Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Why won't you take a bet with me that Dana won't release the unedited 12 rounds? If Conor kicked his ass badly they will be happy to release the footage after the fight. It would clear up all the confusion and it would also make Conor look great. They won't release it because it won't fit the narrative Dana is putting out there. I also doubt it fits the bullshit Paulie has been saying either.

It sounds like you're either a big McGregor fan or a Mayweather hater. I'm cheering for McGregor in this fight, I want to see him win but he can't. It's boxing and he's going to get absolutely played with.
    Why dont you take my bet?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Why won't you take a bet with me that Dana won't release the unedited 12 rounds? If Conor kicked his ass badly they will be happy to release the footage after the fight. It would clear up all the confusion and it would also make Conor look great. They won't release it because it won't fit the narrative Dana is putting out there. I also doubt it fits the bullshit Paulie has been saying either.

It sounds like you're either a big McGregor fan or a Mayweather hater. I'm cheering for McGregor in this fight, I want to see him win but he can't. It's boxing and he's going to get absolutely played with.
    Your bet is very subjective, who will decide who the winner was? My position has never been that Paulie won the sparring either. My position is that Dana would definitely lie about the sparring. I would be willing to take a bet that the sparring was probably closely contested and that even a fat, retired and out of shape Paulie probably was competitive and likely had a lot of good moments as well.

Conor tried to pull the same shit on Van Heerden but Van Heerden had nearly 3 minutes of his own footage and Conor looked fucking horrible. The Mayweathers had to do damage control in that footage acting as if Conor looked bad on purpose.

Load Metric

Your bet is very subjective, who will decide who the winner was? My position has never been that Paulie won the sparring either. My position is that Dana would definitely lie about the sparring. I would be willing to take a bet that the sparring was probably closely contested and that even a fat, retired and out of shape Paulie probably was competitive and likely had a lot of good moments as well.

Conor tried to pull the same shit on Van Heerden but Van Heerden had nearly 3 minutes of his own footage and Conor looked fucking horrible. The Mayweathers had to do damage control in that footage acting as if Conor looked bad on purpose.
    Im good with the honor system, Dana called it more or less a one way beating, maybe giving paulie 2 rounds being generous, I think we both are able to see if that is the truth or not if the footage is releasd after the fight
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    if you new how to spey cast for salmon, you would not need to rely on internet bets to feed your family.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Im good with the honor system, Dana called it more or less a one way beating, maybe giving paulie 2 rounds being generous, I think we both are able to see if that is the truth or not if the footage is releasd after the fight
    The honor system is a bad idea.

Let's do 2 bets. 1) the footage in its entirety will not be released ever. 2) I accept the bet that the sparring wasn't a one way beating.

I propose JMM as the judge of the footage if it's released. I'm comfortable betting $100 on either bet for a total of $200 or $50 on either bet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    if you new how to spey cast for salmon, you would not need to rely on internet bets to feed your family.
    I cant even do the regular flyfishing metod, but ofcourse I had to spend a couple of K in equipment
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Let's do 2 bets. 1) the footage in its entirety will not be released ever. 2) I accept the bet that the sparring wasn't a one way beating.

I propose JMM as the judge of the footage if it's released. I'm comfortable betting $100 on either bet for a total of $200 or $50 on either bet.
    So if 5 seconds are missing you win bet 1 and in bet 2 i need conor to win all rounds to win?

And nothanks on JMM he clearly has beergoggels for black men with glowes
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    I cant even do the regular flyfishing metod, but ofcourse I had to spend a couple of K in equipment

a couple of k is excessive but you would probably want a solid $800 - $1000 in gear since youre talking about one of the burliest gamefish on the planet.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I think the scenario that 5 seconds is missing is fairly unlikely. But if it's some small amount like that, say less than 1 minute total footage missing than I win the bet. I think the most likely scenario is Dana releases about 5-10 minutes max and all of it making Conor look good.

How about Paulie needs to win 4 rounds of the fight for me to win the bet? We definitely need someone else to judge this for us and it has to be a boxing expert.

Load Metric

a couple of k is excessive but you would probably want a solid $800 - $1000 in gear since youre talking about one of the burliest gamefish on the planet.
    I dont even dare to tie a fly on the line in fear of hooking my eye, If Im lucky Im casting 40 feet on the lawn outside my house
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    I think the scenario that 5 seconds is missing is fairly unlikely. But if it's some small amount like that, say less than 1 minute total footage missing than I win the bet. I think the most likely scenario is Dana releases about 5-10 minutes max and all of it making Conor look good.

How about Paulie needs to win 4 rounds of the fight for me to win the bet? We definitely need someone else to judge this for us and it has to be a boxing expert.
    sounds like a headace
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sp...q1n3a2r4113m2g

Dana White: "But I’m just telling you he made the right decision for his health, because it was a 12-round straight ass-whooping. It was as bad an ass-whooping as I’ve ever seen."

Let's repeat that last line, in a larger, bolder font.

"It was as bad an ass-whooping as I’ve ever seen."

I mean, c'mon. I'm almost surprised they don't say he actually, literally killed Paulie in the center of the ring with a lethal left hand, and then Conor took of his gloves, laid his hands on him again, and Lazarus'd the guy.

FYI, the linked article above is worth reading, how Conor provided showtime with a minute's worth of shirt clips but would only let them use it unedited, as is, with no access to the full footage. Couldn't even air half of it, had to be the whole thing. This shit ain't that hard to see thru.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 08-17-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sp...q1n3a2r4113m2g

Dana White: "But I’m just telling you he made the right decision for his health, because it was a 12-round straight ass-whooping. It was as bad an ass-whooping as I’ve ever seen."

Let's repeat that last line, in a larger, bolder font.

"It was as bad an ass-whooping as I’ve ever seen."

I mean, c'mon. I'm almost surprised they don't say he actually, literally killed Paulie in the center of the ring with a lethal left hand, and then Conor took of his gloves, laid his hands on him again, and Lazarus'd the guy.
    Yup the way Paulie looked after the session add that to the footage shown, one must draw the conclusion Dana is lying about the sparring session
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

But on the other side, you have Paulie saying "release the full tape, unedited" so again, 2 sides to the story.

My superexpert boxing opinion 2 months ago, was that Paulie was old and shot, but his boxing mind could have been a huge benefit for Conor in training camp.

My superexpert boxing opinion is that if they were both given an equal amount of time to prepare, Paulie would probably out box Conor and win a decision.

Now, you tell me what Dana White would say, and we'll just consider that your "superexpert opinion."
    Do you really need an explanation on why they didnt release the full 12 rounds before the fight?
    Im guessing Paulie has boxed as much as Conor in 2017 so he should be more than prepared to box someone who is 0-0 in boxing.
    And last we might as well quote Dana, I learned a long time ago never to doubt Conor.

Bigger, stronger, younger, faster, this will not be pretty.
    Wait. Did you say Conor is faster?

Bigger, stronger, younger, less experienced, less athletic, less skilled at boxing.

You're right, it won't be pretty. Big and strong mean fuck all when you're hitting air.

You just repeat shit you hear other people say.

Load Metric

So if 5 seconds are missing you win bet 1 and in bet 2 i need conor to win all rounds to win?

And nothanks on JMM he clearly has beergoggels for black men with glowes
    No, JMM just knows what the fuck is actually going on. You just ride the coattails of what someone else says.

Work on having your own goddamn opinion, before you judge someone else's.

Load Metric
    I love the "oh but I learned never to doubt Conor."

Because doubting Mayweather in boxing has turned out to be a fantastic strategy.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: for ever and ever. Amen.

Load Metric
    Also....

Stephen Espinoza, the Executive VP and General Manager of Showtime Sports, paints a much different picture of what actually took place.

“Dana’s misinformed here because we were dealing directly with Conor’s team on this,” Espinoza told Sporting News. “We did not receive as Dana said, a ton of footage. We received a few short clips. Roughly a minute total which were provided by the Conor camp. We reviewed them and were very interested in using them and including them in “All Access”.

“But it was a series of sort of spliced-together McGregor highlights, eight or nine seconds each. We didn’t want to use the whole thing. It was sort of repetitive. We were told if we didn’t use the whole segment as they edited it then we couldn’t use it at all. So in the end, Conor’s camp withheld permission for us to use it. Otherwise, we definitely wanted to use it. There was no intent to protect Paulie. We just wanted to cut some of the clips because it was pretty redundant, repetitive stuff.”

But...Dana said....

Load Metric
    Also....

Stephen Espinoza, the Executive VP and General Manager of Showtime Sports, paints a much different picture of what actually took place.

“Dana’s misinformed here because we were dealing directly with Conor’s team on this,” Espinoza told Sporting News. “We did not receive as Dana said, a ton of footage. We received a few short clips. Roughly a minute total which were provided by the Conor camp. We reviewed them and were very interested in using them and including them in “All Access”.

“But it was a series of sort of spliced-together McGregor highlights, eight or nine seconds each. We didn’t want to use the whole thing. It was sort of repetitive. We were told if we didn’t use the whole segment as they edited it then we couldn’t use it at all. So in the end, Conor’s camp withheld permission for us to use it. Otherwise, we definitely wanted to use it. There was no intent to protect Paulie. We just wanted to cut some of the clips because it was pretty redundant, repetitive stuff.”

But...Dana said....
    A world champion boxer last fighting in March just got his ass handed to him by a random who is 0-0 in boxing, how can that be?
    Must be that video editing and that black make up around the eyes, looks like it doesnt take much to excel in boxing thats for sure
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Also....

But...Dana said....
    A world champion boxer last fighting in March just got his ass handed to him by a random who is 0-0 in boxing, how can that be?
    Must be that video editing and that black make up around the eyes, looks like it doesnt take much to excel in boxing thats for sure
    You don't even make any sense.

Manny Pacquiao got cut up against Joshua Clottey, and Pacquiao won every single round.

Paulie swells up anytime he takes punches.

But again, you don't know what you're talking about, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Thread Information