

Silver
    Load Metric

it's a freeroll and chances are myself or cmoney would give them another shot at something... if you don't like the terms don't play!

I think part of it as well is just the experience of playing in a WSOP event, plus I imagine lots of shenanigans from a Team PFA. It's worth flying out just for the experience, the opportunity to win some scratch is icing on the cake.

Diamond
    Load Metric

SLAVE DRIVE MUCH???

Diamond
    Load Metric

SLAVE DRIVE MUCH???

This sounds like the Bernie Sanders Event @ the WSOP

Comments

michael: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

As much as I don't like you I would do this and lower it to 35/65 split for you guys lol.
    Booked. Are you guys on board Vegas & China?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information