Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Obvo I have no knowledge of Floyd's situation but I can say from personal experience that the IRS has changed a lot since Tim McVey did his thing, and although they will always get whats theirs, they tend to be incredibly flexible with anyone showing a sincere desire to work their situation out.

Like they arent trying to fuck around with the numbers but anyone willing to pick up the phone and speak to an agent can usually work out a profoundly painless payment plan.
    And when you have hundreds of millions of dollars and a team full of the best accountants in the world, there are ways you can delay and tie up the process. His taxes are probably so complicated it isn't even funny. He isn't Joe Blow making 50k a year. There are also processes that have to take place before they can start nailing you with interest and fees (like notice of intent to levy) and sometimes they take the attitude of what you just stated, and try to work it out with people instead. The penalties and fees aren't computer generated and only start when they want them to start, and after the necessary paperwork is filed and you are notified. I'm guessing there was some way they have tied this shit up and avoided all of the fees and whatnot. You can get a 120 day extension on payment almost automatically if you can give them a semi good reason. I'm sure they came up with many due to the complex nature of the situation.

I would bet any amount of money on the fact he hasn't paid a dime of late fees or interest....yet. July 1st was probably the deadline, and then they were going to start adding in the penalties and fees. And now he is just trying to negotiate for a few more months time because again....why not? These people don't live in the same world or play by the same rules as we do. Floyd will be just fine, just playing the game. There are ways around everything when you have unlimited cash and connections.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    There are also processes that have to take place before they can start nailing you with interest and fees (like notice of intent to levy)

this 100% does not jibe with my experience.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    There are also processes that have to take place before they can start nailing you with interest and fees (like notice of intent to levy)
    All I am saying is basically what you are saying in regards to them being able to "work it out" without penalties and fees piling up.

Like a 1st time penalty abatement, or other "waivers" they can issue. They can do whatever the fuck they want especially if you can make a good argument or have a good reason.

Here is some light reading on the matter.

https://www.irs.gov/irm/part20/irm_2...1.html#d0e2854

Comments

sonatine: word

Load Metric
    Mayweather in 8 (-110) or the Any other result at -130? I like that the any other result.
    Last edited by Tellafriend; 07-09-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Load Metric
    There is definitely a process that has to take place before the IRS can levy, But there is no process really that needs to occur before they issue penalties and interest. If you file your tax returns, and sign they are valid, they will base your liability on that. If you dont pay your liability they charge interest and penalties. It is really that simple. If your still dont pay, then they issue you an intent to levy. If you still ignore them, they they take over your bank account and property.

Getting an abatement on fees and penalties is generally reserved reserved for the average joe that had some situation in his life and not a Floyd type who has the resources not to fuck up. The IRS has a major hard on for celebrities for obvious reasons. If they can get a case going against a celebrity , or look as if they are tough on them, it helps with compliance among the general population.

Load Metric

All I am saying is basically what you are saying in regards to them being able to "work it out" without penalties and fees piling up.

Like a 1st time penalty abatement, or other "waivers" they can issue. They can do whatever the fuck they want especially if you can make a good argument or have a good reason.

Here is some light reading on the matter.

https://www.irs.gov/irm/part20/irm_2...1.html#d0e2854

You got a good point if this is his first time not paying his taxes in regards to the abatement. I have just never seen it apply to someone in his tax bracket as it is usually reserved for the random dude that makes 50k a year, had a death in the family, and didnt have the income to pay what was owed for one given year.

What is Floyd's excuse? He bought to many one million dollar cars in 2015?

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Mayweather in 8 (-110) or the Any other result at -130? I like that the any other result.

This seems likely. It's going to be hard to carry Conor that long, but he has carried a lot of guys. I can't imagine Conor ever landing anything resembling a solid shot, but if he does, it could end much quicker as Floyd wouldn't chance playing around and losing a boxing match to an MMA fighter. Assuming he never lands one though, somewhere in middle rounds feels probable length unless he catches him by accident. He can basically name his round. I assume he'll be risk averse and let Conor chase him around for awhile and tire before finishing him. Still afraid to bet a red cent on it. Too much chaos, WWE, and money to be made getting funky.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

What is Floyd's excuse? He bought to many one million dollar cars in 2015?
    My guess is that he failed to hire Jews or Mormons to watch the finances. Tyrone from middle school just can't handle the books at that level of income.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Load Metric
    event is literally $99 on ppv.

Load Metric
    This is exactly how many fucks Floyd gives about the fight.

Comments

Tellafriend: 100%

Load Metric
    It would seem that Mayweather has more money than he would know what to do with, but he has certainly put that idea to the test in the past. Notorious for his exorbitant spending sprees and reckless financial behavior, Mayweather reportedly spends up to $75 million a year, a habit which has landed him in some serious financial trouble in recent years, defaulting on loans and incurring penalties from the IRS for unpaid taxes.
    No wonder Mayweather is going broke.

If Mayweather really needs more money, he should sell off his gold-plated belts.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    It would seem that Mayweather has more money than he would know what to do with, but he has certainly put that idea to the test in the past. Notorious for his exorbitant spending sprees and reckless financial behavior, Mayweather reportedly spends up to $75 million a year, a habit which has landed him in some serious financial trouble in recent years, defaulting on loans and incurring penalties from the IRS for unpaid taxes.
    No wonder Mayweather is going broke.

If Mayweather really needs more money, he should sell off his gold-plated belts.

Exactly. I dont know why people find it hard to believe he could be broke. If he had the money for the IRS, he would pay it, as I really find it hard they are going to cut him a break on penalties. The interest is a non issue. It is the penalties that are the killer.

Broke is relative obv. He could have 50 mil cash but owes 100.

Load Metric
    Floyd on IG

floydmayweatherBelieve half of what you see and none of what you hear, especially when it comes to media in this country. While everyone is counting my money and assuming the worst, these are the facts... Uncle Sam, received $26,000,000.00 from me in 2015! What else could they possibly want? I'm sure I would have been notified much sooner if there were any real discrepancies right? Bottom line, everybody just wants to be a part of the "Money May" show, including the IRS! That's fine, you can crunch numbers all day but in the end, my empire is rock solid and intact! Now Calculate That!

Load Metric
    First press conf today @ 5:30.

Will they go HAM right off the bat or work up to it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Floyd on IG

floydmayweatherBelieve half of what you see and none of what you hear, especially when it comes to media in this country. While everyone is counting my money and assuming the worst, these are the facts... Uncle Sam, received $26,000,000.00 from me in 2015! What else could they possibly want? I'm sure I would have been notified much sooner if there were any real discrepancies right? Bottom line, everybody just wants to be a part of the "Money May" show, including the IRS! That's fine, you can crunch numbers all day but in the end, my empire is rock solid and intact! Now Calculate That!

26 seems extremely low for what he made. Probably tried to write off a bunch of shit the IRS is saying "nice try" to

Comments

Tellafriend: This ^

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Presser here:

http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Presser here:

That was fucking awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

it was the first one i've watched. is that normal for them?? It got my blood pumping!

Load Metric
    Nice suit

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    McGregor KO1

Thread Information