Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Load Metric
    im going to have to put some money on conor by tko because of what a shitty, shitty world this is.

Comments

The_Lurker: seeing the big picture rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Literally everyone is pulling for McGregor to snatch Mayweathers 0 and brutally ko him in the process - besides the wealthy boxing punters who are betting large on Mayweather.

McGregor, is bigger, longer, younger, and has ko power. Not expecting May weather to fold after 1 shot, but he can be hit and has been rocked many times in his career.

Load Metric
    These are not my sports, but damn, with such disparities there must be a big edge here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    These are not my sports, but damn, with such disparities there must be a big edge here.
    Not sure who u mean, but I think when McGregor was 12/1 months ago before the fight was announced, that was a good price to take, now he's 4s. I still think he beats him at least 1 in 5 times so probably still a profitable bet. He has a punchers chance, if he doesn't land then Mayweathet will just keep moving and countering.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Literally everyone is pulling for McGregor to snatch Mayweathers 0 and brutally ko him in the process - besides the wealthy boxing punters who are betting large on Mayweather.

McGregor, is bigger, longer, younger, and has ko power. Not expecting May weather to fold after 1 shot, but he can be hit and has been rocked many times in his career.
    No one ever pulls for Mayweather. He's easy to hate.

Everyone he fights is younger. Most of them are also bigger. A lot of them have KO power.

Those people have also been professional boxers for most of their lives.

People keep bringing up Conor's 4" reach advantage, like he's going to know how to use it. Like Mayweather isn't going to use his feet to take that reach away whenever he wants.

"Been rocked many times in career" ? Do tell. What, 3 times? 2 of them came in the same fight, lol.

It'd be the biggest upset in combat sports history if Conor wins this fight.

Load Metric
    Not sure who u mean, but I think when McGregor was 12/1 months ago before the fight was announced, that was a good price to take, now he's 4s. I still think he beats him at least 1 in 5 times so probably still a profitable bet. He has a punchers chance, if he doesn't land then Mayweathet will just keep moving and countering.
    He probably means that McGregor has never had a professional boxing match.

12/1, lol. Unless Floyd is shot to shit (not likely), it should be 120/1.

So for arguments sake, let's just say that Conor lands that big, bad, powerful left hand. And then let's assume that Floyd doesn't just fall down and die.

The fuck do people think is going to happen then? If Floyd wants to move, and box, and keep Conor away, he'll do it for 12 rounds without breaking a sweat.

Boxing is as much about the feet as it is the hands. The difference in foot speed and placement in this fight is going to be fucking L. O. L.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

Everyone he fights is younger. Most of them are also bigger. A lot of them have KO power.

People keep bringing up Conor's 4" reach advantage, like he's going to know how to use it. Like Mayweather isn't going to use his feet to take that reach away whenever he wants.

"Been rocked many times in career" ? Do tell. What, 3 times? 2 of them came in the same fight, lol.

You remind me of big dick on November 7, 2016.

Load Metric

You remind me of big dick on November 7, 2016.
    I have no fucking idea what that means.

Sounds gay, though.

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_3589.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  58.7 KB

Comments

jacosta24: Lololol
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Also, that entire presser was a fucking circus.

Felt like watching WWE. It felt forced and seemed damn near scripted.

All that shit they talked, but no one even got 2 feet within contact of the other one. Shit, Mayweather grabbed Ortiz by the throat and he didn't even say anything.

They know how much money is at stake. They're going to do everything they can do sell it, and everything they can to not fuck it up.

Comments

jacosta24: This

Load Metric
    I saw an interview after where Conor said he really didn't know what to expect and it was just thrown together.

I fully expect him to ramp up his trash talking as it goes along. IMO he's one of the GOAT trash talkers and knows how to get under people's skin.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I saw an interview after where Conor said he really didn't know what to expect and it was just thrown together.

I fully expect him to ramp up his trash talking as it goes along. IMO he's one of the GOAT trash talkers and knows how to get under people's skin.
    sounds like he was expecting the mma-style press event, which is essentially just Q&A, then a face-off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maybe Floyd will cash that 100m check sooner rather than later

http://deadsp.in/1ddEL4A

Comments

jsearles22: You think this is new info?
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    He probably means that McGregor has never had a professional boxing match.

12/1, lol. Unless Floyd is shot to shit (not likely), it should be 120/1.

So for arguments sake, let's just say that Conor lands that big, bad, powerful left hand. And then let's assume that Floyd doesn't just fall down and die.

The fuck do people think is going to happen then? If Floyd wants to move, and box, and keep Conor away, he'll do it for 12 rounds without breaking a sweat.

Boxing is as much about the feet as it is the hands. The difference in foot speed and placement in this fight is going to be fucking L. O. L.
    I'm with you. I will say I was surprised and a little in awe how Floyd said he didn't want the fight, he was retired, that he's 40 and not the fighter he was even 2 years ago, etc. And he sounded genuine and almost contrite

Comments

JMM: Technically, he's right. He's not the same. But he's still a young 40. And that should be more than enough to win this.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    arbitrary bit of perspective because sometimes i need things like this to bring me back down to earth:

nate diaz outboxed conor. real badly.

Comments

Hockey Guy: This

JMM:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    I honestly think that Mayweather has nothing to gain by winning this fight. If he takes a dive the rematch will be the biggest PPV of all time $$$

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I can't believe they are doing 4 of these press conferences. One closer to the fight is all the promo they need, like anyone who would care doesn't know about it or something. By the 4th one it is going to be pretty old.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I can't believe they are doing 4 of these press conferences. One closer to the fight is all the promo they need, like anyone who would care doesn't know about it or something. By the 4th one it is going to be pretty old.
    You must be an expert in promotion or something.

Or maybe you just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post
    I honestly think that Mayweather has nothing to gain by winning this fight. If he takes a dive the rematch will be the biggest PPV of all time $$$
    I'm not so sure on this unless it's an epic battle.

You don't see Mayweather/Pac fighting a re-match. People were thoroughly disappointed with that clusterfuck.

Comments

JMM: Exactly. There is a 0.0% chance that Mayweather lays down and gives up his 0. Too much ego.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://www.thescore.com/news/1331012

Floyd Mayweather Jr. may have a few bumps and bruises heading into his blockbuster bout with Conor McGregor.

Floyd Mayweather Sr. told FOX Sports 11 that he doesn't expect his son to knock out McGregor when the two meet in their Aug. 26 boxing match due to an issue with Mayweather Jr.'s hand.

"I ain't gonna say a knockout, because my son got a hand problem," Mayweather Sr. said Tuesday. "That's a true story, he got a hand problem."

Mayweather Sr. declined to elaborate on the severity of the "problem" or specify whether it affected both hands, but he remained confident that his son will dispatch the UFC lightweight champion with ease in Las Vegas.

"He gonna make Conor McGregor look like a fool," said Mayweather Sr. "Believe me."

Even with a 49-0 record, Mayweather Jr. has never been known for his concussive knockout power. He hasn't finished an opponent inside the distance since beating Victor Ortiz in the fourth round of a Sept. 17, 2011 contest, and even that result was shrouded in controversy when Mayweather appeared to land shots on an unprepared Ortiz following a break in action.

Thread Information